It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:23 pm 

tommy wrote:
I don't think they know that many downstate towns have significant Latino populations. It's odd because Dan accuses downstaters of living in a previous century, yet his own knowledge of non-suburban or non-gentrified cities seems to be taken from a previous century.

It's also a terrible political strategy. Until the world truly resembles either Idiocracy, or some 'utopian' sci-fi movie where the truly free people have taken to the sewers to escape a life where nobody curses and everyone wears the same white robe and a shaved head in the name of perfect irony, the people in this country will always identify with the working class that modern liberals no longer fundamentally identify with. And the fact that the Democrats have no idea how Latino's specifically choose to identify, is particularly amazing to watch. Trump will drive some of them left, but not for long.

I keep thinking back to this documentary I saw of a Los Angeles canvasser who took continual abuse from fellow legal Latinos and Hispanics immigrants for trying to get their signatures on some initiative to support illegal immigrants. It was spectacular to watch an immigrant Latino contractor get out of his work truck after a long day of work and absolutely destroy that woman for wanting to encourage illegal immigration. He went through the absurdly long process to immigrate legally and he had the basic skills to be accepted. There are far many more of those guys than the people who want open borders.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:41 am 

pittmike wrote:
Pax is on with W&S as well. If it wasn’t today it’s tomorrow.

Nobody cares.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
W/S > BG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nicklin3011 wrote:
W/S > BG

Two whole ratings points, almost.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: My own
mrgoodkat wrote:
tommy wrote:
I don't think they know that many downstate towns have significant Latino populations. It's odd because Dan accuses downstaters of living in a previous century, yet his own knowledge of non-suburban or non-gentrified cities seems to be taken from a previous century.

It's also a terrible political strategy. Until the world truly resembles either Idiocracy, or some 'utopian' sci-fi movie where the truly free people have taken to the sewers to escape a life where nobody curses and everyone wears the same white robe and a shaved head in the name of perfect irony, the people in this country will always identify with the working class that modern liberals no longer fundamentally identify with. And the fact that the Democrats have no idea how Latino's specifically choose to identify, is particularly amazing to watch. Trump will drive some of them left, but not for long.

I keep thinking back to this documentary I saw of a Los Angeles canvasser who took continual abuse from fellow legal Latinos and Hispanics immigrants for trying to get their signatures on some initiative to support illegal immigrants. It was spectacular to watch an immigrant Latino contractor get out of his work truck after a long day of work and absolutely destroy that woman for wanting to encourage illegal immigration. He went through the absurdly long process to immigrate legally and he had the basic skills to be accepted. There are far many more of those guys than the people who want open borders.

Yep.

I don't know that I know a single Mexican immigrant or child of immigrants who is in favor of illegal immigration. In my experience, they are more militant about it than everyone else because they worked hard to get here and integrate (or their parents did) and they firmly believe that all immigrants should do that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Nicklin3011 wrote:
W/S > BG

And vanilla is the best selling ice cream in the U.S. It’s not it’s favorite flavor though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Nicklin3011 wrote:
W/S > BG

And vanilla is the best selling ice cream in the U.S. It’s not it’s favorite flavor though.

Is this some Thank You For Smoking shit?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
storkinastorm wrote:

Yep.

I don't know that I know a single Mexican immigrant or child of immigrants who is in favor of illegal immigration. In my experience, they are more militant about it than everyone else because they worked hard to get here and integrate (or their parents did) and they firmly believe that all immigrants should do that.

Thats my dad and his brothers, except for the Mexican part.