It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:55 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Db is a master at manipulating callers. Even if caller had a valid point, db goes on attack trying to take back control by asking the caller a question over and over again until he uses mute button to ask questions... Then caller is so far off his game unprepared for the question, it's over then

Dave Bautista?

Douchebag.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
long time guy wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Db is a master at manipulating callers. Even if caller had a valid point, db goes on attack trying to take back control by asking the caller a question over and over again until he uses mute button to ask questions... Then caller is so far off his game unprepared for the question, it's over then

Dave Bautista?

Douchebag.

No, I've heard mostly good things about him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Racism is racism and either it's bad or it's not.

Yeah, this is going to be a fun one when my daughter is born.

Hopefully she follows the trend and cares/judges on race even less than all of her predecessors. And I have faith in that

Exactly. It seems like less and less of an issue with kids. At least in second grade.

I've noticed with my own kids that it gets thorny near high school.....slightly different from my upbringing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:09 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
312player wrote:
If 4 black people were telling Doug Mcdermott " hockey" I'd think it was equally dumb..but nowhere near perma banning somebody. The hypersensitivity is out of control.

Hypersensitivity is out of control, but racism towards the historically oppressed is different than racism against the people perpetually on top.

So are we all equal or aren't we? You seem to be arguing that some people are more worthy of protection from bad things than others.

I can't with you lawyer boy. My dick doesn't swell at the thought of semantic arguments.

:lol: You literally just tried to draw a distinction between racism being different when one race is the victim versus another, but now you "just can't" argue semantics. Pick a lane.

My lust for more than a few responses in any thread not involving gifs is very low.

My lane is racism towards white people shouldnt trigger as MANY caucasians as it does.

We've all been rendered so sensitive. Might be an inevitable growing pain of a racially-stratified society becoming less so (which it is, without a doubt--the argument is a) how much and b) how much of that is mixed in with class, blah blah blah). Pain the ass, though--makes it hard to discuss a single thing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Could Chappelle's Show survive this social climate?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:12 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Could Chappelle's Show survive this social climate?

This climate might start producing Chappelles all over the place.....people reacting to the same thing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
670 is full of it. Hub Arkush is notorious for:

"...and you know, I gotta say guys, real quickly because we're behind the hour and have to get to an update, but when I had the opportunity to speak with <ENTER BLACK ATHLETE NAME> i'm telling ya, I was amazed at how quiet, well-spoken, and just...a good head on his shoulders...now now now now, I'm not saying I expected any different, but, wow. what a great young man he is.''

ugh.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:31 pm 

I don't think they should be permanently banned. Remove them from particular game for the heckling but removing them permanently is too harsh of a punishment.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
long time guy wrote:
I don't think they should be permanently banned. Remove them from particular game for the heckling but removing them permanently is too harsh of a punishment.

Shut up, whitey.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
long time guy wrote:

twitterverse only accepts extreme responses to situations like this.... anything less is unacceptable

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Maybe but a chant at a specific person who is a minority highlighting he is a minority and should go play the sport for that race is more racist and that was the question.

I think referring to a group of people largely comprised of black individuals as an animal that only resides in Africa is a whole metric fuckton more racist than chanting basketball, but whatever I guess.

Says the guy that posted a picture of an ape in response to a black guy and refused to apologize.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:48 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Maybe but a chant at a specific person who is a minority highlighting he is a minority and should go play the sport for that race is more racist and that was the question.

I think referring to a group of people largely comprised of black individuals as an animal that only resides in Africa is a whole metric fuckton more racist than chanting basketball, but whatever I guess.

Says the guy that posted a picture of an ape in response to a black guy and refused to apologize.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:22 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
long time guy wrote:

Exactly..it was a dumb joke that these clowns thought was clever at the time.. Huge over reaction by the hawks and many people.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Wow, a straw man into a false equivalency. That's a bold strategy, [guy's name I won't say because you might get offended unreasonably despite it being said completely innocuously].

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:22 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Wow, a straw man into a false equivalency. That's a bold strategy, [guy's name I won't say because you might get offended unreasonably despite it being said completely innocuously].

Don't throw stones in your glass house.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
There are a couple of blanks I would like someone to fill in for me if they could.

While I do not excuse the fan's behavior or do I think the hockey player's reaction was unwarranted what were any aggravating factors. One that I assume is the fans were probably drinking which does not excuse it. What was the penalty the player committed? I ask that because I wonder if said drunk fans were overly angered because it was egregious. Going after a player like that in a penalty box is not unheard of but is usually reserved for a player after a terrible stick penalty, bad hit or fight.

Once again, not making an excuse but just wondering if anyone knows more about the entire matter.

Lastly, someone earlier in the thread wondered about white basketball players. Has anyone that has sat in the lower seats at NBA games heard things on the margins shouted at the Hinrichs or Lambiers of the world?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:45 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Penalty was for fighting, as I recall.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:28 am 

312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:
I'm sure im on an island here, I don't see the big deal with basketball.. It's a home crowd ball busting an opposing player.

What were they busting him for?

Telling a black guy to try basketball instead..Im assuming.

What's next? Chanting at bartolo colon to eat a salad get ya banned?

Why were they telling him to try basketball?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Of course the basketball chant is racist. I just don't see it as being as vile as the wildebeest commentary. If I remember correctly it started as a juxtaposition of Del Donne- blonde and willowy- against the so-called "wildebeests". If you're going to bat for bernstein by suggesting that the conversation wasn't informed completely by racist ideas of beauty, I'm going to disagree.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Of course the basketball chant is racist. I just don't see it as being as vile as the wildebeest commentary. If I remember correctly it started as a juxtaposition of Del Donne- blonde and willowy- against the so-called "wildebeests". If you're going to bat for bernstein by suggesting that the conversation wasn't informed completely by racist ideas of beauty, I'm going to disagree.

You are correct, that is how Bernstein framed the "wildebeest" comment.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:55 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:
I'm sure im on an island here, I don't see the big deal with basketball.. It's a home crowd ball busting an opposing player.

Idk? According to his stats he isn't much of a hockey player. I can't emphasize enough how much this or any person does not deserve racist treatment though.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

Idk? According to his stats he isn't much of a hockey player. I can't emphasize enough how much this or any person does not deserve racist treatment though.

:lol: No one deserves racist treatment. It wasn't that racist.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:04 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
pittmike wrote:

:lol: No one deserves racist treatment. It wasn't that racist.

Yeah :lol:

All I know is hockey fans can be dumb and weird. I am only guessing at circumstances but if 4 guys just came into 4 primo seats near the the penalty box then got all drinky prior this wouldn't surprise me. Blackhawk enemies especially just checker/fighter goofs get a lot of hell.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:04 am 
100000 CLUB

It’s so easy for MANY to call someone racist simply because they don't like them. MANY of the same people scream bloody murder if someone suggests that they're a bigot or racist for saying or posting something similar.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:08 am 

Nas wrote:
It’s so easy for MANY to call someone racist simply because they don't like them. MANY of the same people scream bloody murder if someone suggests that they're a bigot or racist for saying or posting something similar.

I don't follow. These guys are clearly racist. If you do not have thoughts like that in your heart and mind they do not accidentally come out when you are drunk or angry. My interest in this simply is I would not assume the season ticket holders buying the entire season at $250-500 per game are these people.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I’ll bet the majority of Blackhawks fans who obviously agree with the chant are the same ones spreading pernicious myths that the jooish owner of the White Sox and Bulls is cheap.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:24 am 

Rick and I just stopped caring about hockey and now you want us to care about hockey again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:24 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

If you're that dense you can't see the difference between the two, then I hope indeed that you're on an island.

The call for them to lose their livelihoods and to be doxxed and that kind of ignorant shit doesn't change the fact that those cowards were chanting 'basketball' at the guy because, in most places anyway, it's still frowned upon to just yell 'n!gger got no business playin' hockey'.

I've seen you post dozens of more offensive things..granted you are joking..Im sure the 4 fans were joking as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:25 am 

pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't follow. These guys are clearly racist. If you do not have thoughts like that in your heart and mind they do not accidentally come out when you are drunk or angry. My interest in this simply is I would not assume the season ticket holders buying the entire season at $250-500 per game are these people.

Lol whoa... You ever say the N word?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:33 am 

312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:

Lol whoa... You ever say the N word?

In my life?

-Ronald Reagan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next