It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:38 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:30 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
cookie23 wrote:
Oh and now he does creepy cameo videos

He didn't do mine.

DR. KEN'S MONEY wasn't good enough for one Dan Bernstein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZjAantupsA
The red cod piece WAS creepy.

Is that the guy from Morris Day and the Time at the beginning?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
W_Z wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The show is average. This is what many of you wanted.

Stick to sports. Don't be mean to callers. Be inoffensive and vanilla.

He is brave.

Mean to callers and off topics are ok. It's sjw crap that's intolerable.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:00 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
His entire lookout on sports and, indeed, life is pedestrian and predictable.

He used to be an iconoclastic, idiosyncratic voice who challenged the sports status quo.

Now he is the willing servant of entrenched power who has forsaken the idea of providing a fresh perspective (on anything) and is no longer personally invested in his job.

He has become irrelevant, is aware of his irrelevance, and has apparently made peace with his growing insignificance.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:02 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tall Midget wrote:
He has become irrelevant, is aware of his irrelevance, and has apparently made peace with his growing insignificance.
Wait. Is this thread about Lil' Danny, or leash?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tall Midget wrote:
His entire lookout on sports and, indeed, life is pedestrian and predictable.

He used to be an iconoclastic, idiosyncratic voice who challenged the sports status quo.

Now he is the willing servant of entrenched power who has forsaken the idea of providing a fresh perspective (on anything) and is no longer personally invested in his job.

You mean the rest of the masses now know what some of us did for a while. He is a radio whore that will do what is necessary for a paycheck. Don't have to like it but you can't really blame it. A man's business is not my concern as long as it does not conflict with mine.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Tall Midget wrote:

TIL I'm Dan Bernstein.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
He is now Mike Greenberg. Minus the big salary.

Just another guy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:23 am 

Bernstein was always overrated anyway. His show was good when Boers was more invested in it. Once Boers checked out emotionally he was done. His hate listen shtick got old quick and once listeners tired of it he was done.

You can't berate callers for nothing else than they happened to disagree with you and not expect them to stop listening after awhile. You also cannot profess hatred for the medium (sports) which pays your salary.

Bernstein began to think he was bigger than the game and now he is being repaid for his disrespect. He will be but a footnote in a few years.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:26 am 

long time guy wrote:
Bernstein was always overrated anyway. His show was good when Boers was more invested in it. Once Boers checked out emotionally he was done. His hate listen shtick got old quick and once listeners tired of it he was done.

You can't berate callers for nothing else than disagreeing with you and expect people to stop listening. You also cannot profess hatred for the medium (sports) which pays your salary.

Bernstein began to think he was bigger than the game and now he is being repaid for his disrespect. He will be but a footnote in a few years.

It was actually worse than that and more tired than you describe. Yelling or being disgusted by callers for reflexively asking how you are at the start of a call is an example.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:32 am 

pittmike wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You can't berate callers for nothing else than disagreeing with you and expect people to stop listening. You also cannot profess hatred for the medium (sports) which pays your salary.

It was actually worse than that and more tired than you describe. Yelling or being disgusted by callers for reflexively asking how you are at the start of a call is an example.

Yeah it wasn't simply the "stupid callers" either. They'd customarily dismiss callers that had relevant points. Then they started dismissing guys that actually agreed with them. It became obvious that it was simply a bit with everything that they did. It was all done to generate interest and they really didn't really care about anything.

That is why the whole SJW thing is so phony. Bernstein has flip flopped so much on certain issues that you don't what his actual position happens to be at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Bernstein sounds like a teenager who just discovered masturbation with this little stolen base inefficiency report. Way too excited. And Doink is acting so shocked.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
long time guy wrote:

You can't berate callers for nothing else than they happened to disagree with you and not expect them to stop listening after awhile. You also cannot profess hatred for the medium (sports) which pays your salary.

It's pretty obvious that 'always' is a false assessment.

He was an integral part of the super happy fun time chicanery that was the show's hallmark for MANY years. There's no shortage of things to bury him over, but for some reason you selected 'always overrated' which is both incorrect and an unnecessary reach past dozens of valid criticisms.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:17 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It's pretty obvious that 'always' is a false assessment.

He was an integral part of the super happy fun time chicanery that was the show's hallmark for MANY years. There's no shortage of things to bury him over, but for some reason you selected 'always overrated' which is both incorrect and an unnecessary reach past dozens of valid criticisms.

Depends on your perspective. I actually liked him but i always believed that he was given too much credit for the success of that show. Never considered him the "driver" of anything and when that show was considered to be good it was because Boers was much more engaged. While i don't think Bernstein was a net negative his mere presence wasn't the reason that the show succeeded.

Of the 3 main guys involved in the triangle (Bernstein, Boers, McNeil) I always considered him to be the least talented.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I'm not able to listen daily but I like the show whenever I catch it. There is still social commentary but it's been dramatically reduced.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The SJW talk just got to be too much. And I agree with a lot he says, but he would go on and on and on.

Again I miss the laughter, he had a knack for funny bits back in the early 2000s with Terry. They had some radio gold and he was funny. They both were.

Laughter is what unites the masses and sports.

Then pair him up with a radio nothing. To Dan's defense, anyone with Mcknight is in an uphill battle. He might be the most bland radio guy I have ever heard. I will never understand that hire.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Dan was saying how he has no interest in Facebook and never has. His wife is on Facebook and it just seems to make her mad. Twitter, he said, is good for being harassed by Nazis. A few minutes later Dan mockingly read a text from someone who said Dan was exaggerating about Nazis on Twitter. Dan said there are a lot of them, it's a problem, and they are actually welcome on Twitter to which McKnight added that they are welcome because of free speech, or...something.

In between that was something actually funny as they played a clip of Les talking about "Bridge over...covered....underwater" by "Simon and Garfield" or something equally insane.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:37 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Dan was saying how he has no interest in Facebook and never has. His wife is on Facebook and it just seems to make her mad. Twitter, he said, is good for being harassed by Nazis. A few minutes later Dan mockingly read a text from someone who said Dan was exaggerating about Nazis on Twitter. Dan said there are a lot of them, it's a problem, and they are actually welcome on Twitter to which McKnight added that they are welcome because of free speech, or...something.

In between that was something actually funny as they played a clip of Les talking about "Bridge over...covered....underwater" by "Simon and Garfield" or something equally insane.

Great show today.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:52 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:

THAT. IS. NOT. HOW. FREE. SPEECH. WORKS.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
this show is boring. it bores me. mcknight is replacement level radio host who offers nothing unique and has no discernible radio host strengths

5 years ago I was team bernstein. I thought i'd be enjoying his content/shows for years to come. Now, i have no interest in listening and only listen if im in my car between 9am to 1pm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:47 am 

I miss the b&b classic Les flub mocking. Maybe b&m do it but I don't listen much now. Luckily there's a ton of it from the past on YouTube, but I'd like to hear the new stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:00 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
"He could be as ugly as the choclodytes!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Talk more Bernstein! Stop talking Bernstein!!

My view is the lineup musical chairs really took the steam out of daily show chatter. Fixing something that wasn't broken and new managment making change for the sake of saying they did something.

The schedule I run doesn't have me turning on the radio until 1pm at the earliest. I have little to no interest in hearing what Haugh and McDoink think about anything.

Schedules change, the ebb and flow of this message board changes, and it's more of a seasonal thing. Getting out of the MLB only live games (even with the NL leading Cubs) and the NFL season rapidly approaching, I see an increase of daily show threads and activity.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Regular Reader wrote:
When I stopped regularly laughing, I stopped regularly listening.

perfect description of me as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
RBI DOESN"T MATTER!!!!!! All he cares about is getting rid of Big Ten Coaches and hoping for college scandals.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:00 am 

Anyone remember Bernstein humiliating Schuster for saying LeBron James intimidated Derrick rose defensively? There was a time when Bernstein was the most despised chicago radio person only to be surpassed by Jason Goff.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:11 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The show is average. This is what many of you wanted.

Stick to sports. Don't be mean to callers. Be inoffensive and vanilla.

He is brave.

Mean to callers and off topics are ok. It's sjw crap that's intolerable.

This x the 1000.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:20 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Anyone remember Bernstein humiliating Schuster for saying LeBron James intimidated Derrick rose defensively? There was a time when Bernstein was the most despised chicago radio person only to be surpassed by Jason Goff.

He sure seems to be teflon though with multiple evolution opportunities.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
There's no reason to post here anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:53 am 
1000 CLUB

Since Bernstein has gone through a personality change to this nicer/less combative voice, regardless of reasons (mid-day = relaxing listen vs. drive home = aggressive/combative), does this make him a fraud - which version of him is actually real? I don't recall other radio personalities having quite this large of a shift to now he's happy just reading fangraph articles and pretending to be smart (that part hasn't changed).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next