It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 3/7: Show?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Is there one?

Given the lack of activity and interest in show threads, maybe those who claim to not listen anymore really aren't listening anymore.

Post subject: Re: 3/7: Show?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
it's been fine. Dan doesn't like James garden's funky game compared to Kyrie's smooth game. Goff says that the history channel show "the men who built America" can do it in one word "slaves" and uhhhhh... Michael Porter Jr talk? ("go get paid, young man")

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:25 pm 

NCAA basketball was on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
MattressFirm must have dumped them...Dan’s now reading spots for some place called TomorrowSleep.com.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Jaw Breaker wrote:
MattressFirm must have dumped them...Dan’s now reading spots for some place called TomorrowSleep.com.

a commercial free hour tells you a lot of ad buyers dumped them

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

The show misses Terry cuz, for example, when yu dervish was introduced as s cub and Dan said the hat looks good on him I couldn't help but but remember Terry saying at Lou Piniella's presser that you look a little bit dumber when the Cubs hat is put on you.

Today when they talked about Michael Porter Jr. Re: a report from KMOX I blurted out "radio for the living dead" like Terry would at the mention of KMOX.... Goff? Not so much, he had some serious player to player advice for the kid.

I think the fundamental schism between b&b and b&g is that Terry knew he had a bullshit job and routinely mocked everything that his counterpart Dan, would hold sacred. Even reads were punctuated with Terry schtick, the bears pressers with sound effects mocking them, and Terry occasionally chiming in to enlighten us to stories like trying to get a dog dinner at the 92(?) Seoul Olympics. Goff would sooner mock the Olympics and talk about what he watched on Netflix last night.

Therein lies the difference:. Terry was comedic relief from Dan's gentrification of the Chicago sports radio fan. Goff goes along with Dan cuz hottlanta taught him about radio mortality and he's trying to do "the coolest Oreo in Chicago" schtick, like god himself personally dropped off Goff from 5-15yrs in the future to show us the way...

No wonder Terry used to address him with his middle name: Jason George Goff, huh? #importantradio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:05 pm 

Tuned in on my ride home. In the 15 minutes or so I listened they twice played some Boston Host ripping another host at his station over why he doesn't waste his time talking hockey on the air.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:09 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Tuned in on my ride home. In the 15 minutes or so I listened they twice played some Boston Host ripping another host at his station over why he doesn't waste his time talking hockey on the air.

That sounds funny. Maybe I'll podcast it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:10 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

How's the patreon going with Julie?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

It actually was.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:15 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

It actually was.

That would be entertaining if a host at the score could just light into someone else at the station like that.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
conns7901 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

It actually was.

That would be entertaining if a host at the score could just light into someone else at the station like that.

No one there has the balls.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
sinicalypse wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

The show misses Terry cuz, for example, when yu dervish was introduced as s cub and Dan said the hat looks good on him I couldn't help but but remember Terry saying at Lou Piniella's presser that you look a little bit dumber when the Cubs hat is put on you.

Today when they talked about Michael Porter Jr. Re: a report from KMOX I blurted out "radio for the living dead" like Terry would at the mention of KMOX.... Goff? Not so much, he had some serious player to player advice for the kid.

I think the fundamental schism between b&b and b&g is that Terry knew he had a bullshit job and routinely mocked everything that his counterpart Dan, would hold sacred. Even reads were punctuated with Terry schtick, the bears pressers with sound effects mocking them, and Terry occasionally chiming in to enlighten us to stories like trying to get a dog dinner at the 92(?) Seoul Olympics. Goff would sooner mock the Olympics and talk about what he watched on Netflix last night.

Therein lies the difference:. Terry was comedic relief from Dan's gentrification of the Chicago sports radio fan. Goff goes along with Dan cuz hottlanta taught him about radio mortality and he's trying to do "the coolest Oreo in Chicago" schtick, like god himself personally dropped off Goff from 5-15yrs in the future to show us the way...

No wonder Terry used to address him with his middle name: Jason George Goff, huh? #importantradio

That is one of the better posts of yours I read.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:48 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

How's the patreon going with Julie?

Worth every penny.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:55 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
That's why they don't even have sports talk in Toronto and Montreal. The Montreal station had to go off the air because it was just "look at de, ow you say, da Marc Trestman, 'e his hexpanDIIng de hrevenue streams wid such de hadvanced football teary!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:17 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
That's why they don't even have sports talk in Toronto and Montreal. The Montreal station had to go off the air because it was just "look at de, ow you say, da Marc Trestman, 'e his hexpanDIIng de hrevenue streams wid such de hadvanced football teary!"

Toronto definitely has sports talk as I stream it frequently as their NHL coverage is top notch. Where do you think Hockey Central at Noon comes from?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:23 pm 

I know, I'm just making fun of NBA snobs who insist this is the way it has to be.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
sinicalypse wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

those Hochberg ads used to be hilarious.

"Say hello to Dennis,"

(Hello, Friend.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:15 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

Stop talking about Montreal. It's clear you know nothing about the city and just continue to quote blurbs you picked up in some blog.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:15 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

But isn't his name Ellsworth Jason Goff?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:04 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Stop talking about Montreal. It's clear you know nothing about the city and just continue to quote blurbs you picked up in some blog.

So they don't talk Habs on Montreal radio? Because the joke was that they do.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:49 am 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
"Terry was comedic relief from Dan's gentrification of the Chicago sports radio fan. Goff goes along with Dan cuz hottlanta taught him about radio mortality and he's trying to do "the coolest Oreo in Chicago" schtick, like god himself personally dropped off Goff from 5-15yrs in the future to show us the way..."

Hello, frequent lurker here.
Just wanted to give props - this is the best description of why I miss TB I've read on here, ever.
I use B&G to fall asleep now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
What a surprise Goff was quick to notice a racial angle in a History Channel show. It's amazing how hyper-focused he is on race. I've often thought it would be interesting to listen to the show and count how many times he made a comment or joke involving race. Of course that would require me to listen but I'll be too busy chewing a wad of tin foil.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:14 pm 

No show thread again today, B&G is once again must miss radio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
Except for BRick of course.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:31 pm 

Big Gunt wrote:

Not this week. Too much college basketball which they hate.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:39 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Big Gunt wrote:

It's a real shame to have to discuss basketball games where the outcomes actually matter. I guess it's too much for them

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:43 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Big Gunt wrote:

It's a real shame to have to discuss basketball games where the outcomes actually matter. I guess it's too much for them

Did you. See. Rockets-Blazers last night? Did you see the way they spaced? Spacing has never been more researched and it's great.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:52 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Big Gunt wrote:

Did you. See. Rockets-Blazers last night? Did you see the way they spaced? Spacing has never been more researched and it's great.

It does always make me laugh when college basketball gets a month as the biggest sport and they over emphasize just how awesome whatever mundane NBA game was the night before.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:32 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Big Gunt wrote:

The four in one out offense employed by the Rockets was sublime