It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 7/18: Josh Hader
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:09 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
So there is no difference between 17 year old HS athlete a long time ago and millionaire pro football QB now?

uh...what?

It's not really complicated. Michael Bennett is pretty much a piece a shit. From cheap shots after the whistle, to lying about interactions to the police to being an overall phony, while being an multimillionaire complaining about his lack of privilege.

Ok. That's a reasonable take, but who is the QB in question?

And also, I didnt meant it as a comparison between the two. I was just giving Rogue shit.

You are a very serious person on the board.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
So there is no difference between 17 year old HS athlete a long time ago and millionaire pro football QB now?

uh...what?

I thought Julie's tweet was trying to compare Hader and Kap.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

uh...what?

It's not really complicated. Michael Bennett is pretty much a piece a shit. From cheap shots after the whistle, to lying about interactions to the police to being an overall phony, while being an multimillionaire complaining about his lack of privilege.

And also, I didnt meant it as a comparison between the two. I was just giving Rogue shit.

You can denote how serious the discussion is from that?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:13 am 

pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

uh...what?

oh my bad. The tweet pic doesnt show up for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:13 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

uh...what?

You can denote how serious the discussion is from that?

No, Ive seen your other posts. Not much joking around out of you. Not a bad thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:14 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

uh...what?

oh my bad. The tweet pic doesnt show up for me.

No problem old friend. Happy to help.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:40 am 

Why are they talking about this still? If this doesn't scream agenda I don't know what does.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
McDude wrote:
Why are they talking about this still? If this doesn't scream agenda I don't know what does.

Because he received a standing ovation when he came in to pitch?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
McDude wrote:

Dan wrote an article about it:

Quote:
Short-Sighted Brewers Fans Celebrate Hader
The public embrace of Josh Hader came far too soon, far too easily.

(670 The Score) Those were quite the optics in Milwaukee on Saturday night, as 36,000 people sent a message to Brewers reliever Josh Hader, with many rising to their feet for extra, full-throated emphasis.

"No worries about using the N-word multiple times, Josh! We're with you!! It's OK!" was one inference.

"YEAHH!! KKK!! Damn right, white power!!" was another.

It was an ugly look even if the implied sentiment intended was largely something more nuanced, along the lines of accepting an apology and welcoming him back because he's really good at throwing a baseball. The mass cheering was an over-the-top insult to the groups that Hader offended with the tweets he posted proudly when he was 17 and that were unearthed last week. The crowd of mostly white and straight people was happy to demonstrate to the world that the feelings of those not like them matter far less than just having their guy back.

Applauding Hader for on-field success upon his comeback and expressions of contrition and understanding would be one thing, but this swell of reflexive support just for walking out to the mound gave the appearance of needless aggressiveness, a defiant display that reeked of recently reinvigorated elements that once would have been ashamed of unmasking themselves and now excuse nastiness by clinging to their perceived right to free speech without consequences.

Hader has said all the right things as part of the well-worn protocol of damage control and crisis public relations, insisting he's not racist or anti-gay but was just playing so when in high school in Maryland. It's possible he means it, and the immediate backlash to his racist and ant-gay statements has been the catalyst for him to begin to change and grow as a person. It's also possible he's a total racist scumbag and is lying through his teeth.

The point is that I don't know and you don't know, but a stadium full of Brewers fans was sure certain in the moment and couldn't wait to tell us so, as were those who leaped to defend them on social media.

Those fans are either rock-solid convinced that Hader really isn't horrible or they don't think that his comments make him so because they agree with him. Another possibility is the murky area between the two, the place where some people get all the benefit of every doubt in ways that other professional athletes may not.

It would be instructive to see the intersections on a Venn diagram that shows how the circle of vocal Brewers fans might overlay with those attacking NFL players for peacefully protesting injustice or those unable or unwilling to empathize with Bucks guard Sterling Brown when he was profiled and assaulted by Milwaukee police.

Crowd behavior has a way telling truths in a manner that the response of an individual may not. Social facilitation has a powerful effect on psychology and subsequent action, with inhibitions suppressed by the perception of relative safety in numbers.

That unsolicited public embrace of Josh Hader came far too soon and way too easily.

Part of the reason he's glad the site no longer allows comments is so people can't point out what a hypocrite he is.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:59 am 

There is a lot of infer and imply in the article.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

uh...what?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:04 am 

Franky T wrote:
McDude wrote:

So?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:05 am 

McDude wrote:
Franky T wrote:
McDude wrote:

So?

It angered the SJW population because Colin Kapernick still doesn't have a starting job in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Speaking of Milwaukee, I was mildly amused during the latest episode of Brockmire. When they asked Pedro what Milwaukee was like, he said the whole town smelled like beer farts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
McDude wrote:
Franky T wrote:
McDude wrote:

So?

So, they're talking about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Quote:
(670 The Score) Those were quite the optics in Milwaukee on Saturday night, as 36,000 people sent a message to Brewers reliever Josh Hader, with many rising to their feet for extra, full-throated emphasis.

"No worries about using the N-word multiple times, Josh! We're with you!! It's OK!" was one inference.

Bernstein should be ashamed for writing that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Quote:

Only radio personalities are allowed to evolve.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Quote:

:lol: Oh so no one really said that , Lil Danny just knows thats what they meant though. Sounds like when Leery said Packer fans enjoyed saying the KUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHNNNN chant a little too much even though , you know, thats the guys name.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Exactly...I don't remember Danny accusing Cubs fans of supporting wife-beaters and rapists when cheering Chapman, Russell, or Castro, or Bulls fans with Rose. But he probably had a similar column about Hawks fans and Kane, I can't remember.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:45 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
:roll: :roll: CH had it right . Middle management awaits .

Colin Kaepernick never apologized. He was also an adult.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:47 am 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
the Chosen Warriors on twitter are demanding that Hader do "more" than comment on it before THEY are willing to forgive him. Excuse me, but Josh Hader doesn't owe anyone anything more than the explanation he gave after the all star game. hes already been labeled, and if he does indeed go through sensitivity training or hug black grandmothers and kiss black babies or whatever the hell TWITTER DEMANDS OF HIM, 90% of those pieces of shit wouldn't think it genuine anyhow. Twitter is a fucking cesspool of LIKES AND RETWEET HOUNDS always trying to be on the right side of some faux struggle. its the same basic syndrome that JDC has..."how can this be about me and how can I make sure people know what I think"

I hope twitter burns in hell.

This guy gets it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:55 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
McDude wrote:

Dan wrote an article about it:

Quote:
Short-Sighted Brewers Fans Celebrate Hader
The public embrace of Josh Hader came far too soon, far too easily.

It was an ugly look even if the implied sentiment intended was largely something more nuanced, along the lines of accepting an apology and welcoming him back because he's really good at throwing a baseball. The mass cheering was an over-the-top insult to the groups that Hader offended with the tweets he posted proudly when he was 17 and that were unearthed last week. The crowd of mostly white and straight people was happy to demonstrate to the world that the feelings of those not like them matter far less than just having their guy back.

Applauding Hader for on-field success upon his comeback and expressions of contrition and understanding would be one thing, but this swell of reflexive support just for walking out to the mound gave the appearance of needless aggressiveness, a defiant display that reeked of recently reinvigorated elements that once would have been ashamed of unmasking themselves and now excuse nastiness by clinging to their perceived right to free speech without consequences.

Hader has said all the right things as part of the well-worn protocol of damage control and crisis public relations, insisting he's not racist or anti-gay but was just playing so when in high school in Maryland. It's possible he means it, and the immediate backlash to his racist and ant-gay statements has been the catalyst for him to begin to change and grow as a person. It's also possible he's a total racist scumbag and is lying through his teeth.

The point is that I don't know and you don't know, but a stadium full of Brewers fans was sure certain in the moment and couldn't wait to tell us so, as were those who leaped to defend them on social media.

Those fans are either rock-solid convinced that Hader really isn't horrible or they don't think that his comments make him so because they agree with him. Another possibility is the murky area between the two, the place where some people get all the benefit of every doubt in ways that other professional athletes may not.

It would be instructive to see the intersections on a Venn diagram that shows how the circle of vocal Brewers fans might overlay with those attacking NFL players for peacefully protesting injustice or those unable or unwilling to empathize with Bucks guard Sterling Brown when he was profiled and assaulted by Milwaukee police.

Crowd behavior has a way telling truths in a manner that the response of an individual may not. Social facilitation has a powerful effect on psychology and subsequent action, with inhibitions suppressed by the perception of relative safety in numbers.

That unsolicited public embrace of Josh Hader came far too soon and way too easily.

Part of the reason he's glad the site no longer allows comments is so people can't point out what a hypocrite he is.

Dan is finding out just how much he and his SJWs are hated by regular people. And he doesn't like it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:00 am 

juschill wrote:

What did Kaepernick need to apologize for?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:15 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:

If he wants a standing ovation and maybe a job he should apologize for his crappy attitude and for hating the people who come to watch him be mediocre at his job. If he doesn't want a standing ovation he can continue to be a BLM SJW.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:20 am 

juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:

If he wants a standing ovation and maybe a job he should apologize for his crappy attitude and for hating the people who come to watch him be mediocre at his job. If he doesn't want a standing ovation he can continue to be a BLM SJW.

Interesting stance....I don't see a reason for him to apologize for trying to raise awareness on a national stage...far better than the shit Pfleger pulled on the Ryan a couple of weeks ago.

I think the reason it was turned into a negative issue is because the biased right wing nuts wanted it to be divisive without backing up their facts, like players weren't required to be on the field for the anthem before the NFL signed a big money DOD advertising contract.

As far as the kneeling goes, he consulted with a member of the military to recommended that to him as kneeling is a sign of respect vs sitting or some other form of protest.

If you feel he needs to apologize for that, I would suggest you lack perspective.

I find the way the Hader thing has blown up to be dumb, too...as has been mentioned, how much stupid shit did MANY of us say at 16, 17, 18 years old that should be held against us today?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:30 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:

Interesting stance....I don't see a reason for him to apologize for trying to raise awareness on a national stage...far better than the shit Pfleger pulled on the Ryan a couple of weeks ago.

I think the reason it was turned into a negative issue is because the biased right wing nuts wanted it to be divisive without backing up their facts, like players weren't required to be on the field for the anthem before the NFL signed a big money DOD advertising contract.

As far as the kneeling goes, he consulted with a member of the military to recommended that to him as kneeling is a sign of respect vs sitting or some other form of protest.

If you feel he needs to apologize for that, I would suggest you lack perspective.

I find the way the Hader thing has blown up to be dumb, too...as has been mentioned, how much stupid shit did MANY of us say at 16, 17, 18 years old that should be held against us today?

He doesn't have to apologize. They were trying to draw a connection between Hader and Kaepernick. I don't see a reason for people to cheer Kaepernick unless he apologizes. And gets better at his profession.

He can kneel all he wants. He can spend his entire life on his knees all he wants. He knows it irks the people who go to the games and it irks the people who have turned off the NFL. If he wants them to cheer for him then he can apologize to them. If he doesn't want them to cheer for him he can continue to do what he's doing.

Why would you feel people would be obligated to cheer for him when he continues to stick a thumb in their eyes?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:39 am 

juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:

He doesn't have to apologize. They were trying to draw a connection between Hader and Kaepernick. I don't see a reason for people to cheer Kaepernick unless he apologizes. And gets better at his profession.

He can kneel all he wants. He can spend his entire life on his knees all he wants. He knows it irks the people who go to the games and it irks the people who have turned off the NFL. If he wants them to cheer for him then he can apologize to them. If he doesn't want them to cheer for him he can continue to do what he's doing.

Why would you feel people would be obligated to cheer for him when he continues to stick a thumb in their eyes?

I don't feel anyone is obligated to cheer anyone...my only point is that what Kaepernick and the rest of the players that protested as being disrespectful was misguided and the talking heads that shouted from the mountains were sorely misinformed.

Let's be fair here...I think I posted somewhere on this board that I wouldn't sign Kaepernick even without the negative publicity because I thought he was a shitty QB.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:22 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:

I don't feel anyone is obligated to cheer anyone...my only point is that what Kaepernick and the rest of the players that protested as being disrespectful was misguided and the talking heads that shouted from the mountains were sorely misinformed.

Let's be fair here...I think I posted somewhere on this board that I wouldn't sign Kaepernick even without the negative publicity because I thought he was a shitty QB.

Reasonable people are generally willing to let bygones be bygones. The difference between these two individuals is that one apologizes and is back in good graces with the fans, the other did not and is hated and out of work.

Kapaernick's misguided protest may have been as well intentioned as it could be but it ended up having a negative connotation attached to it and as a result he fell out of good graces. Sometimes things don't go the way you intended and you have to evolve or go extinct. Kapaernick chose extinction.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:36 pm 

juschill wrote:

Reasonable people are generally willing to let bygones be bygones. The difference between these two individuals is that one apologizes and is back in good graces with the fans, the other did not and is hated and out of work.

Kapaernick's misguided protest may have been as well intentioned as it could be but it ended up having a negative connotation attached to it and as a result he fell out of good graces. Sometimes things don't go the way you intended and you have to evolve or go extinct. Kapaernick chose extinction.

Misguided?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
:lol: They had the Milwaukee beat guy on about an hour ago, talked some Hader stuff, then the Milwaukee guy wanted to talk about what the Brewers might do in the trade market and the Berstein's keep trying to shift the topic back to Josh Hader.