It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 09.25 show
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: billss
Had a chance to get out of the office for lunch today, and listened for a bit.
a) i was surprised to hear CHARCH! I thought Dan hated fantasy football, and I assumed Charch went to the afternoon show instead. The things he's had to do to keep a show.....
b) interview with Madden. Yikes! He kept poking the bear with Addison Russell questions. Dan asked him if he read the blog post, and when he said "no", he followed up with "why didn't you?". You could tell Joe was getting ticked and was like "we have a game tonight - why aren't you asking me about that?". I assumed that maybe this was hashed out prior to the call as in "no addison russell questions", so I was surprised/not surprised he went there right away.

Post subject: Re: 09.25 show
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Maybe that dumb old bastard should just read the blog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
That Maddon interview was painful. As an aside, I read Addy's ex-wife's post. Wow, he sounds like a major asshole. I would love to hear the counter story.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Enjoyable dv talk... Dan dropped a "pernicious" to remind us he's still really smart

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:00 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Connor just described his wish to interview Shawn Estes as "tilting at windmills" and his "white whale" like 30 seconds apart. Glad they had to go to break before he compared himself to Javert pursuing Jean Valjean but also Dostoyevsky's Underground Man searching for the meaning of life.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:

Why?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Why?

So he can respond "I read it" and it gives one less thing for the soy boys to cry about .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
scoregirl wrote:
a) i was surprised to hear CHARCH! I thought Dan hated fantasy football, and I assumed Charch went to the afternoon show instead. The things he's had to do to keep a show.....
b) interview with Madden. Yikes! He kept poking the bear with Addison Russell questions. Dan asked him if he read the blog post, and when he said "no", he followed up with "why didn't you?". You could tell Joe was getting ticked and was like "we have a game tonight - why aren't you asking me about that?". I assumed that maybe this was hashed out prior to the call as in "no addison russell questions", so I was surprised/not surprised he went there right away.

During transition Parkins said "All Maddon has to say is [insert non-answer answer here]." and they all agreed. If you expect him to give an answer that is a verbose way of saying "No comment.", why ask him about it at all?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:19 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
scoregirl wrote:

During transition Parkins said "All Maddon has to say is [insert non-answer answer here]." and they all agreed. If you expect him to give an answer that is a verbose way of saying "No comment.", why ask him about it at all?

Because they want everyone to carry the torch against social injustice. They said the victim must believed lest victims feel afraid to come forward.

I just don't know how we balance this stuff. If my daughter alleged such stuff, I would believe her. If my son was accused of such stuff, I would believe him. And vice versa. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Maybe Dan is carrying more water for Theo and senses Joe is vulnerable.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Only these clowns can take a weekly talk with the manager during the playoff push and turn it into very important domestic violence talk. I used to look forward to this weekly conversation when spiegel and parkins used to have him on because it was always talk about that nights game and Maddon sounded like he enjoyed it. Even before today's train wreck interview you could tell that Maddon doesn't enjoy talking to these guys and says the bare minimum he is contracted to say to these ass-wipes. And after the break firing on him for not wanting to get involved and talk about it because it keeps others from "coming forward". STFU already. McKnight is awful, so self-righteous.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:24 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
scoregirl wrote:

Because they want everyone to carry the torch against social injustice. They said the victim must believed lest victims feel afraid to come forward.

I just don't know how we balance this stuff. If my daughter alleged such stuff, I would believe her. If my son was accused of such stuff, I would believe him. And vice versa. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Thats the question a caller needs to pose to Lil Danny when he gets on his soapbox ( is he ever off it? ) . Basically if the wunderkind Jason is ever accused of something like that, Lil Danny will believe the accuser right? I mean, he has to.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:26 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

"Theo read it."

Yup spot on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:28 pm 

I think Joe probably read it, too, but doesn't want to comment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:29 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
Only these clowns can take a weekly talk with the manager during the playoff push and turn it into very important domestic violence talk. I used to look forward to this weekly conversation when spiegel and parkins used to have him on because it was always talk about that nights game and Maddon sounded like he enjoyed it. Even before today's train wreck interview you could tell that Maddon doesn't enjoy talking to these guys and says the bare minimum he is contracted to say to these ass-wipes. And after the break firing on him for not wanting to get involved and talk about it because it keeps others from "coming forward". STFU already. McKnight is awful, so self-righteous.

None of the Cubs brass enjoys talking to McDoink. At least twice, they didn't understand his question. Maddon was definitely pissed today. I am sure the Cubs and MLB have told him to keep quiet while they investigate. He was quite adamant about letting the process play out.

It is his job to manage the baseball team, not investigate DV allegations against one of his players. That being said, it is strange he didn't read the allegations.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:30 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I think Joe probably read it, too, but doesn't want to comment.

Yes I wondered that. He definitely does not want to, nor should he, comment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:32 pm 

well i am sure that by saying "I didn't read it" he hoped to stem off any follow-ups without realizing not reading it would offend them both so deeply. 'How can you NOT have read it? Lets dig deeper on how horrible that is to all the victims of domestic abuse!" when all he and listeners want is to discuss the fact that this team is only 1.5 games above the Brewers and they better win tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:43 pm 

Parkins loves to call people bigots and seems very eager to talk about a fight at Wrigley last night that I haven't heard about until now. Maybe he'll name his three Hispanic friends the way he named his three black friends a while back to prove how not racist he is.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:50 pm 

McKnight was going on and on about how psychologists and doctors say how important it is to believe victims/accusers because not doing so makes other people afraid to come forward. Most allegations are likely true, but people do lie about these things. I suspect, as others have said, that if one of their family members or friends is ever accused of something like this they won't be so quick to believe the accuser without question.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:52 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Parkins loves to call people bigots and seems very eager to talk about a fight at Wrigley last night that I haven't heard about until now. Maybe he'll name his three Hispanic friends the way he named his three black friends a while back to prove how not racist he is.

Parkins is a good host. He has lots of thoughts. But his underlying SJW tendencies bubble to the surface often. I wonder if it is a generational thing where guys his age care about the environment, social issues, and stuff like that much more than a host of his skill would have 30 years ago. It makes sense that a guy like Goff or Julie would care about those things because they are on the receiving end of slights, but why is a privileged Danny Parkins so concerned?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:01 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Parkins is a good host. He has lots of thoughts. But his underlying SJW tendencies bubble to the surface often. I wonder if it is a generational thing where guys his age care about the environment, social issues, and stuff like that much more than a host of his skill would have 30 years ago. It makes sense that a guy like Goff or Julie would care about those things because they are on the receiving end of slights, but why is a privileged Danny Parkins so concerned?

I think it is a generational thing where people in that age group broadcast everything about themselves, from what they had for lunch to their political and social views, to the world via social media.

It is kind of funny that three privileged white men in Bernstein, Parkins, and McKnight are so vocal about certain voices being heard while working at a station with precious little diversity in its lineup. Kind of like Julie taking other media outlets to task for various things but never saying anything about WSCR. I understand self-preservation, but insisting you will not be silenced and will call people out...unless it inconveniences yourself...seems disingenuous.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:58 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

ding ding ding. Read the piece he wrote last week:

https://670thescore.radio.com/bernstein ... tive-leave

Quote:
Epstein did his best to defer to the league's jurisdiction in his comments to reporters, but there were some notable aspects to his press conference alongside owner Tom Ricketts. It was as troubled as the usually unflappable Epstein has appeared publicly, for one, with more self-editing of his words than usual as he navigated difficult rhetorical territory. He undid the word "encouraged" when he answered a question about the Cubs' role in cooperating with the MLB investigation, not wanting to make it seem as if they actively invited the examination of Russell. Later, he similarly retracted the term "balanced" regarding whom to believe, so as not to appear dismissive of the accuser's veracity. He rarely shows us the wires like this.

Another telling response came when he was given the opportunity to vouch for Russell's character, and replied only with "I would say that I know him in a baseball context." That left a great deal of space for obvious reasons and did so in dramatic fashion.

But he fared far better than manager Joe Maddon, who gave lip-service to the disciplinary process but claimed to have not read Reidy-Russell's description of events that's the reason for all of this. Yet multiple times he said that he wanted to "hear everything before I draw a conclusion" and wanted all available information to evaluate both sides. It would seem that the actual post by the woman who says she was victimized would be the single most important source of information available to him, but he seems to disagree for some reason, content to snap back to the reporter asking him if he thought he should read it with a flippant "Should I?"

Yes, Joe. You should.

It was a rough turn for Maddon on a rough day for the Cubs, as a team that has enjoyed its fair share of party time was forced into difficult conversations about something disturbing and deeply serious.

"All things considered, Theo handled the difficult situation as bravely and as deftly as he could. Meanwhile, bad decision maker Joe Maddon made another bad decision by disrespecting members of the media and Literally All Women by being ignorant of the situation. It makes one wonder what else he could prove to be ignorant of." And now if the Cubs dick-trip their way out of a pennant, you have a loftier cause for firing him than just "dumbass let Pedro Strop hit for himself."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:03 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I think it is a generational thing where people in that age group broadcast everything about themselves, from what they had for lunch to their political and social views, to the world via social media.

It is kind of funny that three privileged white men in Bernstein, Parkins, and McKnight are so vocal about certain voices being heard while working at a station with precious little diversity in its lineup. Kind of like Julie taking other media outlets to task for various things but never saying anything about WSCR. I understand self-preservation, but insisting you will not be silenced and will call people out...unless it inconveniences yourself...seems disingenuous.

I think that generation 30 and under is definitely more tolerant.

As far as the privileged white guys go, what would you have them do? Quit the SCORE for lack of diversity? Torpedo their livelihoods in the name of the cause?

I just disagree with that. It's the same thinking that leads to "why dont you give away all your money to the poor then?" in response to people saying we should fight poverty.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Only these clowns can take a weekly talk with the manager during the playoff push and turn it into very important domestic violence talk.

It was a national story. It is fine to bring it up when talking to Maddon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:27 pm 

Parks and Mac(I always thought Mac was in the middle, but he has gone far left) are spending so much time on this Cub bleecher fight.

I saw the video, it was like 5 people. Things like this happen all the time. People call people bad words that are profane and racists. It is horrible, but it happens. I would love to live in a world where this does not happen, but it does.

What they did earlier of maybe mentioning stuff this for 10 seconds and moving on, they are now spending a whole show constantly going over this. Then I might have misheard, but they say they are going to interview the people?

This show has gone all SJW. I was not a fan of the gambling time spent on the show, but now the smug, "I am so smart, this is bad, that is bad and lets talk about it for hours" has gotten bad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:47 pm 

This board is constantly railing on The Score lineup saying they are soft on management. Now that someone is challenging management, the same people are telling them to stop.

Who ya crappin'?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:02 pm 

The field manager isn't management management. The Score's, or rather Bernstein's, fealty has always been to GMs, presidents, and owners; locker-room personnel he can take or leave.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:11 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

This board is constantly railing on The Score lineup saying they are soft on management. Now that someone is challenging management, the same people are telling them to stop.

Who ya crappin'?

what are you talking about "the same people"? When have i ever commented on anyone not being tough enough on management? I dont constantly rail on the Score lineup. That interview sucked and Bernstein and McKnight wanted to get all Woodward and Bernstein and pretend they are journalists. Oooooooohhhhh they really exposed him all "60 Minutes" style when all the average fan wants to do is enjoy some baseball talk. Terrible radio.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:12 pm 

I thought it was almost good radio when Maddon got audibly irritated with them but they de-escalated before it got out of hand.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:18 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I thought it was almost good radio when Maddon got audibly irritated with them but they de-escalated before it got out of hand.

They badgered him to the point where he was, as you say, irritated. Maddon displayed his ordinary arrogance, but as a fan, I don't really want him saying much about private issues like DV. Nothing good is going to come of it.