It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
During today's transition: "You can't write a column based on a strawman argument you heard on sports radio!"

Isn't that about 40% of Dan's columns?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Yup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Mr. V's
Bernstein "evolved" himself into a creative box. He went full SJW and now he's stuck and can't go back without sounding like a hypocrite. This neutered content is all he has to offer now. His best days are behind him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:
During today's transition: "You can't write a column based on a strawman argument you heard on sports radio!"

Isn't that about 40% of Dan's columns?

That's pretty much every topic on sports radio.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:25 pm 

I really wonder how painful it was for Berns to talk fantasy football today. A lot of his questions were shit, obviously had no clue what was going on. McDoink's questions were no better, from a supposed fantasy expert.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:26 am 

schmitty1121 wrote:
I really wonder how painful it was for Berns to talk fantasy football today. A lot of his questions were shit, obviously had no clue what was going on. McDoink's questions were no better, from a supposed fantasy expert.

That is what it sounds like when you are a radio whore that has to do whatever the programmer and guests forced upon you want.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
oh man i missed bernsie actually having to pretend he's interested in fantasy football? how the mighty have fallen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:26 am 

pittmike wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

That is what it sounds like when you are a radio whore that has to do whatever the programmer and guests forced upon you want.

I just find this criticism so strange. You and others mocked him heavily before for not doing that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:29 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

I just find this criticism so strange. You and others mocked him heavily before for not doing that.

Not sure what is strange. In my mind he was always a radio whore and his entire evolution was for his or his wife's benefit more than it was genuine. I am not blaming him at all. He is doing a job if not a bit. I have said all along I am not mad at what he was or become. I felt bad because I really enjoyed him when he started and he could have done things differently.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
hnd wrote:
oh man i missed bernsie actually having to pretend he's interested in fantasy football? how the mighty have fallen.

he did it to himself by openly mocking it previously. did they run a segment of sit em or bench em right after charch?

Charch provides great content, but if these two dopes aren't going to ask the right questions then you'll just have cranky people who dont want to hear fantasy sports talk and then cranky fantasy players who are mad they are wasting segment time on dumb questions

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:31 am 

schmitty1121 wrote:

All fantasy football talk is terrible. You can't shine a turd.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:50 am 

Douchebag wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

All fantasy football talk is terrible. You can't shine a turd.

draft talk isn't terrible as the discussion is of general interest. In season talk is possible the worst topic of conversation on sports radio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Holy fuck. Are we gonna do this? GAY LIFESTYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
A caller wants to know if Dan is going to ask Theo why he hired a bigot. Dan wants to know why he's fixated on the word "bigot", wants to know if he agrees with Daniel Murphy, and is steering the caller away from his original point about if Dan will have the courage to ask Theo why he hired a bigot....Dan is now trying to pretend he doesn't know what the caller means and is trying to get him off the air.

The caller knew exactly what Dan was trying to do, and said as much, before McKnight finally stepped in and said they will ask Theo (I'm paraphrasing here) about their process in reconciling Murphy's comments.

This happened around 12:30.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:16 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Not sure what is strange. In my mind he was always a radio whore and his entire evolution was for his or his wife's benefit more than it was genuine. I am not blaming him at all. He is doing a job if not a bit. I have said all along I am not mad at what he was or become. I felt bad because I really enjoyed him when he started and he could have done things differently.
Dan sacrificed ratings to be himself for nearly his whole career up until the end of the Jason Goff experiment. You and others constantly complained about the content and aggressiveness of his show.

Now, he basically decided he would be a boring show like Silvy and Waddle, get decent to good ratings, and program a show that gets people to listen, and he's a radio whore.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:05 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Dan sacrificed ratings to be himself for nearly his whole career up until the end of the Jason Goff experiment. You and others constantly complained about the content and aggressiveness of his show.

Now, he basically decided he would be a boring show like Silvy and Waddle, get decent to good ratings, and program a show that gets people to listen, and he's a radio whore.

It’s ok. I disagree. I’ve listened to Bernsie since the early 90’s. Whenever he took over for Greenburg. I feel ok with my opinions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
pittmike wrote:
I’ve listened to Bernsie since the early 90’s. Whenever he took over for Greenburg.

My good man why do you listen to Bernstein so much for so long if you live elsewhere?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:12 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I’ve listened to Bernsie since the early 90’s. Whenever he took over for Greenburg.

My good man why do you listen to Bernstein so much for so long if you live elsewhere?

I moved here in 2005. I was born in 1967 in Chicago.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
pittmike wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
pittmike wrote:

As a Sox fan...before or after the championship? If before, did you return for the parade like our very own Costanza?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:45 am 

pittmike wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
pittmike wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
When you are an echo chamber reverberating the same views as every other liberal white male sports show, columnist, reporter, etc. You become boring and ignored. Dan has lost much of what made him fun and interesting. And now we get our OSU show, same as the Penn state shows. Couple that with cardboard Conner.. There's nothing here. There's nothing interesting.
There's no need to talk about him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
We know what big time college sports are- it is a dirty game on every level. I don't hold these coaches or players (including the parent) to any kind of moral standard. If we did, college football would barely exist. That being said, I am trying to figure how we are requiring the employer (OSU in this case) to police behavior of its employees that is occurring in the coaches' home?

Does you employer have the right and responsibility to investigate your marriage? Sure, if you're convicted of a crime, then there is probably a role. But to what extent are they suppose to monitor the private behaviors of the staff. PSU and MSU are different because the bad activities happened on campus by employees to students.

Urban Meyer is a complete jerk. But I am not sure I hold him responsible for the private actions of his coach.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:36 pm 

denisdman wrote:
We know what big time college sports are- it is a dirty game on every level. I don't hold these coaches or players (including the parent) to any kind of moral standard. If we did, college football would barely exist. That being said, I am trying to figure how we are requiring the employer (OSU in this case) to police behavior of its employees that is occurring in the coaches' home?

Does you employer have the right and responsibility to investigate your marriage? Sure, if you're convicted of a crime, then there is probably a role. But to what extent are they suppose to monitor the private behaviors of the staff. PSU and MSU are different because the bad activities happened on campus by employees to students.

Urban Meyer is a complete jerk. But I am not sure I hold him responsible for the private actions of his coach.

Responsibility of the school? No. SJW journalists? Yes, they will police this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
McDude wrote:
When you are an echo chamber reverberating the same views as every other liberal white male sports show, columnist, reporter, etc. You become boring and ignored. Dan has lost much of what made him fun and interesting. And now we get our OSU show, same as the Penn state shows. Couple that with cardboard Conner.. There's nothing here. There's nothing interesting.
There's no need to talk about him.

This. SJW's who write blogs, retweet websites, demand action went from annoying a few years ago to irrelevant. Nothing special, "shocking," principled about them.

You believe in white privilege? Don't tweet about it, give your job to an African american. That would be doing something about it.

Nobody cares about your grandstanding ideas.

Not just towards Bernstein, but those like him.

Again as MCdude put it perfeclty, there is nothing special about him. He is a SJW echo chamber.

He used to be funny, made ya think, etc.

I will be honest, kinda sad those days are gone and are not coming back for it was great radio to listen to.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:09 pm 

At least they can go to bed on the right side of history.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Bernstein does a crossword puzzle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twa3aJba-QA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:43 pm 

denisdman wrote:

I agree, except for the fact that coaches get really high handed with players they no longer want or need. Then they & administrators claim to be paragons of virtue(see Baylor over the last 15 years)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:03 am 

Well, Danny boy and Mitch Rosen showing true colors this weekend. Hours after John McCains death, Danny retweets an article just trashing McCain and Mitch liked and retweeted that. Cant give a few days?

TURDS.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:39 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Just curious. Does Bernstein or any other Jewish hosts wear the beanie when they're working?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I notice Bernstein is now referring to saber metrics data as "evidence." It's a valuable tool to predict the future from past data. Not always foolproof accurate in doing that though. But, "evidence"?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next