It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1/2: Ted Phillips talk
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dan: Ted Phillips in not involved with football decisions.

Spiegel: Yes he is!!!!

Bernstein: No he's not!!!!

Spiegel: Yes!!!

Bernstein: No!!!!

Spiegel: He literally told you he was going to be involved yesterday.

Bernstein: No he didn't.

Spiegel: Fuck you!!!! (Storms out of the studio crying)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Herron in again. I'll be listening.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Dan re-purposing his "it's RFC outside" story from either yesterday or last week. At least 24 hours ago, Dan's kid didn't know what "RFC" stood for, but got it after a beat, however he appears to have lost that knowledge this morning. Might want to get his short term memory checked out, Dan, if you keep having to remind him what your "RFC" joke means.

That, or stop making shit up about what your kid says or does for social media/radio.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:34 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Dan re-purposing his "it's RFC outside" story from either yesterday or last week. At least 24 hours ago, Dan's kid didn't know what "RFC" stood for, but got it after a beat, however he appears to have lost that knowledge this morning. Might want to get his short term memory checked out, Dan, if you keep having to remind him what your "RFC" joke means.

That, or stop making shit up about what your kid says or does for social media/radio.

yeah, that happened. Sounds like Dan wanted to use the phrase one more time so he made up a part story. Or made it up the first time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Bernstein is pissily defending Bears management today the way Hub used to when he was employed by the Bears.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:42 pm 

I've tuned in and out several times today and every time I tune back in Bernstein is trying VERY hard to impress upon everyone that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is under more pressure than any athlete in the history of Chicago sports.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:44 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
I've tuned in and out several times today and every time I tune back in Bernstein is trying VERY hard to impress upon everyone that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is under more pressure than any athlete in the history of Chicago sports.

Well that is the show topic today....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:51 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Bernstein is pissily defending Bears management today the way Hub used to when he was employed by the Bears.

during transition he called them a bunch of idiots...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is equal to the pressure that Cutler had when he got here.

So he's right. Any young, top 10 pick QB that comes here from now until the Bears end their Super Bowl drought will have the same amount of pressure.

Just because people care about the Bears more then any other team. And in baseball, any one player doesn't matter as much as a QB. You only bat 4 times a game. Same with Hockey. You need more then one player. In basketball 1 player matters but people don't care about the Bulls as much as the Bears. So less pressure.

So it's not an amazing observation by Dan. It goes without saying that the highly picked QB of the Bears would have the most pressure on him. In fact, that would be the case in any city.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:57 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:

Jordan?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Jordan?

Not when he was a rookie cuz nobody cared. But after back to back losses to the Pistons in the late 80s the pressure was on. Still, it's the Bulls vs the Bears. So (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has more pressure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Cade McNown was only a bust because he couldn't handle the absolutely insane pressure that comes with being a first round Bears QB.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:26 pm 

You could make the argument that between the Bears missing the playoffs for the seventh consecutive year, their especially poor record over the last three years, the increasing number of no-shows at Soldier Field, and fan confidence in the organization being nearly nonexistent that there is not as much pressure on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as there would be if he were playing for another franchise.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:
You could make an argument that between the Bears missing the playoffs for the seventh consecutive year, their especially poor record over the last three years, the increasing number of no-shows at Soldier Field, and fan confidence in the organization being nearly nonexistent that there is not as much pressure on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as there would be if he were playing for another franchise.

To the contrary. Those factors make it more pressure on him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Tad Queasy wrote:
You could make the argument that between the Bears missing the playoffs for the seventh consecutive year, their especially poor record over the last three years, the increasing number of no-shows at Soldier Field, and fan confidence in the organization being nearly nonexistent that there is not as much pressure on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as there would be if he were playing for another franchise.
Yep. We're also so starved for a decent quarterback that I'd argue that Bear fan standards are actually lower. Both Grosman and Cutler had defenders right up to the end and I've already seen people saying based on how this season has transpired that they're happy with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky over Watson.

Obviously everyone would love Mitch to be as good as Rodgers but I don't think he's under significant pressure to be that good simply because sustained competence at that position would be a huge step up for the Bears.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
City of Fools wrote:

yeah, that happened. Sounds like Dan wanted to use the phrase one more time so he made up a part story. Or made it up the first time.

What's RFC stand for?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Franky T wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

What's RFC stand for?

really fucking cold

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Franky T wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

What's RFC stand for?

Missouri excellence.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Beardown wrote:
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is equal to the pressure that Cutler had when he got here.

So he's right. Any young, top 10 pick QB that comes here from now until the Bears end their Super Bowl drought will have the same amount of pressure.

Just because people care about the Bears more then any other team. And in baseball, any one player doesn't matter as much as a QB. You only bat 4 times a game. Same with Hockey. You need more then one player. In basketball 1 player matters but people don't care about the Bulls as much as the Bears. So less pressure.

So it's not an amazing observation by Dan. It goes without saying that the highly picked QB of the Bears would have the most pressure on him. In fact, that would be the case in any city.

His point wasn’t really based on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky’s draft position though. The reason he used the term “most pressure ever” was because of what Pace said about him...essentially putting the franchise’s chances of success on his shoulders without much wiggle room.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
D Rose had more pressure, he's homegrown and said he was going to be mvp.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Beardown wrote:

His point wasn’t really based on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky’s draft position though. The reason he used the term “most pressure ever” was because of what Pace said about him...essentially putting the franchise’s chances of success on his shoulders without much wiggle room.

His point might not have been based on draft position. But Dan is an idiot. Listen to me. Not him. The first QB chosen in the draft is why there is more pressure. Pace didn't have to say it. It goes without saying. Grossman and McNown were later in the first round. The 4th or 5th QB chosen.

It's all about being a top 5 pick. And especially the 1st QB chosen in a draft.

So yes, being the 2nd pick chosen and the first QB picked means there is HUGE pressure on you. The great Dan Bernstein figured this out because Pace said so. Really? :roll:

I didn't need Pace to say it to figure this out. Nor should anybody.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:36 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Franky T wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

What's RFC stand for?

Missouri excellence.

Damn straight!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.