It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Bernstein was just mentioned in another thread. Think about how frequent that used to be and how rare it is now. He was moved to the kids table with a vanilla bro dude from Wrigleyville. He used to be one of the first people you'd think of in terms of his reaction to an event. Now he doesn't even register. Hopefully Theo has a contract with him in the top drawer to get coffee when he gets shitcanned from radio.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Yeah he shrunk to a stumpy five foot five n a half.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:14 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
leashyourkids wrote:
Bernstein was just mentioned in another thread. Think about how frequent that used to be and how rare it is now. He was moved to the kids table with a vanilla bro dude from Wrigleyville. He used to be one of the first people you'd think of in terms of his reaction to an event. Now he doesn't even register. Hopefully Theo has a contract with him in the top drawer to get coffee when he gets shitcanned from radio.

We know Jason allegedly protested being paired with Dan. Maybe Dan should have protested it too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I’ll do the board a favor and pass on my The Winter of Dan Bernstein thread.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:17 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

We know Jason allegedly protested being paired with Dan. Maybe Dan should have protested it too.

Did Jason say that?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
If only Paterno had those witnesses to Sandusky's atrocities killed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:24 pm 

The finalization of his transformation to mindless groupthink addict while paired with Goff did him in. He was once able to call bullshit on things that did not make sense in a entertaining fashion.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:22 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Did Jason say that?

Yeah, on the podcast with Laurence, he went on about how he had serious reservations about leaving behind Matt Spiegel, who in doing a midday show with him for 21 months changed his entire life, for afternoons with Dan because he knew that Senor was lazy and wouldn't bring it every day like he (Jason) would.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
I never thought Leash would start one of these mindless threads. He truly has changed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Can't stand Bernstein. When is his contract up?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Its time for him to evolve again.

Fun fact--you know what Dan Bernstein thinks about something without having to hear him tell you what he thinks. That means he is boring. Nothing is more boring in entertainment than doing nothing with your hands and being predictable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

1. Goff resents Bernstein. He's pissed that he got fired and Bernstein survived. That's the only reason. All Goff did was what daddy did. And Goff thinks he got fired cuz he was the black guy in the relationship.

2. Bernstein has money owed to him unlike Goff. His contract wasn't one where they had a 30 day out like they did with Goff. Bernstein knows that's part of the reason why he survived. He also knows Decastro doesn't like the social justice shit even if he never said it to Bernstein. So he's gonna steer away from it to get another deal. Bernstein knows he has to please his new master and he's gonna do it. Bernstein has always been about survival.

3. McDoink is just a nothing. I don't hear much but he loves all the baseball metrics stats. He reads all that shit like a dork. He has no opinion on anything. He just recites stuff that smart people write. He'll never have a harsh criticism of anybody as long as he's on the radio. Alos, he's not very smart despite the SCORE telling us that he is. Even Bernstein thinks he's a dumb ass.

4. Bernstein resents Goff the same way Goff resents him. Only he won't make it public like Goff did. Bernstein had his thing going for 15 years and Goff came along and fucked it up. That's what Bernstein thinks. Now he has to change and be more vanilla and kinder to get the damn kids through college.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:24 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Even Bernstein thinks he's a dumb ass.

The little moments of incredulity that sneak through are maybe the only redeeming quality of the show. McDoink said something "he had no rə'course" and Dan let out a "how did you just pronounce 'recourse' wrong?!?" that really cracked me up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Another interesting factor: Goff said he was shocked that his ass got fired. He told Larry that he was shocked because before he got fired upper management had approached him about possibly having a different partner.

So, if that's true, then they were talking to Bernstein about the same thing. A new partner for him. This might have been where Bernstein tossed Goff under the bus to save his ass. Because Bernstein knew something was gonna go down and he wanted to have a chair when the music stopped.

Where Goff never saw it coming, Bernstein is more savvy then Goff. He saw a potential for a firing as soon as they were talking to him about a new partner. And Bernstein ended up with McDoink. Which might not be a coincidence. Since Bernstenin is the one that brought Doink's dumb ass to the SCORE in the first place. Bernstein was a voter in that rigged contest.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:51 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
I never thought Leash would start one of these mindless threads.

Really? I start dumb threads all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Curious Hair wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Did Jason say that?

Yeah, on the podcast with Laurence, he went on about how he had serious reservations about leaving behind Matt Spiegel, who in doing a midday show with him for 21 months changed his entire life, for afternoons with Dan because he knew that Senor was lazy and wouldn't bring it every day like he (Jason) would.

Laurence and Jason...not exactly reliable sources of infomation. Two of the biggest liars/frauds at the station.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:22 am 

Jason also said he really wanted Laurence to be his partner because working with him was the only time he ever felt like he could be himself. Unfortunately, Jason couldn't play the "Take My Breath Away" drop over his own conversation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Curious Hair wrote:
[ Senor was lazy and wouldn't bring it every day like he (Jason) would.

:lol: Hell, Jason didn't bring it everyday. He was gone once or twice every week. One thing we can all agree with on Bernstein is that he misses fewer days than his coworkers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:38 am 

i agree he is too predictable anymore to want to listen to

on one hand it means he is a stable opinion, but on the other hand he needs to say crazy things to stay relevant (skip bayless)

he should move into political radio in my opinion, he would be great at that. i dont know what his potions would be, but at least you know he would stay consistent to his beliefs no matter whats going on.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
IkeSouth wrote:
l dont know what his potions would be,

The same shit libs BS he shills now.

Last edited by ToxicMasculinity on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:42 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
he should move into political radio in my opinion, he would be great at that. i dont know what his potions would be, but at least you know he would stay consistent to his beliefs no matter whats going on.

Liberal who wants to keep his money.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:

The best segments and memorable moments from B&B was when sports weren't the focus.

Serious sports talk is whatever. The ridiculing of sports, off-topic discussions and such are what drove my interest into B&B.

Even though I consume far less radio nowadays, I still enjoy tuning in occassionaly to Mac & Parkins because they often stray away from serious sports discussion.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Did you hear him ask Maddon if the "bloom was off Rosario"? I had to LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
when you pigeon hole yourself as a fighter for social change, you really narrow your scope of whats entertaining and humorous. he's painted himself in a corner. the entertainment industry finds itself between the rock and hardplace that is exploratory art and making sure you don't offend anyone.

If he was black he'd get a social pass to be hypocritical in that nature(but still beholden to market numbers, see: Jason Goff) but he's not and he's rabbled so far down the rabbit hole, he's not capable of being the bernstein that made him at least someone you think of (whether you hate or love him). He's a shell of who he was and is still working based on currency earned from the old bernstein.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
hnd wrote:
when you pigeon hole yourself as a fighter for social change, you really narrow your scope of whats entertaining and humorous. he's painted himself in a corner. the entertainment industry finds itself between the rock and hardplace that is exploratory art and making sure you don't offend anyone.

If he was black he'd get a social pass to be hypocritical in that nature(but still beholden to market numbers, see: Jason Goff) but he's not and he's rabbled so far down the rabbit hole, he's not capable of being the bernstein that made him at least someone you think of (whether you hate or love him). He's a shell of who he was and is still working based on currency earned from the old bernstein.

And isn't he a big "teams pay for the performance they expect to get, not the performance they've already gotten" guy when talking about player contracts?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bernstein is a total joke. No one in the media either likes him or takes him seriously, except some weird monkey clown on twitter by the handle "schmootzie(sp)" which has to be a Dan burner account.

He had talent a long time ago, but wasted it with insults and now full blown WOKE SJW which makes him popular to college kids who dont listen to sports radio.