It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:21 am 
1000 CLUB

They're ambassadors. Fine. Whatever that means.

So he pays them to come to the games. He lets them sit in the most expensive seats in the stadium. They don't pay for the tickets, obviously. And they pound beers and get drunk

How does Reinsdorf benefit from this? Paying 2 guys to get drunk and sit in free seats that could be sold for 3k per game.

Good for Pippen and Grant. It's the greatest job in the world.

But I don't get it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:38 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
Reinsdorf is and always has been extremely loyal to former players of his. Loyal to a fault even. I don't think he does it to get something out of it, I believe he genuinely feels a sense of loyalty to people like Grant and Pippen who were employees under him.

Last edited by Powerhouse233 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:38 am 

What does this have to do with B&G

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:55 am 
1000 CLUB

Powerhouse233 wrote:
Reinsdorf is and always has been extremely loyal to former players of his. Loyal to a fault even. I don't he does it to get something out of it, I believe he genuinely feels a sense of loyalty to people like Grant and Pippen who were employees under him.

Being loyal is one thing. Paying two guys to sit in free 3k seats and get drunk is another thing. He was loyal to Randy Brown. But at least that guy is an assistant coach. So he's doing something for the Bulls.

What do Pippen and Grant do to help the Bulls? Nothing.

I don't care. Like I said, good for Pippen and Grant. I'd take that job as well. I'm just amused and amazed by it.

Every time I see Pippen he's got that paper cup under his chair and reaching for it for a sip. It's only paper because he wants people to think it's a Pepsi.

Just an observation.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:19 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Son, we live in a world that has tickets, and those tickets have to be sold by men with sneakers. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Fred Hoiberg? Jerry Reisndorf has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Matt Abbatacola and you curse Pippen. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Pippens alcoholism, while tragic, probably sells tickets. And Horace Grant's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, sells tickets! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about on message boards, you want Pippen courtside. You need Pippen courtside. We use words like "luxury tax", "Luvabulls", "T-shirt cannon". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent selling something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very Basketball that Jerry Reinsdorf provides, and then questions the manner in which he provides it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a foam finger, and stand for the anthem. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:16 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:29 am 

The guy took us to 6 championships. I think free tickets for life is a pretty minor gift.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:16 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Son, we live in a world that has tickets, and those tickets have to be sold by men with sneakers. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Fred Hoiberg? Jerry Reisndorf has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Matt Abbatacola and you curse Pippen. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Pippens alcoholism, while tragic, probably sells tickets. And Horace Grant's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, sells tickets! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about on message boards, you want Pippen courtside. You need Pippen courtside. We use words like "luxury tax", "Luvabulls", "T-shirt cannon". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent selling something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very Basketball that Jerry Reinsdorf provides, and then questions the manner in which he provides it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a foam finger, and stand for the anthem. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

:lol: well done

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:30 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Horace Grant’s incomprehensible existence keeps cracking me up. :lol:

I think for a fee those guys will show up in a suite at halftime. That’s why they are there. It’s how I met Butterbean Bob Love.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Yeah, it is all about corporate events. Before the game, and halftime. After that, or if there is no event that night, Scotty can get as blotto as he'd like.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
For a fee they go to a suite. :shock:

Jerry is pimping them?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
While they clearly haven’t been a destination for the top free agents it is still better to have well known former players singing an organization’s praises rather than bashing them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
beni hanna wrote:
For a fee they go to a suite. :shock:

Jerry is pimping them?

For an extra two grand, he will throw in Otis Wilson.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Nobody else is using those seats.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

That's my point.

Not only does Jerry give him those expensive seats for free, he also pays them to come to the game. Fine. He schmoozes with rich people in the suits before the game and at half time. But those rich people are gonna go to the game anyway. And is it really cool to have the rich people see a drunk Scottie Pippen talk to their kid?

Jerry: Ready to go to work today, Scottie?

Scottie: Yep. I've already had 3 beers and we're an hour from tip off.

Jerry: That's great, Scottie. You're a great ambassador.

Scottie: Can we get that wheel chair kid meeting out of the way now? There is a hooker in the lower level that I want to meet. I'm gonna tell her she can have Horace's seat since he couldn't make it today.

Jerry: Absolutely, Scottie. You're the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Why do you care one iota?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:08 am 

It's an attempt to have an LA type star gazing audience making the event seem cool.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's an attempt to have an LA type star gazing audience making the event seem cool.

RIP Gene Siskel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
What does this have to do with B&G
CONTENT!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.