It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Valenti called the MSU story a hit piece with Mully and Hanley this morning. You know Dan and my guy Jay are gon' beat that ass all over the place from 1-6 pm today. LEEEEGOOOOOOOOOO!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
We gonna do this now??

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:27 am 

Spiegs just put Valenti ON BLAST

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i finally read through the entire OTL piece... it reads like a piece that is not quite finished. It would appear Izzo and Dantonio likely exhibited poor judgment but there is no real proof (criminally/court wise i mean) provided in that article that either of the coaches did something abhorrent.... there's nothing in that piece that calls out Izzo or Dantonio by name only implied... many of the stories shared warrant further investagtion and it is very clear MSU Police and Athletic department did an abysmal job handling these accusations. If more info came out that clearly shows they were complicit in "covering up" accusations, it would not surprise me at all.

Also worth noting most of these basketball/football incidents occured pre-sandusky trial.... when I'd have to imagine every AD accross the country did their best to bury these type of accusations... defnitely not an excuse for putting the program ahead of people's lives though

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Who really cares what this daego thinks? He's a nobody.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:59 am 

billypootons wrote:
i finally read through the entire OTL piece... it reads like a piece that is not quite finished. It would appear Izzo and Dantonio likely exhibited poor judgment but there is no real proof (criminally/court wise i mean) provided in that article that either of the coaches did something abhorrent.... there's nothing in that piece that calls out Izzo or Dantonio by name only implied... many of the stories shared warrant further investagtion and it is very clear MSU Police and Athletic department did an abysmal job handling these accusations. If more info came out that clearly shows they were complicit in "covering up" accusations, it would not surprise me at all.

Also worth noting most of these basketball/football incidents occured pre-sandusky trial.... when I'd have to imagine every AD accross the country did their best to bury these type of accusations... defnitely not an excuse for putting the program ahead of people's lives though

It's highly unlikely that either coach faces criminal charges. The same was true for Joe Paterno. It's more about civil cases and public pressure for creating a culture like that and aiding in players getting away with it. Izzo is going to try and finish out the year but both are likely gone by next season.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:33 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

You also are a nobody. That hasn’t stopped you from exposing the world to your idiotic thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:34 am 

Chilli Palmer wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You also are a nobody. That hasn’t stopped you from exposing the world to your idiotic thoughts.

Just this message board.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:54 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Chilli Palmer wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Just this message board.

Duly noted. That is more than enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Valenti is obviously going to be somewhat of a homer and I think his shock at ESPN trying to connect Nassar to other incidents is either naive or disingenuous as this isn't some kind of unprecedented media practice. That being said, I think some of his criticisms of the piece itself such as the sourcing are not dissimilar to what Bernstein and others on The Score have said about other stories that have run on ESPN in the past about Chicago teams. There's a weird dynamic where people seem to want to treat ESPN stuff as the gold standard for professional journalism when it comes to individuals and teams that don't concern them, but the equivalent of TMZ when it comes to their own local scene.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Add John Feinstein to the B&G enemy list. In his cbs minute he said Izzo is the only one that can heal Michigan state.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Beardown wrote:
Add John Feinstein to the B&G enemy list. In his cbs minute he said Izzo is the only one that can heal Michigan state.

Funny they just praised another sport minute of his the other day

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
doing some high and mighty crap trying to intentionally irritate Blackhawk fans.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:55 pm 

Beardown wrote:

This is John Fienstein with a CBS sports minute..here we go again... if underage rape is one of the most heinous crimes in this world, than misdirected rage after a rape has to be the second. Nothing more than a chance for college sports fanatics to take out their frustrations on the stagnant sports program's head coach using the victims as a shield. TRUST ME...the victims just want to move on and so do the coaches/administrators. But we have seen this act before, firing Joe Paterno was more about installing a modern day coaching staff than going after the true criminal Sandusy. Fool me once shame on you..fool me twice..I'm John Feinstien.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I think going after Feinstein is what sealed Drinky's fate. Bernstein led him right into it to.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:03 pm 

Going in on Valenti now

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
It's like Penn State Radio all over again. Anyone who uses "we" or looks back on their college years with great fondness is a bad person who is incapable of raising doubts about the issues concerning the university in question, the plosive in "rape" is popped extra-hard, and journalists pushing one narrative cannot be doing anything wrong because of lawyers reviewing their work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:29 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
C-B-S-RAPE-RA-DI-O!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:50 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
It's like Penn State Radio all over again. Anyone who uses "we" or looks back on their college years with great fondness is a bad person who is incapable of raising doubts about the issues concerning the university in question, the plosive in "rape" is popped extra-hard, and journalists pushing one narrative cannot be doing anything wrong because of lawyers reviewing their work.

Especially for a guy who shares many stories from his time at Duke.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I listened to Valenti on Mulley/Hanley. Never heard the guy before, but he seemed reasonable. Nothing is worse than a populous mob with a narrative run wild without ALL THE FACTS. Dan and Jason do this all the time so it is predictable on this as well. I will not listen till this is resolved.

Guessing they will voice the moral outrage and tell callers they are dumb/stupid if they try to give an opinion outside of their own.
If Izzo/Dantonio is PROVED to have done wrong, fire them. Until then, let all the FACTS come out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:53 pm 

...and then a read for Northwestern about their game with MSU.

I guess it's ok to go to college basketball games as long as you don't look back fondly about your college years.

Last edited by Brick on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:54 pm 

I love how Jason chimes in about it being sad to look back on college years when the motherfucker couldn't finish a year of college.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
cookie23 wrote:
I listened to Valenti on Mulley/Hanley. Never heard the guy before, but he seemed reasonable. Nothing is worse than a populous mob with a narrative run wild without ALL THE FACTS. Dan and Jason do this all the time so it is predictable on this as well. I will not listen till this is resolved.

Guessing they will voice the moral outrage and tell callers they are dumb/stupid if they try to give an opinion outside of their own.
If Izzo/Dantonio is PROVED to have done wrong, fire them. Until then, let all the FACTS come out.

What did Valenti say that was so terrible? I heard Spiegel say this morning that when he was listening to the interview live on Mully and Hanley he was so mad he wanted to punch a wall.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:00 pm 

And wasn't Valenti's major premise that it was irresponsible of OTL to present whatever issues there may be around Izzo et al. next to the Larry Nassar issue?

Listening to him speak, he seemed pissed that OTL and the report tried to impugn Izzo and Dantonio simply by presenting their separate issues alongside Nassar's unquestionable guilt and monstrosity, which I think is a decent point to bring up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
If they're that annoyed get him on and ask your tough questions and not replay the interview.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:06 pm 

And wasn't Valenti's major premise that it was irresponsible of OTL to present whatever issues there may be around Izzo et al. next to the Larry Nassar issue?

Listening to him speak, he seemed pissed that OTL and the report tried to impugn Izzo and Dantonio simply by presenting their separate issues alongside Nassar's unquestionable guilt and monstrosity, which I think is a decent point to bring up.
It shows that the culture was prevalent far more than this doctor. The MSU coaches deserve everything they are getting for this.

His main argument seemed to be "Yeah, sexual assault is horrible, and there were a lot of them by football and basketball players, but everyone knew it was happening!". That's remarkably stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:12 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
His main argument seemed to be "Yeah, sexual assault is horrible, and there were a lot of them by football and basketball players, but everyone knew it was happening!". That's remarkably stupid.

I didn't get that sense at all. What gave you that idea?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:15 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
If they're that annoyed get him on and ask your tough questions and not replay the interview.

I called to ask if they would have him on. The producer said it would be tough because Valenti also does an afternoon show.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:16 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I didn't get that sense at all. What gave you that idea?

Well, I don't have a transcript of what he said but he mentions in other things I read about how it was "repacking old news" like that somehow makes a difference.
Quote:
“I think it’s an absolute hit piece on Tom Izzo and Mark Dantonio and when you’re splicing in cuts of that vile, monstrous scumbag Larry Nassar and somehow now trying to draw conclusions by repackaging old news, things that were investigated, things that were handled. I’m sorry that’s not journalism, that’s TMZ," he said.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:21 pm 

Double Post.