It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:33 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
If the Telander show was Mitch's move, it must have been his first. I don't think he got to the Score until 2~0~0~5

Also, wasn't the Telander show launched as the counterpart to DA MIKE NORT MORNIN SHOW? Who gets credit for that masterstroke?

2~0~0~5.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Not sure if it was mentioned in any of the 50 previous Bernstein/Parkins/Goff/Score threads, but do you think Bernstein blames Goff for his demotion? Do you think he believes that if he had been paired with a better co-host he would not be where he is at?

Do you think he blames himself at all? Or does he blame the racist south-of-I80 folks who don't understand Very.Smart.Radio?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:36 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Those things sound more like Rod Z. moves. Mitch never had the balls to do anything of significance.

That's the way I remember it, Hatchet. The Hood-Telander-Buffone show was the brainchild of Rod Zimmerman.

I stand corrected

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:37 am 

SuperMario wrote:
Not sure if it was mentioned in any of the 50 previous Bernstein/Parkins/Goff/Score threads, but do you think Bernstein blames Goff for his demotion? Do you think he believes that if he had been paired with a better co-host he would not be where he is at?

Do you think he blames himself at all? Or does he blame the racist south-of-I80 folks who don't understand Very.Smart.Radio?

the last one

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:38 am 

SuperMario wrote:

The answer for Bernstein will be if he changes or not how he does radio.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:56 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
SuperMario wrote:

To the extent that he blames anyone and doesn't accept the reality of new management doing what new management does, I would think the blame is mostly on the listeners but also on Jason.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:00 am 

I'm of the opinion Bersntein doesn't need to change to be successful. His shtick plays in non drive times. Just don't hitch your wagon to him as a station.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: ....
Surprised nobody has reached out for Terry's take on all this.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:02 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
I'm of the opinion Bersntein doesn't need to change to be successful. His shtick plays in non drive times. Just don't hitch your wagon to him as a station.

Like almost anyone, he needs a good partner and a little oversight. B&G was probably Dan's purest vision of what his show should be, just like the Mike North Morning Show was probably North's purest vision of what his show should be.

As for Terry,
Quote:
Terry Boers

@RealTerryBoers
Mar 13
More
I deeply appreciate the love from so many, but I am not in play for any role on The Score, either part time or full time. As noted the other day, I’m just a retired old dope. And at this moment, there are no plans to change that status.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
long time guy wrote:
Jonathon Hood is in the top 5 most talented guys that I've heard at the Score. I listened to the station from Day 1. More talented than the Hanleys, Mullys, Murphys, Shaers etc. Boers McNeil and North were better imo but I don't think Bernstein is/was. He was repeatedly passed over for lesser talents.

funny enough whenever hood was on with bernstein i thought it was the best radio. obviously this was years ago when bernsie was more fun.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
hnd wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jonathon Hood is in the top 5 most talented guys that I've heard at the Score. I listened to the station from Day 1. More talented than the Hanleys, Mullys, Murphys, Shaers etc. Boers McNeil and North were better imo but I don't think Bernstein is/was. He was repeatedly passed over for lesser talents.

funny enough whenever hood was on with bernstein i thought it was the best radio. obviously this was years ago when bernsie was more fun.

Hood was the perfect mix.

Who has the grudge vs. Hood at SCR? Is it Mitch?

Hood would have been LEGENDARY the past 12.5 years if he was at WSCR.

I apologize to The Hawk