It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:34 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Frankly the best and worst I heard was at Soldier Field, .

We! Want! More-Head!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Curious Hair wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Hockey is the backwater of sportfandom in America. Not surprised by your ugly experiences.

Nice of you to take a break from posting "why doesn't my dick work" to Yahoo Answers to share this thought.

:lol: :lol:

Fucking ethered

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:50 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Of course the basketball chant is racist. I just don't see it as being as vile as the wildebeest commentary. If I remember correctly it started as a juxtaposition of Del Donne- blonde and willowy- against the so-called "wildebeests". If you're going to bat for bernstein by suggesting that the conversation wasn't informed completely by racist ideas of beauty, I'm going to disagree.

We have moved the goalposts so many times that I dont know if anyone even professes to know the difference anymore but to me those were bigoted comments within the context of situation where people often taunt an opposing player. To me, racism has always separated the natural bigotry we all have, from actions. Had those guys somehow forced that man to play basketball then they are racist and it would be a racist act.

Or Im just totally wrong. But I do take issue with how that word is used so much, and how.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:23 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't have an issue with an indefinite ban on the idiots or keeping headdresses and other Native dress out of the fanbase. Those are the responsible things to do. Doxxing them and lobbying to make sure they're never gainfully employed again is a reach unless you're offering them a basic income to live on now that they'll never work again, and getting the idea that the Indian Head and the name "Chicago Blackhawks" have to go because some drunk idiots did a racism to a black guy is nothing but a performance for a small crowd online.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
The overreaction to this story from the SJW media is becoming legendary. Personally, kicking them out of the game would have been enough of a penalty for me. Ban 'em for a year.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
DAC wrote:
The overreaction to this story from the SJW media is becoming legendary. Personally, kicking them out of the game would have been enough of a penalty for me. Ban 'em for a year.

Give them money, people. --Rosenbloom

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9