It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Medici
Maybe he didn’t like co-hosting with Oak Park Vandy? Asking for a friend.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Nice try, Beardown.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: V & N
Of course he doesn’t like Mac. Who likes the person who is going to take their job.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Goff doesn't like Mac because Bernstein doesn't like Mac (or substitute "takes shots at" for "doesn't like"). Or at least, they don't like what Mac and his approach represents, which ironically is a lot closer to the "voice of the fan" moniker the station uses to brand itself than is "Very. Smart. Woke. Radio.". Goff hates fans and listeners like his dear old radio dad, and by extension, anyone who embraces them.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:13 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Goff doesn't like Mac because Bernstein doesn't like Mac (or substitute "takes shots at" for "doesn't like").

No. I dont think it has anything to do with Bernsie.

I think it comes back to hard feelings for being passed over for other opportunities such as bringing in meatpants

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Goff doesn't like Mac because Bernstein doesn't like Mac (or substitute "takes shots at" for "doesn't like"). Or at least, they don't like what Mac and his approach represents, which ironically is a lot closer to the "voice of the fan" moniker the station uses to brand itself than is "Very. Smart. Woke. Radio.". Goff hates fans and listeners like his dear old radio dad, and by extension, anyone who embraces them.

Maybe Goff thinks that Mac doesnt give a shit about " guys that look like him "

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
badrogue17 wrote:

Maybe Goff thinks that Mac doesnt give a shit about " guys that look like him "

Mac's disdain for the NBA probably doesn't sit too well with Goff, you're right.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

JLN is correct.

Bernstein got a hold of Goff when he was 19 years old. Had tremendous influence over him. And Goff quickly joined Bernstein's cult.

Goff hates Mac because Bernstein taught Goff to hate Mac and his "kind". He's the wrong type of "White". Not that Jason likes any type of white, but he especially hates "Mac's kind".

1. Smokes cigarettes.

2. Likes hockey, hates basketball.

3. Likes to tailgate.

4. Still is friends with high school buddies.

5. Doesn't engage in social issues because he just wants to do sports.

6. Goff perceives Mac to be a racist even though there is no evidence to support this. Because Goff stereotypes Mac's kind to be racist.

Logically it doesn't make sense that Goff hates Mac. As a kid, Goff listened to Boers and Mac and loved them. They even took calls from him. Mac also allowed Goff to sub on his show more then Bernstein did. Yet Goff considers Bernstein one of the good whites. And Mac the enemy.

As Good Dolphin and others have said, Goff has more in common with North and Mac then he does Bernstein. Yet Goff doesn't want to admit it. Make no mistake about it, Dan Bersntein is the guy that doesn't give a shit about people who look like Goff. Brown people. Goff is the only one that doesn't realize that.

Last edited by Beardown on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Beardown wrote:

4. Still is friends with high school buddies.

I think this is a NWI thing :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

I've said this before, it just so happened that Goff got to be Bernstein's producer.

When these kids get to the SCORE, they do what they're told and go where they're told.

Had Goff been assigned to be Mac's or North's producer, we would have a different Goff today. But he wasn't. They sent him to Bernstein. He joined the cult and this is the Goff we have now.

Goff was a very influential kid when he arrived at THE SCORE, as I said. Had Goff been Mike North's producer I believe that Goff would have adopted a Chicago accent and would have it to this day. I think he would be wearing "wife beaters" and would have married a "chain smoking" white girl from Bridgeport. He would have voted for Trump and be against players kneeling for the national anthem.

But, he was assigned to Bernstein. So, we didn't get to see the Goff that would have been. We got the "Black Bernstein" instead.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:58 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
JLN is correct.

Bernstein got a hold of Goff when he was 19 years old. Had tremendous influence over him. And Goff quickly joined Bernstein's cult.

Goff hates Mac because Bernstein taught Goff to hate Mac and his "kind". He's the wrong type of "White". Not that Jason likes any type of white, but he especially hates "Mac's kind".

1. Smokes cigarettes.

I believe Jason is a smoker too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Curious Hair wrote:
Beardown wrote:
JLN is correct.

1. Smokes cigarettes.

I believe Jason is a smoker too.

Newports?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

In the scenario that I described, Goff would have been married right after he knocked up the white girl from Bridgeport. Not like the current situation. Because that "chain smoking", Irish-Catholic, girl's Dad would have killed Goff had it taken this long.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Medici
I remember Jason regularly filled in for Speigel and then one day Mac announced that they would stay “in-house” with the subs and just like that Goff was out and Finfer was in. Maybe that was when Mac was politicing for the drive time spot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:56 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
if that's the case, then either Bernstein, Boers, or management complained that they were using another shows people and put the kaibosh on it. No reason for Mac just all of a sudden decide its in house only.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:14 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:48 am 

I think Bernstein fostered an us against them mentality with his group as the North era ended and his star ascended. The producers, with their limited sophistication, couldn't differentiate between radio shtick hate and real hate. Both have paid the price for it professionally.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Goff can't stand a strong independent whyte man?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Newports?

Even if Goff had a Newport he'd still be two dope boys away from two dope boys and a cadillac.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I think Bernstein fostered an us against them mentality with his group as the North era ended and his star ascended. The producers, with their limited sophistication, couldn't differentiate between radio shtick hate and real hate. Both have paid the price for it professionally.

It killed drinky. That's for sure. He needed North to continue to be the face of the station for his success. Then he made the mistake of joining Bernstein's cult.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:32 am 

Now Goff's all I got no beef with you

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:08 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Then he made the mistake of joining Bernstein's cult.

I somehow genuinely used to think that show alone was trying to make smarter sports fans. Now I realize it was just injecting often radical politics into sports. But it fit my politics of the time so I just used to nod along. Now it is not only almost impossible to listen to but often just as repugnant as the people they claim to hate. Welcome to post-Obama liberalism. It's an ugly thing. It's shouting from a mountain about how conservatives just want to enslave brown people again (nevermind the historical issues with that) and then hopping on Twitter to celebrate a train accident as long as it is not your tribe in the train.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
mrgoodkat wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I somehow genuinely used to think that show alone was trying to make smarter sports fans. Now I realize it was just injecting often radical politics into sports. But it fit my politics of the time so I just used to nod along. Now it is not only almost impossible to listen to but often just as repugnant as the people they claim to hate. Welcome to post-Obama liberalism. It's an ugly thing. It's shouting from a mountain about how conservatives just want to enslave brown people again (nevermind the historical issues with that) and then hopping on Twitter to celebrate a train accident as long as it is not your tribe in the train.

Did that really happen? SMH

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:48 pm 
pittmike wrote:
mrgoodkat wrote:
Beardown wrote:

It did not.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Baby McNown wrote:
pittmike wrote:
mrgoodkat wrote:
Beardown wrote:

It did not.

Not Danny B, but many like you on Twitter have

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:31 pm 

I can't even come close to making it through a full show so I was not suggesting that Bernstein did and I certainly dont follow him on Twitter. But yes, multiple Democrats in Washington DC and liberal TV personalities all took their swipes and not a one of them even tried to make it look less slimy by mentioning the dead guy in the garbage truck. Missed opportunity! Although a couple did suggest that the two Republicans who tried to save him should be doing the same for all the horribly oppressed people in 21st century America.

https://www.gofundme.com/foley-amtrak-truck-victim

- Dan Bernstein, 2016