It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Next year's SB odds have come out, with the Patriots as the favorite at 5-1. Worst team is a tie between BEARS and Browns, 100-1. Sad!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
I've been off this site for the past few months and am behind on all things 670. What is this purge that is supposed to be taking place?

There have been some unsubstantiated rumors posted here by supposed station insiders (their reliability on predictions about the station is sketchy) that Entercom will be making changes to the station talent roster, including daytime shows, in the coming month(s). Recent ratings performance has been solid for pretty much every show but Bernstein & Goff, who are getting killed by their competition.

Do you have a link to a legit source that documents the last sentence?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:36 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

http://sportsradiopd.com/2018/01/fall-b ... he-nation/

Quote:
Chicago:

The 4th quarter in the windy city belonged to 670 The Score who were 2nd for the full week (M-SU 6a-Mid) with a low 5 share, missing 1st place by a tenth of a point. The station was also 2nd in weekday prime (M-F 6a-7p) with a mid 5 share, once again losing out on 1st place by one tenth of a point. ESPN 1000 finished 5th in prime with a 5 share and 6th for the full week with a low 4 share. In the weekday dayparts, Mully & Hanley were 2nd in mornings with a mid 7 share, just missing 1st by one tenth of a point. ESPN 1000 , which features ESPN Radio‘s morning show (Mike & Mike/Wingo & Golic) was 7th in mornings with a low 4 share. In middays, Spiegel & Parkins earned a ratings win over Kap & Company and Carmen & Jurko. The Score’s midday team, which airs 9a-1p CT, was tied for 5th with a high 4 share. ESPN 1000 during those hours was 7th with a 4 share. One thing to be aware of, 1000 runs their shows during different hours so when you highlight them in their own timeslots of 9a-12p (Kaplan) and 12p-2p (C&J) they were 7th and 5th compared to The Score which was 5th and 3rd. Turning to afternoons, ESPN 1000 continued to receive a strong showing from Waddle & Silvy who finished 1st in the market with just under a 7 share between the hours of 2p-6p. The Score during those hours was tied for 3rd with a 5 share. Since though The Score’s afternoon show of Bernstein & Goff airs from 1p-6p I examined that window too. B&G remained in 3rd with a 5, where as 1000 lost a few tenth of their share but remained in 1st. Those hours for 1000 consist of 1-hour of C&J and 3 hours of W&S. Overall, a few more wins for The Score but a great story to share on both sides especially in a market as big and competitive as Chicago.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:42 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Quote:
Chicago:

The 4th quarter in the windy city belonged to 670 The Score who were 2nd for the full week (M-SU 6a-Mid) with a low 5 share, missing 1st place by a tenth of a point. The station was also 2nd in weekday prime (M-F 6a-7p) with a mid 5 share, once again losing out on 1st place by one tenth of a point. ESPN 1000 finished 5th in prime with a 5 share and 6th for the full week with a low 4 share. In the weekday dayparts, Mully & Hanley were 2nd in mornings with a mid 7 share, just missing 1st by one tenth of a point. ESPN 1000 , which features ESPN Radio‘s morning show (Mike & Mike/Wingo & Golic) was 7th in mornings with a low 4 share. In middays, Spiegel & Parkins earned a ratings win over Kap & Company and Carmen & Jurko. The Score’s midday team, which airs 9a-1p CT, was tied for 5th with a high 4 share. ESPN 1000 during those hours was 7th with a 4 share. One thing to be aware of, 1000 runs their shows during different hours so when you highlight them in their own timeslots of 9a-12p (Kaplan) and 12p-2p (C&J) they were 7th and 5th compared to The Score which was 5th and 3rd. Turning to afternoons, ESPN 1000 continued to receive a strong showing from Waddle & Silvy who finished 1st in the market with just under a 7 share between the hours of 2p-6p. The Score during those hours was tied for 3rd with a 5 share. Since though The Score’s afternoon show of Bernstein & Goff airs from 1p-6p I examined that window too. B&G remained in 3rd with a 5, where as 1000 lost a few tenth of their share but remained in 1st. Those hours for 1000 consist of 1-hour of C&J and 3 hours of W&S. Overall, a few more wins for The Score but a great story to share on both sides especially in a market as big and competitive as Chicago.
Thanks!

It doesn’t appear B&G are getting trounced though as MANY seem to think.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Wasn't it tied in the last quarter when B&G had the Cubs? Now it is just under a 7 to 5 share advantage in favor of W&S. Not a trouncing but having a nearly 30% share advantage is significant. Just imagine if B&G had to compete against a good show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:04 pm 

DAC wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Wasn't it tied in the last quarter when B&G had the Cubs? Now it is just under a 7 to 5 share advantage in favor of W&S. Not a trouncing but having a nearly 30% share advantage is significant. Just imagine if B&G had to compete against a good show.

I don’t recall the numbers but I would expect them to be higher when the Cubs are playing. And while I am sure they’d like to be 1st, I don’t see 3rd getting the partnership blown up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Getting beat by nearly two whole key demo ratings points relative to competition in the exact same format as you is getting trounced.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:13 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
DAC wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

I don’t recall the numbers but I would expect them to be higher when the Cubs are playing. And while I am sure they’d like to be 1st, I don’t see 3rd getting the partnership blown up.

The Cubs were playing for about half of this observation period (which is roughly 2 months), with a playoff run to boot.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:
Chicago:

Turning to afternoons, ESPN 1000 continued to receive a strong showing from Waddle & Silvy who finished 1st in the market with just under a 7 share between the hours of 2p-6p. The Score during those hours was tied for 3rd with a 5 share. Since though The Score’s afternoon show of Bernstein & Goff airs from 1p-6p I examined that window too. B&G remained in 3rd with a 5, where as 1000 lost a few tenth of their share but remained in 1st. Those hours for 1000 consist of 1-hour of C&J and 3 hours of W&S. Overall, a few more wins for The Score but a great story to share on both sides especially in a market as big and competitive as Chicago.
See, Rick?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:48 pm 

See what?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Don't fall for it, Frank.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The bold part of what I quoted.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:17 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Ok. I saw it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:17 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Jason literally interrupted Dan 4 times in the space of 10 seconds, while Dan attempted a read. This is this show now, in a nutshell.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
apparently they can't do drops due to technical issues? And it has been ongoing?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:22 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
City of Fools wrote:
apparently they can't do drops due to technical issues? And it has been ongoing?

Gay. WEIRD! Bad, bad, bad.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
that right there is a lie if I ever heard one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Goff uses the term “whatevs.” Time to out yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:10 am 

Jason makes up as many stories about his kid as Dan does for his own. I thought the kid was five years old the way Jason talks about him eating Italian beefs and having conversations about him. He later says the kid just turned 1.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
good dolphin wrote:
Jason makes up as many stories about his kid as Dan does for his own. I thought the kid was five years old the way Jason talks about him eating Italian beefs and having conversations about him. He later says the kid just turned 1.

He's going to get as fat as his old man.