It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

I can see it one day.

At first I thought he was dumb for saying this DeCastro has no honor and pissing on him via twitter and podcasts. Thought it was bad professionally. But on second thought, it doesn't matter. DeCastro is an old racist cracker and he'll be gone in a few years. By death or retirement. So Goff's ass doesn't have to worry about him. It's not like he was gonna be hired back on DeCastro's watch anyway. Goff can continue to launch bombs at his cracker ass. It makes Goff feel better.

Mitch might get promoted once this guy is gone. Or Baldy McGrindy. Baldy is Goff's age and they came up together. Currently he's under Mitch. But his white ass might be in charge of the SCORE one day. And he can bring Goff's ass back once his cracker ass is in charge!!!!! :cheers:

Boom!!!!! There it is. For all of you Goff fans. There is hope.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Ive said it before I think he will be back on Chicago radio. I see him sort of like Mac in that sense.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
HawaiiYou wrote:
Ive said it before I think he will be back on Chicago radio. I see him sort of like Mac in that sense.

He is nothing like Mac. He's an arrogant, ignorant and talentless.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Eh 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Baldy McGrindy is the key. If he advances to head of the SCORE, Goff has a shot to get back.

Radio, like many other industries, is all about who you know. That's why this racist Decastro brought back all of his GAME people and Da MA NA.

All white Christian hires by Decastro. Assuming David Haugh is his 3rd hire. Interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:37 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Eh 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

I would say Mac has been humble since his return.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Me too.

But he's definitely been arrogant in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Me too.

Mac's old now. He's letting the kid run the show. Hoping to get 5 more years out of this sports radio bullshit. That will be enough of a cushion for his retirement in his hillbilly Indiana mansion.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:02 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Beardown wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Me too.

Mac's old now. He's letting the kid run the show. Hoping to get 5 more years out of this sports radio bullshit. That will be enough of a cushion for his retirement in his hillbilly Indiana mansion.

He has an autistic son to look after.

Anyway, I agree: when DeCastro fucks off in a year or two to go be the Chief Disruption Officer of some streaming app, and because seemingly everyone else who has ever worked with Jason adores him, Mitch in particular, he'll be back and we will once again know who is racist and gay (answer: us).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Beardown wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Me too.

Yup..he's gonna take in 1 million for 5 years..he's got a good plan and he'll tough it out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:27 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Me too.

He has an autistic son to look after.

Anyway, I agree: when DeCastro fucks off in a year or two to go be the Chief Disruption Officer of some streaming app, and because seemingly everyone else who has ever worked with Jason adores him, Mitch in particular, he'll be back and we will once again know who is racist and gay (answer: us).

I just don't see how a program director can rehire him after he specifically said, "If you don't like it, turn it off".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:13 am 

Easy: "he's matured and learned from his mistakes." Then he comes back emboldened to be even worse than he was before because everyone he works with loves him so.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Yes DeCastro will move on one day, but I bet that day comes after Mitch is fired off into the sun. Without Mitch, Goff has no path back to the station. He burned his bridge with Bernstein.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Mama Santa's
I liked Goff when he would offer sports insight which he was clearly capable of. I did not like him when he would laugh at everything and bang on the table (both of which he did far too often).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:47 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Beardown wrote:
I can see it one day.

At first I thought he was dumb for saying this DeCastro has no honor and pissing on him via twitter and podcasts. Thought it was bad professionally. But on second thought, it doesn't matter. DeCastro is an old racist cracker and he'll be gone in a few years. By death or retirement. So Goff's ass doesn't have to worry about him. It's not like he was gonna be hired back on DeCastro's watch anyway. Goff can continue to launch bombs at his cracker ass. It makes Goff feel better.

Mitch might get promoted once this guy is gone. Or Baldy McGrindy. Baldy is Goff's age and they came up together. Currently he's under Mitch. But his white ass might be in charge of the SCORE one day. And he can bring Goff's ass back once his cracker ass is in charge!!!!! :cheers:

Jim O'Donnell predicting that Mitch ain't long for the Score.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I can see it one day.

If O'Donnell predicted a sunny day tomorrow I'd go out and buy two new umbrellas tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:13 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'll believe it when I see it, but I'd have a hard time arguing he shouldn't be fired.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Caught the Goff experience on NBA radio today with Rick Mahorn. Rick was about to say why free agents don't come to Chicago and Goff got all excited and talked over him for the next 5 minutes. Same old Jason... rude to callers, dominates his co-host and knows it all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
August Schell wrote:
Caught the Goff experience on NBA radio today with Rick Mahorn. Rick was about to say why free agents don't come to Chicago and Goff got all excited and talked over him for the next 5 minutes. Same old Jason... rude to callers, dominates his co-host and knows it all.

Well it sounds like he's making good contacts. I'm sure Rick Mahorn being an ex NBA player has some good contacts in the NBA and media still.

Goff is playing it smart.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

HawaiiYou wrote:

Mac has a unique ability to have a presence on a show in 2018 despite not having a relevant sports thought for 10 years and running.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff was a kid when he got to the SCORE. First job. And he had cover when he was B&B's producer. So he never really learned how the real world works. Then he left and his ass got fired in Atlanta. So you would think that would have been a lesson. But he got lucky and his ass got back to the SCORE. And he continued to behave like a jack ass. Just like he did as a producer. Only now it matters as a host with your name on it. Now he's on the front line with no cover. Drinky and Goff were always jack asses under the cover of B&B. What the hell in their minds. Ratings were good and all they had to do was answer the phones and play "Dumb ass cracker" drops.

At some point you have to figure it out. And Goff had it good and was lucky despite the fact that he thinks he had it hard. No college degree. Got to be a big voice as a producer in afternoon drive. Then he got back here as afternoon host.

I know Goff thinks he had a raw deal. I think he got a great deal. But his pride and ego fucked it up.

Goff is the black Mike North. Only North got to do it long enough to make millions before he fucked it up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Goff was a kid when he got to the SCORE. First job. And he had cover when he was B&B's producer. So he never really learned how the real world works. Then he left and his ass got fired in Atlanta. So you would think that would have been a lesson. But he got lucky and his ass got back to the SCORE. And he continued to behave like a jack ass. Just like he did as a producer. Only now it matters as a host with your name on it. Now he's on the front line with no cover. Drinky and Goff were always jack asses under the cover of B&B. What the hell in their minds. Ratings were good and all they had to do was answer the phones and play "Dumb ass cracker" drops.

At some point you have to figure it out. And Goff had it good and was lucky despite the fact that he thinks he had it hard. No college degree. Got to be a big voice as a producer in afternoon drive. Then he got back here as afternoon host.

I know Goff thinks he had a raw deal. I think he got a great deal. But his pride and ego fucked it up.

Goff is the black Mike North. Only North got to do it long enough to make millions before he fucked it up.

Goff didn't get a raw deal. Wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:06 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I can see it one day.

Isn't Mitch also running B96?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:22 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
Guessing the Score could always use a janitor. On second thought, Goff is lazy and misses work too much to even be given a shot at that position.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
thewatcher wrote:
Guessing the Score could always use a janitor. On second thought, Goff is lazy and misses work too much to even be given a shot at that position.

No, that's Spiegel.

Already said....Mitch is his only way back. Mitch won't survive long enough for that to happen.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:29 am 

BD wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Mac has a unique ability to have a presence on a show in 2018 despite not having a relevant sports thought for 10 years and running.

:? :? :? and who has "relevant sports thoughts"? Bernstein? Goff? Baffoe? Huebner? Just curious? :?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:31 am 

BD wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Define relevant sports thought.

He has thoughts on the Cubs that seem researched, well thought out, and pretty relevant.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Sarge wrote:
:? :? :? and who has "relevant sports thoughts"? Bernstein? Goff? Baffoe? Huebner? Just curious? :?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The thought of Goff returning to Chicago sports radio will mean it has hit rock bottom.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:59 am 

Not even close to true. Jason is talented, he just needs a little direction. The extent to which you can get that from a guy who walked out of a classroom never to return because a speech professor tried to teach enunciation to the class, well, who can say, but.