It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
This is what the pairing should have been. Rozner isn't perfect but at least he has his own opinions, will disagree with Bernstein, and give him crap about things.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
agreed. never thought Rozner would make me realize how awful McKnight is.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
ROZNER IS ADEQUATE, but his bit tires quickly... not meant for full time duties. they should have just given speigal and bernstein a try and then gone to someone else

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:51 am 

billypootons wrote:
ROZNER IS ADEQUATE, but his bit tires quickly... not meant for full time duties. they should have just given speigal and bernstein a try and then gone to someone else

Speigel went to pieces trying to challenge Bernstein for a few minutes during transition, he would have had a mental and/or emotional breakdown if he had to deal with him day in and day out as his partner.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Are you trying to kill me? Rozner is the most annoying piece of garbage in Chicago media. He is tired, stale, and devoid of any interesting thoughts. I'd rather listen to Julie DiCaro talk about pro wrestling than get a daily dose of Rozner.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Rozner is so disingenuous and phony. Yesterday he was discussing the Hall of Fame voting and wondering aloud why some voters did not vote for Griffey, Banks, Maddux, etc. He said he had NO IDEA what the rationale could be, when everyone knows that two of the big explanations are:

1. If a writer knows a guy is a lock, he will save one of his votes for a player on the bubble.
2. Some feel that if Babe Ruth wasn't unanimous, then no one should be unanimous.

I'm not saying either of these reasons is valid or not, but feigning ignorance is just ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Drink every time he says McGowan or Maddux.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
billypootons wrote:

Yeah. He spent a lot of time filing in for Mac alongside Spiegel before they tried the Mannelly disaster, and even more time filling in for TB before Terry finally retired. Eventually he made both shows unlistenable.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:10 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Rozner is so disingenuous and phony. Yesterday he was discussing the Hall of Fame voting and wondering aloud why some voters did not vote for Griffey, Banks, Maddux, etc. He said he had NO IDEA what the rationale could be, when everyone knows that two of the big explanations are:

1. If a writer knows a guy is a lock, he will save one of his votes for a player on the bubble.
2. Some feel that if Babe Ruth wasn't unanimous, then no one should be unanimous.

I'm not saying either of these reasons is valid or not, but feigning ignorance is just ridiculous.

This guy gets it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:14 pm 

They're trying to minimize Alex Rodriguez' comments from last night about the state of the Cubs' clubhouse and Yu Darvish.

Interesting that Bernsie said Rodriguez can say these things because he's not a beat reporter who has to cultivate a good relationship with players, managers, etc., in the clubhouse. However, that has never stopped Bernstein from complaining that local media doesn't ask tough questions at press conferences while he sits in the WSCR studio.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Bernstein and Rozner has been my favorite pairing for a while. It was a better show than the last few years of B&B when Boers had packed it in.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: No Place
I’ve never understood the hate Rozner gets on here. Of course he’s not perfect but as previously stated he has his own opinions and will push back without coming off as simply being contradictory for arguments sake.

The fact that Mully—a complete fucking blow hard—is still around after 3 axings is truly unbelievable. He was/is thee worst.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I like Rozner when he sticks to baseball. He's shit on any other sport.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
MHSPBGLHLG wrote:
I’ve never understood the hate Rozner gets on here. Of course he’s not perfect but as previously stated he has his own opinions and will push back without coming off as simply being contradictory for arguments sake.

The fact that Mully—a complete fucking blow hard—is still around after 3 axings is truly unbelievable. He was/is thee worst.

Rozner IS better than Mully, I'll give him that much.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: No Place
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I like Rozner when he sticks to baseball. He's shit on any other sport.

I think that type of classification applies to most of the sports talkers in town. I can’t think of anyone locally who serves as a one stop shop for must listen takes across all the major sports.

That’s where the podcast era has really altered not only how listeners consume sports talk but what their expectations are.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:55 pm 

Does Bernstein always read texts that disagree with he or his co-host in either a "mad" or "dumb guy" voice? Unless the text is in all caps I don't think the person is necessarily angry or yelling.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
MHSPBGLHLG wrote:

You're just upset that you have to update your moniker :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Rozner is really bad but yes, still better than Mcknight. Today Rozner said every 4 year rebuild in the NFL should result in a SB win. He said a lot of other dumb shit about the NFL today. I don't think he knows much about the sport or the league.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
FavreFan wrote:
Rozner is really bad but yes, still better than Mcknight. Today Rozner said every 4 year rebuild in the NFL should result in a SB win. He said a lot of other dumb shit about the NFL today. I don't think he knows much about the sport or the league.

That is pretty funny. Every GM that did not have the Steelers, Packers and Patriots or Peyton Manning completely sucked.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:14 pm 

pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

That is pretty funny. Every GM that did not have the Steelers, Packers and Patriots or Peyton Manning completely sucked.

Everything Rozner writes or opines on has a purpose. The reason he says four years is because he wants to attack the Bears. And the Bears deserve infinite amounts of blame for their franchise issues. But in this case, he wants to destroy Pace (and the people above him more so), and this is his way of doing it.

I am not a huge Pace guy, but there was literally zero when he got here. I say the jury is still out. But Rozner just wants to roast him endlessly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Everything Rozner writes or opines on has a purpose. The reason he says four years is because he wants to attack the Bears. And the Bears deserve infinite amounts of blame for their franchise issues. But in this case, he wants to destroy Pace (and the people above him more so), and this is his way of doing it.

I am not a huge Pace guy, but there was literally zero when he got here. I say the jury is still out. But Rozner just wants to roast him endlessly.

He also was doing some weird thing trying to make a point by repeating that none of this contract stuff gets out unless they wanted it out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
we whine about rozner's tired bits everytime he gets regular guest hosting gigs.... but what's somewhat ironic is this board has the same conversation about his ability to be a FT host every time he re-appears on our radios. in summary everything about him is tiring

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
With the assumption that neither Parkins nor Mcknight will be canned, I wish they would pair up the two thus allowing me to write off their show altogether rather than having both the midday and afternoon shows with one host being unlikable.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:34 pm 

The 1st hour of Bernstein and Rozner was better than anything done with McKnight in months. Sure, Rozner was a little unrealistic with his expectations with the Bears but the critical way they went after the NFL and the Bears was fantastic.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:22 pm 

DAC wrote:
The 1st hour of Bernstein and Rozner was better than anything done with McKnight in months. Sure, Rozner was a little unrealistic with his expectations with the Bears but the critical way they went after the NFL and the Bears was fantastic.

I listened to just about the while show with Bernstein and Rozner yesterday but only listened to about 10 minutes of Bernstein and McKnight today.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:24 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
DAC wrote:

I listened to just about the while show with Bernstein and Rozner yesterday but only listened to about 10 minutes of Bernstein and McKnight today.

I'll be all Mac and Parkins for me today. (Mac is back I assume.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:15 am 

billypootons wrote:
we whine about rozner's tired bits everytime he gets regular guest hosting gigs.... but what's somewhat ironic is this board has the same conversation about his ability to be a FT host every time he re-appears on our radios. in summary everything about him is tiring

yep

We still hear "why do you hate Mcnoun" five years after the guy even played for the team. There is little mention that the guy has been able to stick around in the league for those five years, destroying his underlining point but the reference itself is enough to cause hate for that Mon Chi Chi.