It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1/8 New Bears Coach
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Interesting takes by B&G. I agree with Goff on that history points to the Bears getting it wrong. Hope not obviously.

Goff made best take and did make me laugh saying Nagy looks like every bad guy from Taken. That was funny!

Another note on twitter(I follow all score and espn personalities) Goff is so thin skinned. He went after some guy who has 30 followers saying he keeps getting ratings bonus checks, etc. when a guy said ratings were bad.

Post subject: Re: 1/8 New Bears Coach
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Goff goes out of his way to block me on every twitter account I have (even ones I've never tweeted @ him with) cuz he can't handle the straight dope (literally and figuratively)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Will Bernstein demand that Phillips not be present at Nagy's press conference?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Goff goes out of his way to block me on every twitter account I have (even ones I've never tweeted @ him with) cuz he can't handle the straight dope (literally and figuratively)

:lol: completely normal

How many twitter accounts does a guy need?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Will Bernstein demand that Phillips not be present at Nagy's press conference?

loud voices in the studio demand it

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
There's a Trib article today titled "There’s a small window for Bears to sew up a deal for Vic Fangio" and hell if I didn't read that as "There’s a small window for Bears to screw up a deal for Vic Fangio."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
RFDC wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

More than what I got. I was a fool for giving up @djbinladen in 2009. Seriously I saw it like real estate snd invested accordingly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:37 pm 

RFDC wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Not completely sure, but I think I heard Shep take a shot at Mac about an hour ago. They played some awful clip of an unintelligible old man speaking at the Golden Globes last night (or some awards show), and Dan joked that he's starting at the station doing updates next week. Not missing a beat, Shep turns his mic on and says "thought he was hosting here yesterday morning".

Goff went absolutely bonkers over it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Not completely sure, but I think I heard Shep take a shot at Mac about an hour ago. They played some awful clip of an unintelligible old man speaking at the Golden Globes last night (or some awards show), and Dan joked that he's starting at the station doing updates next week. Not missing a beat, Shep turns his mic on and says "thought he was hosting here yesterday morning".

That was 101 year old Kirk Douglas who had a stroke about 20 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yes, Shep. You're better then Mac. :roll: Mac hosted afternoon drive for 15 plus years. You have a nasally voice and sound like an idiot. But take your shots.

Shep is probably mad because Mac takes shifts away from him. So add him to the "Team Bernstein" guys that hate Mac being back at the SCORE. I knew this was coming.

None of them will ever say it to Mac's face, though. If given the chance to co host with Mac, Shep will kiss his ass. Just like Goff did when he used to host with Mac. Goff's shots at Mac were only taken under the cover of B&B if you remember.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's

Shepkowksi is one to talk. He is only slightly more proficient at updates than Julie.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:44 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nick Shepkowski, the Score's second-best whiny kid in the back of the family minivan.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

I just love how these idiots make fun of the guys that have actually done what they want to do. And have done it for some time with success. Drinky with Murph and now Shep with Mac. They make fun of the guys that have the talk show hosts. Not realizing that there is a reason they don't have one. Because they suck.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

If the SCORE put out a poll asking who would you rather hear on a Sunday morning, Shep or Mac?

90% would be for Mac. And the 10% would be stupid people like Shep.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:09 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I just love how these idiots make fun of the guys that have actually done what they want to do. And have done it for some time with success. Drinky with Murph and now Shep with Mac. They make fun of the guys that have the talk show hosts. Not realizing that there is a reason they don't have one. Because they suck.

To be fair, didn't Shep help produce Mac & Spiegs? If so, his job probably got a little harder when Mac would just up and decide to not come into work or take an extended leave. I doubt Mac was ever an actual asshole like Murph was to his producers, but if you're working behind the scenes and the talent just decides to fuck off, you have standing to be pissed.

That said, continuing to take shots at a guy half a decade removed from his ouster because he left you holding the bag one too many times is pretty lame, especially when the shots are ostensibly aimed at his acumen as a talk personality, when you're not even in the same galaxy cluster as him in front of a mic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:

To be fair, didn't Shep help produce Mac & Spiegs? If so, his job probably got a little harder when Mac would just up and decide to not come into work or take an extended leave. I doubt Mac was ever an actual asshole like Murph was to his producers, but if you're working behind the scenes and the talent just decides to fuck off, you have standing to be pissed.

That said, continuing to take shots at a guy half a decade removed from his ouster because he left you holding the bag one too many times is pretty lame, especially when the shots are ostensibly aimed at his acumen as a talk personality, when you're not even in the same galaxy cluster as him in front of a mic.

Please. If Mac was there the producers would have to answer the phones and cut up sound. If Mac's wasn't there, the producers would still have to answer the phones and cut up sound. Mac's issues changed nothing for producers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:23 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Please. If Mac was there the producers would have to answer the phones and cut up sound. If Mac's wasn't there, the producers would still have to answer the phones and cut up sound. Mac's issues changed nothing for producers.

That's not necessarily true. Some shows do and take a lot of prep. Guests would have to be re-arranged, maybe some bits, too. And if the absences are happening because of something seeming more "controllable" like substance abuse, coworkers are more likely to be pissed at the increased load they have to shoulder.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:24 pm 

He does Mac's podcast, doesn't he? Maybe he was trying to work us.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Maybe it was a friendly jab?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:
Maybe it was a friendly jab?

Maybe. We could give him the benefit of the doubt since he's new to attacking Mac.

But when Goff and Mac were both at the station Goff took roughly 2,000 friendly jabs at Mac. At some point it's not friendly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:10 pm 

The joke doesn't even make sense.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
The joke doesn't even make sense.

Correct. Don't tell Shep that. He thinks that his sharp wit should land him a full time talk show.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:20 pm 

He just wanted approval from his new radio dad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
He just wanted approval from his new radio dad.

Exactly. Like Goff before him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Curious Hair wrote:

He does Mac's podcast, doesn't he? Maybe he was trying to work us.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
While certainly a friendly jab, the "joke" was in poor taste given the context.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
The Bears hired a real estate agent turned coach. This could be Marc Trestman part 2. Just saying

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:41 am 

Another note, what a great college football game. Goff unfiltered on periscope tonight(on twitter) dropping f-Bombs and having fun at a bar watching game. That is the fun Goff. Goff I miss. Sure it will be taken down, but with Danny Mac on Sundays I really hope the station gets back to having more fun and not being so serious, taking on all the social issues.