It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:59 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Regular Reader wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
What do you mean questions?

I've never heard anybody say anything along these lines but I don't go to a ton of games. Of course I'm usually in the steerage section with regular people.

Sitting in 100 level seats and getting questioned about whose tickets I had (or didn't).

Or in the old days with 300 level tix and being asked if we were really hockey fans thru the first period.

Hockey is the backwater of sportfandom in America. Not surprised by your ugly experiences.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Wow. That doesn't occur to me.

Were you a hockey fan?

Been one since the days of Tony O.

Until the newish Hawk fans demanded a weird purity test.

Last edited by Regular Reader on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
HawaiiYou wrote:

Hockey is the backwater of sportfandom in America. Not surprised by your ugly experiences.

That's a sad thought. I don't know if it's true or not.

It's an expensive sport to play but everything else seems to be catching up to it.

edit for quote

Last edited by Spaulding on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:11 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Were you a hockey fan?

My last post was to Hawaii You.

You never talk much about hockey. I've watched for 10 ish years and my dad was a fan when I was young. He stopped watching at some point. I still feel like an outsider.

Who's your all time fav hockey and hawks player? Do any of your sons like it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:40 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Spaulding wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Were you a hockey fan?

My last post was to Hawaii You.

You never talk much about hockey. I've watched for 10 ish years and my dad was a fan when I was young. He stopped watching at some point. I still feel like an outsider.

Who's your all time fav hockey and hawks player? Do any of your sons like it?

I watched it when I was younger when they were on WGN but once they went off tv for nearly 2 decades I really didn't watch anymore. I wasn't ever a big fan. Fav player was probably Savard. If the hawks were good I'd watch, if they sucked I didnt care. Seems like that may still be the case.

The last 10 years of hawks teams has produced better fans imo, meaning not as ignorant. But there are some hardcore fans that fit that old school Chicago hokey fan mode which is not something to be proud of.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:10 am 

What island are you on?...ending my sentence with a preposition, dgaf.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:52 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
HawaiiYou wrote:

Nice of you to take a break from posting "why doesn't my dick work" to Yahoo Answers to share this thought.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:12 am 

Oh, if anyone was wondering what the realest badass to come out of Francis Parker thought,

https://faxesfromuncledale.com/this-roa ... ink-hawks/

Quote:
If I could lend one quibble, it would be to release their names publicly, and give the other four teams in town the option of banning them from their games as well. This kind of ugliness should result at least in public shaming and in reality, loss of job and a few other things. You may say it’s thought police, but there are few companies and agencies and whatever else that wants to be associated with that kind of prejudice and hatred. And that’s what it is.

What are the "few other things" beyond making these people unemployable for life? (Or is this the Julie DiCaro deal (probably) where you get banned from all the good white-collar jobs but Sam Fels will still allow you to dig graves or wipe asses for minimum wage?) Prison time? Reeducation camp? Rick Telander editorials?

Quote:
Of course, what the Hawks are really terrified of is the backlash from the unwashed section of their fanbase. And for a team that’s already seeing empty seats pop up at their games, they’re probably petrified of more. But what we know is that those fans aren’t really going anywhere and will be the first to buy the new jerseys and two, they’re probably the types to spout racist shit and are the exact type of people you just said won’t be tolerated in the arena.

Who should the Hawks cater to: a small group of the "unwashed" who have had tickets since the Chicago Stadium days, or a small group of Twitter brats who complain that there's not enough Run the Jewels playing during stoppages? Guess what: NEITHER GROUP is going anywhere; as much as Sam shits on the Blackhawks in order to curry favor with tattooed girls who claim they have cartilage disorders that make it hurt to lie in bed, he's still stuck to this team and still makes money writing books and newsletters about the Blackhawks. If the team disgusts him as much as he pretends it does, he wouldn't do those things, but he does, he just wants to look good on a social media platform for black teens and sociopathic nerds.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
It is ironic that Fels makes his living on the back of the evil Hawks' empire. I am surprised though as always that he is able to make a living at all.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:51 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Quote:
This kind of ugliness should result at least in public shaming and in reality, loss of job and a few other things. You may say it’s thought police, but there are few companies and agencies and whatever else that wants to be associated with that kind of prejudice and hatred. And that’s what it is.

You might say it's the thought police? Well what else could you call it? This is a hard right authoritarian stance cloaked in fuzzy modern liberalism.

And when all the people that spout words Sam doesn't like are unemployable, what effect does that have on society? And what if the person in question uses words Donald Trump doesn't like? I guess maybe Sam didn't think things all the way through.

This is somewhat related, but I don't even think background checks for employment should be legal. Here is a person applying for a job who isn't currently in prison. That's all you need to know about his background beyond his skills for the job.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:59 am 

It's such a shitlib argument: it combines the worst of neo-Puritanism and devotion to market economics. "Fellas, I'm not saying they should be put to death for teasing a black guy, I'm just saying that corporations have a responsibility to their shareholders to pragmatically reach a consensus never to employ them!" It's a good thing Sam started charging for his blog; he owes Dan Bernstein years' worth of royalty checks.

Sidebar: how bitchmade do you have to be to let Twitter nerds bully you into thinking "The Committed Indian" is pure hateful racism and not a funny play on a Denis Savard line?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:07 am 

In my opinion, people that demand actions like this forget where there are in the larger picture of time. They are the villagers going after the Frankenstein monster or the people screaming witch in New England.

Their position that their somewhat popular notion in this meaningless small snapshot in the vast reality of time is everything and must be is so messed up. At some time everything will change (it has to based on the past) and the systems you sought to tear down will no longer be there to save you from that if necessary.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Oh, if anyone was wondering what the realest badass to come out of Francis Parker thought,

https://faxesfromuncledale.com/this-roa ... ink-hawks/

Quote:
If I could lend one quibble, it would be to release their names publicly, and give the other four teams in town the option of banning them from their games as well. This kind of ugliness should result at least in public shaming and in reality, loss of job and a few other things. You may say it’s thought police, but there are few companies and agencies and whatever else that wants to be associated with that kind of prejudice and hatred. And that’s what it is.

What are the "few other things" beyond making these people unemployable for life? (Or is this the Julie DiCaro deal (probably) where you get banned from all the good white-collar jobs but Sam Fels will still allow you to dig graves or wipe asses for minimum wage?) Prison time? Reeducation camp? Rick Telander editorials?

Quote:
Of course, what the Hawks are really terrified of is the backlash from the unwashed section of their fanbase. And for a team that’s already seeing empty seats pop up at their games, they’re probably petrified of more. But what we know is that those fans aren’t really going anywhere and will be the first to buy the new jerseys and two, they’re probably the types to spout racist shit and are the exact type of people you just said won’t be tolerated in the arena.

Who should the Hawks cater to: a small group of the "unwashed" who have had tickets since the Chicago Stadium days, or a small group of Twitter brats who complain that there's not enough Run the Jewels playing during stoppages? Guess what: NEITHER GROUP is going anywhere; as much as Sam shits on the Blackhawks in order to curry favor with tattooed girls who claim they have cartilage disorders that make it hurt to lie in bed, he's still stuck to this team and still makes money writing books and newsletters about the Blackhawks. If the team disgusts him as much as he pretends it does, he wouldn't do those things, but he does, he just wants to look good on a social media platform for black teens and sociopathic nerds.

:lol: :lol: :lol: No one turns a phrase like our dear CH.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:28 am 

pittmike wrote:
In my opinion, people that demand actions like this forget where there are in the larger picture of time. They are the villagers going after the Frankenstein monster or the people screaming witch in New England.

Their position that their somewhat popular notion in this meaningless small snapshot in the vast reality of time is everything and must be is so messed up. At some time everything will change (it has to based on the past) and the systems you sought to tear down will no longer be there to save you from that if necessary.

I don't know about all that, but what I will put forth is this weird idea Sam's peddling that the Blackhawks are a uniquely evil sports organization. The sad truth is that they're probably somewhere in the middle if not a pretty good one. For the most part, you give them money and they give you entertainment, the money you put in goes into the roster's payroll, and along the way they won three championships. They haven't threatened to move if they don't get sizable taxpayer bailouts like the Coyotes, Panthers, and Blue Jackets. They haven't been at the forefront of lockouts like the Bruins. They manage the Indian Head controversy about as diplomatically as any sports team can. Their charitable arm appears to be quite generous and even was under Bill. They were vindicated in not unpersoning Patrick Kane. I don't know what you can ask of them that they haven't done, other than be an NBA team, because nothing makes woke Twitter kids hit their knees and get to sucking like the NBA. There are some bad, bad actors among NHL ownership. Previous owners have gone to prison and some current owners should. But our friendly neighborhood liquor baron is really just sort of a boring rich guy with a cool toy who acts pretty much as you'd expect a boring rich guy with a cool toy to act.

I'm sure it feels good and journalisty to rail against an evil institution, but I don't think the Blackhawks are that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:00 am 

tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
tommy wrote:
The most egregious thing here is that two upper-middle-class journalists (who have said more offensive things in public) want these four men to lose their livelihoods--and are using their own livelihoods to try to make this happen.

Don't act like that in public if your job would fire you for it.

Ah, the BRick-bot.

First of all, any employer when under public pressure might fire you for this. They're building artificial pressure.

Second of all, if insulting people is a fireable offense, especially in a world where the Internet never lets you forget, then we're all screwed. Welcome, mein informers!!

Well don't get banned from a pro stadium then. It's pretty easy to avoid that.

It's like your arguments intentionally get worse every day. The bot is set to trollin'.

Cool story.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:06 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
It must be BRick's turn. MANY of the recent criticisms of his posts have at best been extremely nitpicky.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:14 am 

Fells has been on out of step dork since the days he was Young Sam making out of step dork calls to the Score. It was pretty apparent what he would grow to be back in those days. Actually he is the less successful version of what you would have expected him to be as an adult.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
HawaiiYou wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
What do you mean questions?

I've never heard anybody say anything along these lines but I don't go to a ton of games. Of course I'm usually in the steerage section with regular people.

Sitting in 100 level seats and getting questioned about whose tickets I had (or didn't).

Or in the old days with 300 level tix and being asked if we were really hockey fans thru the first period.

Come again?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:36 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Fells has been on out of step dork since the days he was Young Sam making out of step dork calls to the Score. It was pretty apparent what he would grow to be back in those days. Actually he is the less successful version of what you would have expected him to be as an adult.

Yeah back then he was already smarmy with his supposed hot takes. Wasn't his in that he had an older brother in the business or at least an inside track original scorehead?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:41 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
It's such a shitlib argument: it combines the worst of neo-Puritanism and devotion to market economics.

Such a strange pairing. Not sure what dance these two met at, but they're a solid pair right now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:43 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I don't know about all that, but what I will put forth is this weird idea Sam's peddling that the Blackhawks are a uniquely evil sports organization. The sad truth is that they're probably somewhere in the middle if not a pretty good one. For the most part, you give them money and they give you entertainment, the money you put in goes into the roster's payroll, and along the way they won three championships. They haven't threatened to move if they don't get sizable taxpayer bailouts like the Coyotes, Panthers, and Blue Jackets. They haven't been at the forefront of lockouts like the Bruins. They manage the Indian Head controversy about as diplomatically as any sports team can. Their charitable arm appears to be quite generous and even was under Bill. They were vindicated in not unpersoning Patrick Kane. I don't know what you can ask of them that they haven't done, other than be an NBA team, because nothing makes woke Twitter kids hit their knees and get to sucking like the NBA. There are some bad, bad actors among NHL ownership. Previous owners have gone to prison and some current owners should. But our friendly neighborhood liquor baron is really just sort of a boring rich guy with a cool toy who acts pretty much as you'd expect a boring rich guy with a cool toy to act.

I'm sure it feels good and journalisty to rail against an evil institution, but I don't think the Blackhawks are that.

This is what being on a linguistic roll looks like.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:46 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
tommy wrote:
The most egregious thing here is that two upper-middle-class journalists (who have said more offensive things in public) want these four men to lose their livelihoods--and are using their own livelihoods to try to make this happen.

Don't act like that in public if your job would fire you for it.

Ah, the BRick-bot.

First of all, any employer when under public pressure might fire you for this. They're building artificial pressure.

Second of all, if insulting people is a fireable offense, especially in a world where the Internet never lets you forget, then we're all screwed. Welcome, mein informers!!

Well don't get banned from a pro stadium then. It's pretty easy to avoid that.

It's like your arguments intentionally get worse every day. The bot is set to trollin'.

Cool story.

Ha! You know it's true, BRick. Otherwise, you'd present some irrelevant pseudo-intellectual argument.

In fairness, that's only about one-quarter of your posts--the others are thought-provoking, whether I agree with them or not--but the troll posts are . . . pretty awful.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:57 am 

I meant that post. You have to be incredibly stupid to get banned from a pro stadium.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:01 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I meant that post.

:lol:

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You have to be incredibly stupid to get banned from a pro stadium.

Yeah, that point is slightly different and hard to disagree with.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
tommy picking up the mantle this morning. Good work tommy. Many appreciate it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:15 am 

tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I meant that post.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You have to be incredibly stupid to get banned from a pro stadium.

Yeah, that point is slightly different and hard to disagree with.

It's not different at all. How you behave in public can have repercussions in your normal life.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:20 am 
I didn't read Dan's article and didn't listen yesterday, but here's the part where I wish we still had Thursday afternoons at 5:00. You know darn well Dan was one of the people who wrote to Quad City Pat's bosses going "he's such a nice guy" after they discovered Pat had flooded the Twitterverse with racism and threats for years. Now these guys who chanted "basketball" need to be outed to the entire nation? Dan who you crappin!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:27 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
tommy picking up the mantle this morning. Good work tommy. Many appreciate it.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
This is somewhat related, but I don't even think background checks for employment should be legal. Here is a person applying for a job who isn't currently in prison. That's all you need to know about his background beyond his skills for the job.

there is financial risk in employing someone. Their background check helps assess that risk and help the employer make an informed decision. I'll respectfully disagree here. Your other points regarding doxxing the big "racists"....I agree.

CH....very well said regarding the Blackhawks as an organization.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:34 am 

Yeah CH was dead on with the Hawks. So what is Bernsie's game? His kid plays and loves hockey. His wife and I assume he goes to games. I guess he just like to troll white people then get them fired.

-Ronald Reagan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next