It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 7/18: Josh Hader
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Hanley said "Maybe he used those words in the past and he's evolved since then." Bernstein grunted and said "I always go back to how people were raised. What kind of words were said in their household and what were they exposed to when they were young..."

What were you exposed to, Dan, that resulted in you saying all the things IN. YOUR. 40s. that you now claim to have evolved from?

Who are you crappin'?

Post subject: Re: 7/18: Josh Hader
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:29 am 

I assume that is his wife's biases against people from rural Maryland from her time at the school. Sorority girl saw those country people as icky.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tad Queasy wrote:
Hanley said "Maybe he used those words in the past and he's evolved since then." Bernstein grunted and said "I always go back to how people were raised. What kind of words were said in their household and what were they exposed to when they were young..."

What were you exposed to, Dan, that resulted in you saying all the things IN. YOUR. 40s. that you now claim to have evolved from?

Who are you crappin'?

LOL at Hanley with evolved. Can't be a bigger crap for Bernsie.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Exactly what I thought. Bernstein in his 40s saying dumbass stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:49 am 

This is really a dumb day long topic here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:51 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
good dolphin wrote:
I assume that is his wife's biases against people from rural Maryland from her time at the school. Sorority girl saw those country people as icky.

He's from between DC and Baltimore, it can't be that rural. I think he's just a dopey suburban kid.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:51 am 

Connor is going on and on about how it is not up to him to forgive the pitcher. It is up to the people that are offended and his teammates. Ok then. it is also not up to you to be the police spending a day on Chicago radio condemning him either is it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:17 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He's from between DC and Baltimore, it can't be that rural. I think he's just a dopey suburban kid.

Baltimore is like the country capital or the area, like St. Louis east. "Not country" seems to extend more into Virginia from DC than it does into Maryland. I think the hairstyle gives it away, although that may be a requirement of Brewer players much like the mustache ban for Yankees under Steinbrenner.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
pittmike wrote:
Connor is going on and on about how it is not up to him to forgive the pitcher. It is up to the people that are offended and his teammates. Ok then. it is also not up to you to be the police spending a day on Chicago radio condemning him either is it?

im sure his boss loves out of town, not a star player, social issue talk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
He can't say the N-word, or that he hates gays, I get that. But the "misogyny" stuff? What 17 year old doesn't like talking about fucking girls?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:roll: :roll: CH had it right . Middle management awaits .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:35 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
:roll: :roll: CH had it right . Middle management awaits .

What do these people want?

You don't have to "share his views" to know that if everyone who said offensive, stupid things when they were a teenager lost their job the country would grind to halt because, newsflash, people say stupid things when they're stupid teenagers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Terry brought me back to the score. Tuning into this show for the first time and they just teased A VERY INTERESTING turn in the Ohio State Wrestling story.

I miss Terry.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
MLB just announced he needs to undergo sensitivity training. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:12 pm 

They should suspend him for the remainder of the year and force the Brewers to trade him in the offseason

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:28 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
MLB just announced he needs to undergo sensitivity training. :roll:

Do they have a time machine so 2011 Josh attends the training? I assume this is being done so the "outraged" people on social media, with the exception of those who wouldn't be happy unless he was prohibited form holding anything other than a degrading "normal" job, will shut up?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
RFDC wrote:
They should suspend him for the remainder of the year and force the Brewers to trade him in the offseason

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
the Chosen Warriors on twitter are demanding that Hader do "more" than comment on it before THEY are willing to forgive him. Excuse me, but Josh Hader doesn't owe anyone anything more than the explanation he gave after the all star game. hes already been labeled, and if he does indeed go through sensitivity training or hug black grandmothers and kiss black babies or whatever the hell TWITTER DEMANDS OF HIM, 90% of those pieces of shit wouldn't think it genuine anyhow. Twitter is a fucking cesspool of LIKES AND RETWEET HOUNDS always trying to be on the right side of some faux struggle. its the same basic syndrome that JDC has..."how can this be about me and how can I make sure people know what I think"

I hope twitter burns in hell.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Franky T wrote:
What 17 year old doesn't like talking about fucking girls?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:26 pm 

He was a typical dumbass 17 year old. It's a footnote about him and his upbringing imo. I couldn't care less about the guy, and I don't think most really do. If he's evolved, great. If not, he'll be on the trash heap of history soon enough.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Part of getting up to AAA level should be mandatory social media review and deletion of accounts if they are offensive... hopefully you get to them before screenshots are taken or you end up with stupid stuff like this or "kissing titties" (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. Is he still writing racist messages when he is 22 or 24? That wouldn't mean something more. But a 17 year old can't be expected to know the social complexities of writing things down and then being held accountable for it 7 years later. 7 years before that they were 10. Action was taken, and quite honestly, I don't think him giving up two days or whatever it is for sensitivity training is going to kill him.

EDIT: I accidentally used the word "wouldn't" when I meant to use the word "would." It is a common mistake, please stop PMing me about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
17 yr old. idiotic tweets, whatever. i'm sure i was pretty terrible when i was 17. thank God it didn't exist then.

a few points :

- I find it interesting that people who's pasts revolved around perhaps not so aggressive and vulgar offenses of what they themselves now consider "hate speech" or "objectification" are lambasting this guy. when they all did it you were FOR SURE ADULTS.

- I do question some level of parenting that isn't looking out for their child in some way or fashion. Especially when your child exhibits some level of talent that can take him into the spotlight. perhaps 2011 twitter was too new? i doubt it.

- and callerbob or someone else in one of the other threads pointed out. How professional teams and colleges didn't immediately bring someone in to start scrubbing social media accounts after that ginger from villanova had some of those tweets when he was a kid is completely mind boggling.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:09 am 

Why the surprise? The guy's name is Hader.

Just like it wasn't a surprise to find out Bob Love was a nice guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:15 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Regular Reader wrote:
He was a typical dumbass 17 year old. It's a footnote about him and his upbringing imo. I couldn't care less about the guy, and I don't think most really do. If he's evolved, great. If not, he'll be on the trash heap of history soon enough.

Yup. These things tend to work themselves out. Either he used to be a piece of shit, or he still is.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:22 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
hnd wrote:
perhaps 2011 twitter was too new? i doubt it.

Twitter had been around by 2011 (I think the Iran protests and Arab Spring were when it started to get attention beyond Can You Believe Millennials Post About Their Breakfast grumbling) but didn't really explode until about 2012-2013. It wasn't taken that seriously. Still, should have wiped it all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Michael Bennett made false claims of racism against LVPD and walked away unscathed because no national media dared call him out on it , was allowed to keep playing football, etc. Julie never said a word but yeah white players AlWAYS get a pass.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:36 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Michael Bennett made false claims of racism against LVPD and walked away unscathed because no national media dared call him out on it , was allowed to keep playing football, etc. Julie never said a word but yeah white players AlWAYS get a pass.

It's complicated

4 Downs: Michael Bennett Case is Complicated
By ALBERT BREER October 05, 2017
Las Vegas police said it found ‘no evidence’ of excessive force used on Seahawks defensive lineman Michael Bennett.

Joe Robbins/Getty Images
1. On the Michael Bennett case. I’m not here to tell you what happened on the night of the Mayweather/McGregor fight in Las Vegas. The video evidence presented by Las Vegas police shows Seahawks star Michael Bennett and the police being cordial with one another at the end of their encounter, and it shows why Bennett was seen as a person of interest (he hid, then fled as most others on the screen followed orders to hit the deck in what was believed to be an active shooter situation), and it shows a moment where the police were aggressive with him. There’s also a hole in the video where Bennett was actually taken to the ground, creating enough gray area there for anyone to make all of that say whatever he or she wants it to say.

But do people really want more information before making a judgment? This case, like so many others, has become a talking point, one that has the flexibility to fit into a variety of narratives. If you want this to be another example of police brutality against an African-American, then it can be that. If you want this to be a professional athlete lying to make himself a martyr, then you can twist it that way as well. And what seems to be lost in this is that the accusations being heaved around are really heavy. The same way we should be careful before branding players as domestic abusers, we should show caution calling police racist or abusive, because those labels aren’t easily shed, particularly now as part of a very serious, hot-button issue.

In the end, our job in the media is to get to the truth, not frame conversations for our own devices, which we’ve seen happen frequently on this story the past few days. If the police used excessive force on Bennett or racially profiled him, then they should be punished. But we should at the very least wait until we have conclusive evidence, one way or the other.

For his part, Bennett’s lawyer John Burris told me Wednesday that he hasn’t seen video of the actual takedown, and is doubtful it even exists. Also, Burris was clear on this: “Michael said it was racial profiling, but I do not have to prove that. … It’s not part of my proof issues.” And I did reach out to Bennett, unsuccessfully. It will be interesting to see what Bennett says to the Seattle media later this week.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:00 am 

So there is no difference between 17 year old HS athlete a long time ago and millionaire pro football QB now?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:05 am 

pittmike wrote:
So there is no difference between 17 year old HS athlete a long time ago and millionaire pro football QB now?

uh...what?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:07 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

uh...what?

It's not really complicated. Michael Bennett is pretty much a piece a shit. From cheap shots after the whistle, to lying about interactions to the police to being an overall phony, while being an multimillionaire complaining about his lack of privilege.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.