It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2/8 Deadline Madness
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
does Brazen Liberalism come with a side baked potato? can I substitute for a soup?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
does Brazen Liberalism come with a side baked potato? can I substitute for a soup?

Yeah, but only Conservative Consommé.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:55 pm 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
basketball talk might not be the reason for decline audience, but if the continue to only talk about Lebron and Cleveland I bet there would be a decline

That definitely was part of the problem for me. Their basketball was too Lebron centric. There really wasn't any variance to what they were saying. Lebron James conqueror of the universe.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:01 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

I literally, literally, just said "of course they're not losing listeners solely due to national NBA talk". Like, literally. You even quoted the post where I said it.

Is this like that thing where you can't think that the brazen liberalism of ESPN's talent is hurting its ratings without people accusing you of saying that's the only reason they're suffering in the ratings?

You said they talk too much basketball for this market. If W&S talk more and have higher ratings how can you argue that B&G talk too much basketball?

If basketball is detrimental to their ratings then why isn't it detrimental for W&S?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:34 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
long time guy wrote:

If W&S talk more and have higher ratings how can you argue that B&G talk too much basketball?

If basketball is detrimental to their ratings then why isn't it detrimental for W&S?

This assumes a fact not in evidence: That W&S talk more national NBA than do B&G. Podcast descriptions do not paint any kind of accurate portrait of the amount or inanity of the basketball discussion of B&G, nor W&S, for that matter. Podcast descriptions are meant to be optimized for SEO, and it is clear W&S are looking for people searching out Chicago sports topics (what a novel idea!).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:07 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Mitch just stepped in and had a fairly animated conversation with Dan.
Uh oh. JLN and DAC getting their wish and Bernstein being fired?

At the 1 hour, 47 minute mark if you're interested. Whatever it was, Shep needed to be there, too.

https://www.facebook.com/670TheScore/vi ... =2&theater

Who knows, could have been a sponsor bitching about the specifics of a read. It didn't exactly look jovial, whatever the topic was.

I wish I was a fly on the wall to hear that discussion. Could be a whole bunch of issues they're chatting about.

Loved how Goff didn't want to be bothered by Mitch and was focused on his computer.

Maybe Mitch didn't like the Goff Kelce improv? "Rick Camp can't get through an update!" Yelled Dan. "The Score can't stop bringing back old people," yelled Goff. What "old guys," are the Score bringing back? Pappy? Muprh and Fred in the Mornings? J-Hood?

Did Julie file a compliment?

What does the new boss Jimmy D think of his new Afternoon drive show? "The bulls can't get Jimmy a jersey that fits!" Goff.

How long can this show last at it's current 1-6 spot?

On the topic of NBA, I caught the last segment with Parkins and Vincent. I really enjoyed it. Great back and forth between the two. Transition came around and I had to change the channel.

If B&G are losing to W&S, what can the EP do to help improve the show? Shep? Make it happen my friend.

We'll see how Mac and David sound tomorrow mid-day.

If it works well....

M&H 5-9
S&P 9-12
B&G 12-2
Mac&H 2-6

That's what I would do.

UPDATE: after checking out the events leading up to Mitch's arrival, I think it has to do with doing the Chicagoland Speedway paid interview at the top of the hour. Seemed that Dan was caught off guard leading up to it. Maybe Shep didn't remind him earlier, or they were WAY late for the break, who knows. Chicagoland pays big $ for those paid interviews, at a specific time. Maybe Mitch didn't like how it went down. Or, maybe he told the 3 that NO CARES ABOUT THE CAVS AND HOW THEY CAN FINALLY IMPLEMENT THE BALL-SCREEN.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:14 am 

Great show yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
long time guy wrote:

If W&S talk more and have higher ratings how can you argue that B&G talk too much basketball?

This assumes a fact not in evidence: That W&S talk more national NBA than do B&G. Podcast descriptions do not paint any kind of accurate portrait of the amount or inanity of the basketball discussion of B&G, nor W&S, for that matter. Podcast descriptions are meant to be optimized for SEO, and it is clear W&S are looking for people searching out Chicago sports topics (what a novel idea!).

Sounds like both of you are assuming things. Naughty naughty.