It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The thing I like about this show is how little they care about having interesting topics that people want to hear.

:lol: This whole segment is the episode where Krusty went to jail and Sideshow Bob turned the show into an exploration of pre-adolescent turmoil called "Choices."

:lol: :lol: Outstanding.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Douchebag wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
All of Brian Billick's answers sound like canned tape. It's like he picked up a phone and started reading from a script. Every word is generic and sometimes has no reference to the question.

Brian is phoning in this phone interview.

He probably has the same gig in every major market in the country. He's being paid to phone in. I'm sure he just puts together his talking points for each week's segments.

I'm pretty sure Dan used to get his cute "look at how smart I am" questions in with him for a while until he saw they were going nowhere with Billick. He still tries once in a while, but I think he knows Billick couldn't care less.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:32 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
No idea what this means but if Bernstein is for it I am against it.

Dan was talking about how knowing Chekhov's Gun will ruin every movie for you because now you'll realize that everything introduced into the story has a point. Then he said unless they're red herrings.

That reeks of “I just learned this phrase and now I’m going to work it into whatever I can next.”

Don’t anyone tell him about the Mandella Effect.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Anyone else hear the Les clip during intros? A female caller was telling Les how he knows football, and she enjoys his sports thoughts, followed by “and I want to suck your dick.” :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
redskingreg wrote:
Anyone else hear the Les clip during intros? A female caller was telling Les how he knows football, and she enjoys his sports thoughts, followed by “and I want to suck your dick.” :lol:

I think that was Sini’s chick calling in wasn’t it?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:45 pm 

The best part is the ratings they use to suggest you "change the dial because we are doing just great" is no better than any other traditional polling. It does keep the ad dollars rolling in but is not even remotely a good metric to judge listenership.

I think those of us that have been listening for over a decade know where this station currently sits and, this show in particular. It could be easily reformed but I let out an audible groan when Goff was chosen.

Did anyone catch the Goff take on the lawyer and Bernstein's awful response yesterday? That was a pretty awful albeit short back and forth. Goff usually swings and misses with this stuff and I expected the wannabe lawyer to put the kibosh on it but he didn't.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
mrgoodkat wrote:
The best part is the ratings they use to suggest you "change the dial because we are doing just great" is no better than any other traditional polling. It does keep the ad dollars rolling in but is not even remotely a good metric to judge listenership.

I think those of us that have been listening for over a decade know where this station currently sits and, this show in particular. It could be easily reformed but I let out an audible groan when Goff was chosen.

They're getting killed by W&S in the demo.

Quote:
Turning to afternoons, ESPN 1000 continued to receive a strong showing from Waddle & Silvy who finished 1st in the market with just under a 7 share between the hours of 2p-6p. The Score during those hours was tied for 3rd with a 5 share. Since though The Score’s afternoon show of Bernstein & Goff airs from 1p-6p I examined that window too. B&G remained in 3rd with a 5, where as 1000 lost a few tenth of their share but remained in 1st. Those hours for 1000 consist of 1-hour of C&J and 3 hours of W&S.

Still losing the key demo despite shifting your show hours to try to stay ahead of the competition? Kilt.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Goff’s been acting real cocky lately like he knows something. Actually sounds better and more confident.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:11 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
mrgoodkat wrote:

Quote:
Turning to afternoons, ESPN 1000 continued to receive a strong showing from Waddle & Silvy who finished 1st in the market with just under a 7 share between the hours of 2p-6p. The Score during those hours was tied for 3rd with a 5 share. Since though The Score’s afternoon show of Bernstein & Goff airs from 1p-6p I examined that window too. B&G remained in 3rd with a 5, where as 1000 lost a few tenth of their share but remained in 1st. Those hours for 1000 consist of 1-hour of C&J and 3 hours of W&S.

Still losing the key demo despite shifting your show hours to try to stay ahead of the competition? Kilt.

They've had those hours for years.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:16 pm 

Rick now has to grasp desperately at straws to defend his precious Bernstein & Goff.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:20 pm 

Rick now has to grasp desperately at straws to defend his precious Bernstein & Goff.

Once again you don't have to be disingenuous. They didn't shift any hours.

They finally had bad ratings. We will see if changes come from it. I hope so.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:22 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Once again you don't have to be disingenuous. They didn't shift any hours.

They finally had bad ratings. We will see if changes come from it. I hope so.

They schedule their afternoon show an hour earlier despite knowing the ratings service they use defines "afternoon" as beginning at 2p. What do you call that other than "shift[ed/ing]"?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:24 pm 

Aren't they simply an extra hour? Not really a shift.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
mrgoodkat wrote:

Quote:

I will wait for Brick and DB to tell me the truth.

-Ronald Reagan