All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
What a bizarre rant on college basketball. Virginia has a boring but effective strategy. If you want to judge college basketball there are plenty of teams out there that play a much more pleasing brand of basketball.

What was the rant?

Isn’t Virginia essentially a more extreme college version of the Utah Jazz? Seems like a bad route of attack for an nba fan to use.

Well, Goff accidentally found out that Virginia was playing because they have the same name as the Cavaliers. So he randomly watched them, and it certainly wasn't so he could have the HOT TAKE of the most annoying team in college basketball in terms of play style could be his example that extends to the whole game.

The game was low scoring, and on turnovers, Virginia didn't run and instead slowed it down. Therefore, college basketball is horrible because they are #1 and you should watch the NBA instead.

He then said something about how NBA teams can give up 110 points in a game and still play great defense but that's because their opponent is shooting every 10 seconds.

Wow.

That's horrendously stupid.

There have been at least three pretty horrible takes this week. The Johnny Football, that one, and the Hawks trolling have all been bad and uninteresting.

Besides when they are talking Bears or appreciating Theo and Hahn the motto of the show is: If you don't like the NBA then you are a dope and this show isn't for you.

Don't get me wrong either. I don't care if people think college basketball sucks. It's not for everyone. Just don't invent bad takes about it and expect yo have a show that lasts 15 years.

Yeah, independent of B&G this hardly seems a sound strategy to maximize ratings and demo numbers.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:09 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Well, Goff accidentally found out that Virginia was playing because they have the same name as the Cavaliers.

And now, it's time for "It's On," the segment where we tell you what to watch on TV, starring a guy who reads the channel listings and can't tell the difference between Virginia-UMiami and Cavs-Heat!

Quote:
He then said something about how NBA teams can give up 110 points in a game and still play great defense but that's because their opponent is shooting every 10 seconds.

What? Shouldn't great defense at the very least hold a team under 100?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:16 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
And now, it's time for "It's On," the segment where we tell you what to watch on TV, starring a guy who reads the channel listings and can't tell the difference between Virginia-UMiami and Cavs-Heat!
:lol:
Curious Hair wrote:
What? Shouldn't great defense at the very least hold a team under 100?
Points per possession!

Because you know, a team can bring up the ball, get the ball to a position to take a quality shot, and score all within 10 seconds and it can still be great defense and then give up the same thing all game and it is still great defense!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:09 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jason Goff wrote:
Let's see what's on. Hmm, Band of Brothers. Finally, someone is telling Wu-Tang's story. (ten seconds pass) WHAT THE FUCK