Herron is better than Pat Mannelly.

No doubt..Mannelly blows.

Post subject: Re: Anthony Herron
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Beardown wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

Absolutely. Why the SCORE has a career long snapper is beyond me. The guy didn't play pro football for 15 years. He long snapped for 15 years.

Herron is also better than Krutz and Big Cat.

krutz is a piece of shit that Dan himself sandbagged for being a horrible teammate and BAD HUMAN for calling rookies burritos and other homophobic slurs. directly compared him to Richie incognito because Krutz was gone to New Orleans and it was safe and convenient. Now, its like none of anything ever happened because hes hired now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Long time listener to the station(not as much anymore), long time reader of site.

Is Goff still on the show? I know its the holidays, but everyone is back except him?

I do prefer Herron, he is just a smooth listen to and has very good points.

Goff is fine in spurts, just don't see him as a 4 hour radio guy.

So question is, are they auditioning his job(kinda like the Jackie Martling chair for your stern fans?)

Now watch he will be back together.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:17 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

Absolutely. Why the SCORE has a career long snapper is beyond me. The guy didn't play pro football for 15 years. He long snapped for 15 years.

krutz is a piece of shit that Dan himself sandbagged for being a horrible teammate and BAD HUMAN for calling rookies burritos and other homophobic slurs. directly compared him to Richie incognito because Krutz was gone to New Orleans and it was safe and convenient. Now, its like none of anything ever happened because hes hired now

This surprises you about Bernsie?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:29 am 

Beardown wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

I'm pretty sure Dan mentioned this to him on air and I think Olin kind of said he was right while also basically saying "That's football".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

I'm pretty sure Dan mentioned this to him on air and I think Olin kind of said he was right while also basically saying "That's football".

pretty much. But at least he brought it up. Dan's always going to bow to corporate.

It's about the same thing Dan did when Arrieta became a Score contributor, he brought up his twitter/Hollywood stuff, and Jake had no clue what Dan was actually saying. Dan assumed Arrieta was speaking of the joos when he mentioned Hollywood packing up and leaving after the election. Since he didn't, Dan's points were completely lost on him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
and I've been on the Herron train from day 1. Pretty sure I already started a thread for him. Jason had better get back quick, this guy could take his job. I'd like for all 3 guys to be in the booth.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
City of Fools wrote:
and I've been on the Herron train from day 1. Pretty sure I already started a thread for him. Jason had better get back quick, this guy could take his job. I'd like for all 3 guys to be in the booth.

that would be a train wreck.... dan would request a mute button to mute his two subordinates.... goff would still take up 25% of on air time stammering giggling and desk pounding.... herron would patiently wait for goff to finish speaking then eloquently/concisely re-state jason's thoughts in 3 sentences for the listener's convienence

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
billypootons wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

that would be a train wreck.... dan would request a mute button to mute his two subordinates.... goff would still take up 25% of on air time stammering giggling and desk pounding.... herron would patiently wait for goff to finish speaking then eloquently/concisely re-state jason's thoughts in 3 sentences for the listener's convienence

I agree the 3 of them would be a disaster. Goff should not be in any prime time slot. He has the talent to be a producer who chimes in more than the average producer. Since he has a contract and they are going to put him somewhere, put him on nights with Holmes.

Mully/Hanley
Spiegel/Parkins
Bernstein/Herron
Holmes/Goff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Fill ins are like the backup quarterbacks of sports radio. Everyone loves them until they get the full time gig.

I don't hear anyone clamoring for more Nick Shepkowski on the Score airwaves.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Shep seems like a very likable person, probably one of the most, but the nasally voice and he is still a kid. If he could get his delivery better I think he could be good down the line. Right now just too raw.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Shep is actually not horrible when he's a guest on Mac's podcast. Much better than he is when he's hosting, where he is terrible.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:02 am 

not surprised at all the dan is a corporate shill. I didn't know he had brought it up to olin. I DID hear the arietta one. that surprised me and actually made me resoect him a bit more. suppose the same for bringing up his kruetz comments..

oh well. fuck me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:10 am 

Heard Herron on the evening show the last couple nights, he's doing the laugh before, during and after a marginally funny comment thing that Goff used to do.

Not sure if he thinks he has to be like that at night or what, but it's troubling...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Heard Herron on the evening show the last couple nights, he's doing the laugh before, during and after a marginally funny comment thing that Goff used to do.

Not sure if he thinks he has to be like that at night or what, but it's troubling...

I was listening last night around 6:30 - 7:00. He did exactly what you described when talking about something that wasn't all that funny and it went on for way too long. I haven't heard every minute of every show he has done, but I had never heard him do that before. I was looking at the radio thinking "NOOOOO, you're one of the few people on the station I still enjoy listening to! Don't you start doing this shit, too!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:57 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I was listening last night around 6:30 - 7:00. He did exactly what you described when talking about something that wasn't all that funny and it went on for way too long. I haven't heard every minute of every show he has done, but I had never heard him do that before. I was looking at the radio thinking "NOOOOO, you're one of the few people on the station I still enjoy listening to! Don't you start doing this shit, too!"

It's contagious. You HAVE to laugh at the callers or you'll be fired.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Maybe a week ago herron & Shep were on. Shep slips and calls herron " pac 10 boy". It's goes by a few minutes of talk. Going into commercial herron tells Shep he has something for his ears only off air. Totally humiliated Shep breaks into commercial. They come out of commercial seems all is cool. Shep could have been fired for buddy talk. Herron had the power of life and death over him if he pursued it. They're back together but it has to be strained for Shep's screwup and herrons mother Teresa like mercy.

Last edited by vitoscotti on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Heard Shep and Herron briefly last night. They were both giddy over the prospect of being able to identify various characters on The Jetsons. The conspicuous and aggressive imposition of their "chemistry" over the airwaves made me want to vomit. I turned off the stream instead.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
You either get fired like a hero or become Jason Goff I gueds

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
What's the significance of, "pac 10 boy?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:21 pm 

rogar6 wrote:
What's the significance of, "pac 10 boy?"

It must be the fact Herron is a Known Big Ten groupie....???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
vitoscotti wrote:
Maybe a week ago herron & Shep we're on. Shep slips and calls herron " pac 10 boy". It's goes by a few minutes of talk. Going into commercial herron tells Shep he has something for his ears only off air. Totally humiliated Shep breaks into commercial. They come out of commercial seems all is cool. Shep could have been fired for buddy talk. Herron had the power of life and death over him if he pursued it. They're back together but it has to be strained for Shep's screwup and herrons mother Teresa like mercy.

I initially thought the problem was Shepkowski said "Pac 10" and Herron played for Iowa in the Big 10, but after reading your whole post it gave me the impression the problem was Shepkowski said "Boy" and Herron is black. People on WSCR have referred to someone as "[insert person's favorite thing here] Boy" for as long as I can remember.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Tad Queasy wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Maybe a week ago herron & Shep we're on. Shep slips and calls herron " pac 10 boy". It's goes by a few minutes of talk. Going into commercial herron tells Shep he has something for his ears only off air. Totally humiliated Shep breaks into commercial. They come out of commercial seems all is cool. Shep could have been fired for buddy talk. Herron had the power of life and death over him if he pursued it. They're back together but it has to be strained for Shep's screwup and herrons mother Teresa like mercy.

I initially thought the problem was Shepkowski said "Pac 10" and Herron played for Iowa in the Big 10, but after reading your whole post it gave me the impression the problem was Shepkowski said "Boy" and Herron is black. People on WSCR have referred to someone as "[insert person's favorite thing here] Boy" for as long as I can remember.

It was general college football talk squeezed in between Cubs talk. Shep was marveling at herrons vast exposure as a college football guy. Everyone is called boy at the score I guess but you knows who. I'm not a shep fan but you've got to feel for the guy trying to make a living. He really must of kissed ass during the break to keep his job.
I will turn the dial from here on now when herrons on for humiliating shep on the air.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

1. It was an innocent comment by Shep. Like you said, people at the SCORE have called people "Cubs boy", "Sox boy" or "whatever boy" for years. It's just a mocking jab. Shep adopted the lingo because he was a SCORE fan before he worked at the station. But this has always been said by a white SCORE guy to another white SCORE guy. Because whites are mostly all the SCORE has hired through the years.

2. I can see how Herron took offense because he doesn't know SCORE culture. And no black guy wants to be called "boy" by a dumb ass cracker like Shep.

It's just a misunderstanding. But Shep had to be sweating when Herron confronted him during the commercial break.

Shep isn't racist. He's just a Coal City boy that REALLY REALLY REALLY loves sports. He's a simpleton. Not a racist.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:07 pm 

wouldn't there need to be an emphasis on the word? I take what he said to be like when they say "...that's my guy!" ...instead of "Listen here, boy..."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
That's a reaction you'd expect from someone with low self-esteem or who is constantly looking for reasons to be offended because anyone even vaguely familiar with The Score or Shep would know there was no ill will intended. I wonder if Goff would have reacted that way.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
On now. His technical analysis is the best I've heard on the Score.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:59 am 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
wouldn't there need to be an emphasis on the word? I take what he said to be like when they say "...that's my guy!" ...instead of "Listen here, boy..."

Yes, it’s all about emphasis

Nicholas Cage has put in quite a few dogshit acting performances. The worst that I can recall was his role in The Rock. That movie offers a prime example of this emphasis that you speak of.

I’ll take pleasure in guttin’ you, boy

I’LL TAKE PLEASURE IN GUTTIN YOU, BOY

Oddly enough, it makes his performance in Con Air seem Brando-esque.

Con Air - great movie to watch when you’re high out of your mind at 2 in the morning.