It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I have not listened to these 2 nor I plan to any time soon but the score is so terrible because of crap like this.

I remember a thread about programming changes. Guess nothing happened?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
badrogue17 wrote:
From Senor’s keyboard to your eyes .

e) I’m not the first to call for this, but I’m here to support the idea.

My colleague Steve Rosenbloom of 670 The Score and the Chicago Tribune on Monday requested that we learn the names of the four cretins who taunted Capitals forward Devante Smith-Pelly with racist invective Saturday, leading to their ejection from the United Center.

As Smith-Pelly sat in the penalty box, these pieces of human waste nearby shouted “Basketball, basketball, basketball” at him, in no uncertain reference to the fact that he’s black. He confronted them immediately, and they were identified and summarily tossed.

It’s not enough, for multiple reasons.

First is that they don’t deserve the chance to hide behind their behavior as fans to protect them from consequences in their everyday lives. People around them in any capacity — work, schools or anywhere else their paths may cross — should know that each one of these people chose to taunt a man because of the color of his skin and be better informed to decide on further interaction with them accordingly.

Second, we know of many more who did so much less. Rosenbloom is right to note that Steve Bartman was named and shamed brutally soon after he merely tried to catch a foul pop, but we also know Johnny Macchione as the clown in the Wrigley Field bleachers who poured a beer on the Phillies’ Shane Victorino in 2009 and the Skutnik brothers who ran on the field at U.S. Cellular Field in 2003. The names of William Ligue and Eric Dybas are in public record due to criminal charges for their own, more serious incidents on the South Side as well. This act Saturday may not have risen to criminal charges, but it’s ugly enough to merit the same kind of exposure.

Lastly, it’s not fair to Blackhawks fans as a group or hockey fans in general as another to leave these pigs anonymous. Even after the official proclamations of contempt were issued from both the team and the NHL, the association with this disgusting incident will continue to tarnish larger reputations and brands despite the immediate damage control and whatever more is certain to come. Naming them would isolate them, mitigating the stain on others created by the image of them on television in the high-priced seats in their Hawks sweaters.

Enough time has passed for word to have filtered through. We can know who these people are, so bring it.

Let all the other sports teams ban them for life too, and any other organization, place or person among us that would rather not deal with such proudly outspoken racists.

This is so unbelievably predictable that it is satisfying in a variety of ways.

The cultural wedge deepens.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
What is more racist: a) chanting "basketball", or b) calling WNBA players wildebeests?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Beardown wrote:
So Rizzo needs to do more? More for gun control according to B&G.

What the hell do B&G do for gun control?

They go to candle parties and such and take a public stand against guns. The are willing to lose friends over it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:24 pm 

Franky T wrote:
What is more racist: a) chanting "basketball", or b) calling WNBA players wildebeests?

I had forgotten about that....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:35 pm 

Franky T wrote:

A.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

B&G could have marched in Chicago this Saturday. They had a gun control march.

I didn't march. But I also don't tell people what they should do like they did with Rizzo.

They love to grand stand on the air. They love to preach. But they do nothing about these issues of which they preach once they are off the air.

Did Bernstein march in the women's march? No. I remember him saying his wife and daughter did and he took the boy to the movies. That's a show of support. Could have went as a family. But Dan would have just stared at boobs during the march. The wife new that would have been bad optics for their daughter.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:48 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:

A.

How so?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:51 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:

A.

How so?

It wasn't at a specific race. It was about all WNBA players.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:55 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:

A.

How so?

Yeah, he was probably referring to all those wildebeests from places other than Africa.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:

A.

How so?

Calling WNBA players wildebeests is both racist and sexist. So Bernstein killed two birds with one stone with that hate speech.

Terry also suggested that a WNBA player had a wang. Bernstein laughed. Goff was silent. And Goff said today that silence makes you complicit in racism and sexism. Goff was awful silent for a lot of years with B&B.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Every long-winded speech that Goff gives on how people should be, Goff has violated his own suggestions in his past.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:

A.

How so?

Aren't WNBA players mostly black? Isn't saying something derogatory about a group comprised largely of a single subgroup de facto prejudice?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

By your theory, because there are white basketball players, these 4 at the Blackhawks game weren't racist by chanting "basketball".

Dan is a racist. Always has been. Always will be. He's said plenty of racist things in the past.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein is a guy that will say something racist. Then take a call from a guy with a Chicago accent that says something racist. And Bernstein bashes the guy for being a racist.

Like I've always said, Bernstein hates uneducated racist. He's OK with the elite privileged racists like himself. He's entitled to be racist where the plumber from Bridgeport isn't. That's how he thinks.

And he's got Goff that loves him. Which helps him. And Goff is a racist as well.

So this show is pretty much two racists fighting racism. It's the weirdest thing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:40 pm 

Jason Goff wrote:
Nope, Tommy Waddle down the dial and those guys are the ones fighting racism.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:46 pm 

Beardown wrote:
By your theory, because there are white basketball players, these 4 at the Blackhawks game weren't racist by chanting "basketball".

Dan is a racist. Always has been. Always will be. He's said plenty of racist things in the past.

It was a chant at a specific person.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:50 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:

A.

How so?

Aren't WNBA players mostly black? Isn't saying something derogatory about a group comprised largely of a single subgroup de facto prejudice?

Maybe but a chant at a specific person who is a minority highlighting he is a minority and should go play the sport for that race is more racist and that was the question.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:56 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:

A.

How so?

Maybe but a chant at a specific person who is a minority highlighting he is a minority and should go play the sport for that race is more racist and that was the question.

I think referring to a group of people largely comprised of black individuals as an animal that only resides in Africa is a whole metric fuckton more racist than chanting basketball, but whatever I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:59 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:

A.

How so?

Probably difficult (or not worth it) to determine which is more racist, though BRick is right to say that the situations are different. I think the intent behind both was to denigrate based on race, though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:00 pm 

I think referring to a group of people largely comprised of black individuals as an animal that only resides in Africa is a whole metric fuckton more racist than chanting basketball, but whatever I guess.

Saving this post for future discussions with you about Trump.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I thought Bernsie target one or two specific WNBA women?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:03 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yay I win!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:

There was one college girl that B&B attacked. Before she got into the WNBA. Black girl. Close to 7 feet I think. I forget her name. Terry said he thinks she has a wang. I think that's the girl they called a wildebeest. Might have been other WNBA girls as well.

Anyway, proof that both Boers and Bernstein were racist. No different than what the racist 4 did at the Hawks game. And Goff was silent when this was taking place. And today Goff said you can't be silent when stuff like this happens. Or else you're part of the problem.

Last edited by Beardown on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Beardown wrote:
pittmike wrote:

There was one college girl that B&B attacked. Before she got into the WNBA. Black girl. Close to 7 feet I think. I forget her name. Terry said he thinks she has a wang.

Dude, he wanted to breed her.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Beardown wrote:
pittmike wrote:

There was one college girl that B&B attacked. Before she got into the WNBA. Black girl. Close to 7 feet I think. I forget her name. Terry said he thinks she has a wang. I think that's the girl they called a wildebeest. Might have been other WNBA girls as well.

Anyway, proof that both Boers and Bernstein were racist. No different than what the racist 4 did at the Hawks game. And Goff was silent when this was taking place. And today Goff said you can't be silent when stuff like this happens. Or else you're part of the problem.

Brittney Grinder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He's right though.

Basketball is much less offensive than Wildebeest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Ok, so which one of you internet heroes is calling in to BnG tomorrow to point out the wildebeest contradiction?

I'll hang up and wait for a response.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:28 pm 

312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He's right though.

Basketball is much less offensive than Wildebeest

You have to take multiple leaps to get there that an African animal was chosen on purpose and that it was only about a subsection of the WNBA when neither seems to be sustainable. It was mysogynstic for sure but telling a black man to leave the white sport for the black one is much more direct.

The 'Never draft a white guy' angle is better but no one is crying for white people and racism against them these days.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jbi11s wrote:
Ok, so which one of you internet heroes is calling in to BnG tomorrow to point out the wildebeest contradiction?

I'll hang up and wait for a response.

It would never get on the air. If it did, Bernstein would deny it, bully the caller and call him a racist. Goff remembers it. But he would also deny remembering it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next