It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
I thought Nagy did an excellent job swatting away the PR-type crap that Dan seems obsessed with peddling. He gave fairly straightforward and sober answers, and comported himself fairly well.

Agreed...he refused to guarantee playoffs this year, and when asked by Dan whether the words "Super Bowl" were brought up at any time in the interview, he gave an emphatic No. Dan seemed genuinely offended and then asked "Why Not?" Nagy stated that it's a given. :D

What time was the interview?

Asking a Nagy to guarantee the Bears will make the playoffs next year is pretty stupid. Does Dan interpret Nagy's answer of "No" to his question about the words "Super Bowl" being brought up to mean they have no interest in winning a Super Bowl?

These are terrible questions from someone who throws a fit during nearly every press conference because he thinks the media doesn't ask the right questions.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:35 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
I thought Nagy did an excellent job swatting away the PR-type crap that Dan seems obsessed with peddling. He gave fairly straightforward and sober answers, and comported himself fairly well.

Agreed...he refused to guarantee playoffs this year, and when asked by Dan whether the words "Super Bowl" were brought up at any time in the interview, he gave an emphatic No. Dan seemed genuinely offended and then asked "Why Not?" Nagy stated that it's a given. :D

What time was the interview?

Asking a Nagy to guarantee the Bears will make the playoffs next year is pretty stupid. Does Dan interpret Nagy's answer of "No" to his question about the words "Super Bowl" being brought up to mean they have no interest in winning a Super Bowl?

These are terrible questions from someone who throws a fit during nearly every press conference because he thinks the media doesn't ask the right questions.
Well, it was troubling that Nagy wouldn't even say he expected to have a better record than the last 3 years. There is no downside to saying you will win more than 14 games over 3 years.

I think it was mostly him being nervous though about saying something dumb.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nagy gave a good answer saying "It goes without saying that every coach in the NFL wants to win the Super Bowl".

Let me ask Bernstein a question "How does Nagy saying he wants to win a Super Bowl actually get the Bears closer to winning a Super Bowl?"

Let me answer it. It doesn't.

Bernstein hates pandering yet he wants this coach to pander to him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown wrote:
Bernstein hates pandering yet he wants this coach to pander to him.

Welcome to life. Please keep all hands and personal belongings inside of the tram at all times #dualityworld

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

I would like to officially state that I want to bang Jessica Alba.

That means that I have a better chance to bang Jessica Alba.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
listened to the podcast of the nagy B&G interview. i thought it was interesting how he basically admitted he is not going to deal with the defense and let the DC do everything. you could tell in the interview he is raw... i got the impression he doesnt have much if any experience in dealing with behind the scenes manager/coach type issues that will come up. pretty clear he was in his QB room bubble and didnt have to deal with "team" issues. he also doesnt know how to answer with coachspeak yet... a few questions caught him off guard and he admitted it (basically) instead of coachspeaking his way through it. I didnt get the impression he had some grand vision/plan figured out.

so to summarize, coach with minimal OC and no head coaching experience unable to fake to listener that he knows how to be a good coach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown wrote:
I would like to officially state that I want to bang Jessica Alba.

That means that I have a better chance to bang Jessica Alba.

How do you know she isn't into kinky radiator shit? Can't hurt to ask. Here I'll ask for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:39 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I caught a good chunk of the postgame interview with Nagy.

Dan seemed very proud of the question that he asked. I've heard it brought up at least 3 times in the 30-45 minutes that I listened.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Dan seemed very proud of the question that he asked. I've heard it brought up at least 3 times in the 30-45 minutes that I listened.

:lol:

I thought the same thing. Seemed like a rather basic question.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:

I thought the same thing. Seemed like a rather basic question.

If Dan is not going to love himself, nobody will. He figured that out a while ago.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:01 pm 

It was a strange interview. I think they need to listen again. It was like a random mix of honesty, coach speak, and being stumped by fairly simple questions.

For pittmike, I'm not attacking him. This is probably the first time anyone ever asked him questions. He doesn't need that skill to succeed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It was a strange interview. I think they need to listen again. It was like a random mix of honesty, coach speak, and being stumped by fairly simple questions.

For pittmike, I'm not attacking him. This is probably the first time anyone ever asked him questions. He doesn't need that skill to succeed.

I only listened to presser not the interview. He is not yet a polished communicator. If he wins I won’t care.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Doesn't necessarily mean shit to a tree when the game starts, but I like this fella a little more than yesterday and am most curious to see how this all goes.

I agree. Goff tried baiting him at the end with "Do you win BECAUSE OF (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky or win WITH (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky?"

Dumb question because the answer is both. You also win BECAUSE OF and WITH guys like Fuller, Hicks, Jordan Howard, good WRs, etc.

Clearly, he's looking for Nagy to answer WITH. I doubt Nagy was dumb enough to take the bait.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:41 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I only listened to presser not the interview. He is not yet a polished communicator. If he wins I won’t care.

It struck me as something worse than that but what the hell do I know. The (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky question was particularly painful to listen to. Honest but a tinge of over his head vs just inexperienced.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Brad Biggs question still cracks me up. "What was the name of the restaurant?" Dumb ass. He would have pursued it if there weren't more reporters with other questions.

Biggs: What did you order?

Pace: Umm...a steak. What does it matter?

Biggs: Did you guys have appetizers?

Pace: What?

Biggs: DID. YOU. GUYS. HAVE. APPETIZERS? Answer the question!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:55 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
BD wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Doesn't necessarily mean shit to a tree when the game starts, but I like this fella a little more than yesterday and am most curious to see how this all goes.

I agree. Goff tried baiting him at the end with "Do you win BECAUSE OF (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky or win WITH (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky?"

Dumb question because the answer is both. You also win BECAUSE OF and WITH guys like Fuller, Hicks, Jordan Howard, good WRs, etc.

Clearly, he's looking for Nagy to answer WITH. I doubt Nagy was dumb enough to take the bait.

Nagy did answer “WITH”.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Biggs: WHAT WERE THE SIDES?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:01 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Biggs:How were the waitresses? Cute? Busty? Sweaty and overworked?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:12 am 

Listening to this interview now as a replay on Mully and Hanley. My Gog, is Bernsie a hand job. He is using his boy like really excited voice trying to make long winded leading questions. Nagy just swipes him away like an old pro.

Example is Dan leading him about how he knows Nagy's work ethic and he came today knowing the roster up and down blah blah. Asks him if he can hold him to a playoff standard. Nagy is like um no I do not know the roster up and down honest and no that is not fair. :lol:

Goff questions need no further comment.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
Listening to this interview now as a replay on Mully and Hanley. My Gog, is Bernsie a hand job. He is using his boy like really excited voice trying to make long winded leading questions. Nagy just swipes him away like an old pro.

Example is Dan leading him about how he knows Nagy's work ethic and he came today knowing the roster up and down blah blah. Asks him if he can hold him to a playoff standard. Nagy is like um no I do not know the roster up and down honest and no that is not fair. :lol:

The only thing Goff should’ve proferred is a reminder to Nagy of the importance of changing your plates, registration and drivers license when you move here .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Bernstein: Were the words Super Bowl or Title mentioned in the interview?
Nagy: No.
Bernstein: Why Not?
Nagy: It's common sense you want to win the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:43 am 

pittmike wrote:

I flipped him on during an interview a couple of days ago with that new backup goalie on the Blackhawks. The topic itself is a quick station change but Dan was asking minute long questions in an attempt to display his own knowledge of the position.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:52 am 

good dolphin wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I flipped him on during an interview a couple of days ago with that new backup goalie on the Blackhawks. The topic itself is a quick station change but Dan was asking minute long questions in an attempt to display his own knowledge of the position.

#mykidplays

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:42 am 

pittmike wrote:
My Gog, is Bernsie a hand job.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:53 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Bernstein: Were the words Super Bowl or Title mentioned in the interview?
Nagy: No.
Bernstein: Why Not?
Nagy: It's common sense you want to win the Super Bowl.

I heard that when I got into my car. Pretty funny. :lol: