It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 7/18: Josh Hader
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Caller Bob wrote:
:lol: They had the Milwaukee beat guy on about an hour ago, talked some Hader stuff, then the Milwaukee guy wanted to talk about what the Brewers might do in the trade market and the Berstein's keep trying to shift the topic back to Josh Hader.

Yeah the guy made it seem like sure maybe the ovation is over the top but everything is fine now. Hader apologized to those important to and apparently it was sufficient.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:59 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:

Reasonable people are generally willing to let bygones be bygones. The difference between these two individuals is that one apologizes and is back in good graces with the fans, the other did not and is hated and out of work.

Kapaernick's misguided protest may have been as well intentioned as it could be but it ended up having a negative connotation attached to it and as a result he fell out of good graces. Sometimes things don't go the way you intended and you have to evolve or go extinct. Kapaernick chose extinction.

Misguided?

Yes, misguided.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:

Reasonable people are generally willing to let bygones be bygones. The difference between these two individuals is that one apologizes and is back in good graces with the fans, the other did not and is hated and out of work.

Kapaernick's misguided protest may have been as well intentioned as it could be but it ended up having a negative connotation attached to it and as a result he fell out of good graces. Sometimes things don't go the way you intended and you have to evolve or go extinct. Kapaernick chose extinction.

Misguided?

Yes, misguided.

Because it's a stance you don't agree with?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:12 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:

Misguided?

Yes, misguided.

Yes, because it's a stance I don't agree with.

[/sarcasm off]

Last edited by juschill on Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:16 pm 

juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:

Misguided?

Yes, misguided.

[/sarcasm off]

I'm trying to understand why you feel it's misguided. It was obviously an issue he felt strongly enough about to stick his neck out there over it. He took steps and talked to people, and honestly, was very respectful in the way he did it. All of the players that took that stance were respectful in the way they did it. More than can be said than steps taken by others protesting the same thing. Why is that such a horrible thing?

Once again...I'm not saying that he should be applauded if he were to get a job again...but to say he was "misguided" just seems closed minded.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:19 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:

Misguided?

Yes, misguided.

[/sarcasm off]

I'm trying to understand why you feel it's misguided. It was obviously an issue he felt strongly enough about to stick his neck out there over it. He took steps and talked to people, and honestly, was very respectful in the way he did it. All of the players that took that stance were respectful in the way they did it. More than can be said than steps taken by others protesting the same thing. Why is that such a horrible thing?

Once again...I'm not saying that he should be applauded if he were to get a job again...but to say he was "misguided" just seems closed minded.

I know plenty of police officers that would disagree that it's close minded. In fact, that is a label I would apply to Kapaernick and his fellow BLM SJWs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:21 pm 

juschill wrote:

I know plenty of police officers that would disagree that it's close minded. In fact, that is a label I would apply to Kapaernick and his fellow BLM SJWs.

Fair enough. It seems to me that it is something we can agree to disagree on without being hostile.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:23 pm 

Full disclosure, I'm not going to watch their league if they stand or don't stand so Kapaernick and the BLMs in the league can do whatever they want in regards to that. There's plenty of people who are not watching because of the Kapaernick's of the world. I respect them for their decision.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't know why Kap started his protest. What I am almost certain of though is that he lost interest in being an NFL quarterback.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:27 pm 

juschill wrote:
Full disclosure, I'm not going to watch their league if they stand or don't stand so Kapaernick and the BLMs in the league can do whatever they want in regards to that. There's plenty of people who are not watching because of the Kapaernick's of the world. I respect them for their decision.

Fair enough...I respect yours and their right to make that decision.

I'm going to watch it because I like watching grown men run head first in to each other...I don't really care about their social views about anything...same reason I don't listen to celebrity endorsements.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:

I'm going to watch it because I like watching grown men run head first in to each other...I don't really care about their social views about anything...same reason I don't listen to celebrity endorsements.

I thought you bought one of these?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
I like watching grown men run head first in to each other.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:36 pm 

denisdman wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:

I thought you bought one of these?

Nah...nor did I ever find a need to help fund Billy Mays' coke habit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
sjboyd0137 wrote:

There was a decent South Park episode for Billy Mays.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:42 pm 

denisdman wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

My favorite dead celebrity South Park was Steve Irwin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
denisdman wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

I think he was pitching to Bryce Harper in the Home Run Derby.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:05 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
I don't know why Kap started his protest. What I am almost certain of though is that he lost interest in being an NFL quarterback.

He started his protest because of police brutality and was perfectly interested in continuing to do his job.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Man fuck the "My Pillow". Talk about pissing away $50.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:09 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

He started his protest because of police brutality and was perfectly interested in continuing to do his job.

"Police brutality" is a vague thing at best to protest, but I never found anything focused in his message. As for quarterbacking, he looked like he did not much care to be there in the game I saw him start against the Bears. If he was a world beater he would still have a job.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:12 pm 

If he was a world beater he would still have a job.

Yep

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Curious Hair wrote:

"Police brutality" is a vague thing at best to protest, but I never found anything focused in his message. As for quarterbacking, he looked like he did not much care to be there in the game I saw him start against the Bears. If he was a world beater he would still have a job.

He started his protest on the company dime. A good argument for "misguided". Also, the pig socks were a little much. But I do respect he took the heat without much complaint while staying firm. I never once thought that Colin was a "bad guy".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:32 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
I like watching grown men run head first in to each other.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: