It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
As the resident Georgia expert....

He could not renew his plates without getting an updated emissions slip. Every year you need it when you renew. Unless he drove back he did not have a current sticker.

I could also see him still in Illinois plates. Georgia has this hideous VAT tax when you buy or register an out of state vehicle. It’s easentially paying sales tax on the residual value of the car for out of staters.

I paid like 2200 dollars on a 9 year old Malibu, 7 year old edge and 1996 camaro SS.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hopefully McDude can log on and shed some light on this but bottom line is Goff certainly is a fucking scumbag .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Sad I always thought Rick was for law and order. Not scamming the vehicle codes of IL.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:00 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Sad I always thought Rick was for law and order. Not scamming the vehicle codes of IL.

I actually told the person they were dumb for not switching. Can get claims denied for accidents for lying.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
pittmike wrote:

Defending your boy > law and order

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
Hopefully McDude can log on and shed some light on this but bottom line is Goff certainly is a fucking scumbag .

The way he made it seem to me is that he had a Georgia LICENSE, not plate. He made the comment, "amazing how the officer was able to see it."

So I guess I'm defending him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:38 am 

McDude wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

The way he made it seem to me is that he had a Georgia LICENSE, not plate. He made the comment, "amazing how the officer was able to see it."

That's how I heard it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
If he had a Georgia license I don't see how he could have Illinois plates registered in his name. That means either he was driving on Georgia plates which MUST be expired, or he was driving on Illinois plates registered to someone else.

If he was driving on expired Georgia plates with an expired Georgia license, it would be pretty shitty to imply the cop was racist in stopping you, then double down on those implications when discussing your trip to court.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:13 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
McDude wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

That's how I heard it.

That makes no sense though. He lived in Georgia, he should know driving while black is cause to be pulled over.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:23 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
If he had a Georgia license I don't see how he could have Illinois plates registered in his name. That means either he was driving on Georgia plates which MUST be expired, or he was driving on Illinois plates registered to someone else.

If he was driving on expired Georgia plates with an expired Georgia license, it would be pretty shitty to imply the cop was racist in stopping you, then double down on those implications when discussing your trip to court.
He probably never changed his Illinois plates to Georgia plates when he went there. Most renewals are by mail anyways. He may have just been lazy and not changed it especially if he thought it may be a short term move to Atlanta. He also may not have had a car there but that is less likely.

I think you guys overestimate the DMV. The one in NY didn't care if you changed your license but didn't change your car plates. Now, you were supposed to do both, and insurance would be an issue when claim time came and you were paying the wrong rate. If you got pulled over they could ask why your plates were from out of state. In NY, a ton of people had Florida plates that were there for all but the winter.

I only say this because it is plausible that he had IL plates, and a GA license.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:25 am 

I got pulled over for expired plates getting off the expressway in Burr Ridge. Now, how did the officer see the expiration in the split second of passing to pull me over? #PolishLivesMatter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

He probably never changed his Illinois plates to Georgia plates when he went there. Most renewals are by mail anyways. He may have just been lazy and not changed it especially if he thought it may be a short term move to Atlanta. He also may not have had a car there but that is less likely.

I think you guys overestimate the DMV. The one in NY didn't care if you changed your license but didn't change your car plates. Now, you were supposed to do both, and insurance would be an issue when claim time came and you were paying the wrong rate. If you got pulled over they could ask why your plates were from out of state. In NY, a ton of people had Florida plates that were there for all but the winter.

I only say this because it is plausible that he had IL plates, and a GA license.

I vote this if he was hoping to come back to IL. No reason to pay the massive VAT tax to switch over.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
good dolphin wrote:
I got pulled over for expired plates getting off the expressway in Burr Ridge. Now, how did the officer see the expiration in the split second of passing to pull me over? #PolishLivesMatter

I believe some police cars are equipped to automatically scan your license plate and alert the officer if you’re expired, so they don’t need to even see the little sticker or rear plate.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Heisenberg wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I believe some police cars are equipped to automatically scan your license plate and alert the officer if you’re expired, so they don’t need to even see the little sticker or rear plate.

PA has this. We do not even have stickers on the plates anymore that need to be renewed.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Isn't the car a loaner from the dealer? If that is the case, won't it have IL plates?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
I still claim he was cruising for a gay rendezvous

If I was walking by the empty bottle and I saw "gay rendezvous" written on the door, man, gun to my head? Save the ammo!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
what are the chances that Goff's car has temporary plates? is that racist?