It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 09.25 show
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:58 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Only these clowns can take a weekly talk with the manager during the playoff push and turn it into very important domestic violence talk. I used to look forward to this weekly conversation when spiegel and parkins used to have him on because it was always talk about that nights game and Maddon sounded like he enjoyed it. Even before today's train wreck interview you could tell that Maddon doesn't enjoy talking to these guys and says the bare minimum he is contracted to say to these ass-wipes. And after the break firing on him for not wanting to get involved and talk about it because it keeps others from "coming forward". STFU already. McKnight is awful, so self-righteous.

This board is constantly railing on The Score lineup saying they are soft on management. Now that someone is challenging management, the same people are telling them to stop.

Who ya crappin'?

what are you talking about "the same people"? When have i ever commented on anyone not being tough enough on management? I dont constantly rail on the Score lineup. That interview sucked and Bernstein and McKnight wanted to get all Woodward and Bernstein and pretend they are journalists. Oooooooohhhhh they really exposed him all "60 Minutes" style when all the average fan wants to do is enjoy some baseball talk. Terrible radio.

Start challenging management!

Stop challenging management!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:18 pm 

A baseball coach doesn't have to have an opinion on this outside of his lineup. Still, he said he would have one on the verdict, not the accusation.

And that is really what pisses leftists off. They want to pin you into a corner and when your opinion is not compassionate enough, prepare to have it used against you for the rest of your days. It's a power play. It's been going on for more than 40 years but has reached a fever pitch with our new addiction to outrage.

Maddon essentially echoed the most important aspect of the rule of law that has existed for thousands of years in different forms. The onus is on the accuser to prove something. It makes it inherently difficult for a reason, and it is that difficulty that second and third wave feminists have been using for decades to chip away at the concept of presumption of innocence. Believe all women is ridiculous. It's incredibly dangerous and incredibly stupid now that we have the internet and social media. It is in fact counter productive, as is often the case with the far-left.

They should be impressing upon the increasingly fragile people we raise to go to the authorities immediately. That it won't be easy because it can't be. The accused has certain rights and you would want them if the roles were reversed. The media should report on the facts of the accusation and then wait for a verdict.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I thought Maddon explained himself perfectly. He is not involved in the investigation. His opinion does not matter. Reading between the lines, its him trying to distance himself so the team or management doesn't appear to be doing anything to sway a decision.
Also, how can his opinion on the post possibly matter when its a loaded question anyways, where only one answer is considered acceptable? if he had come out and said "yep. read it. didn't think too much about it." hes going to get destroyed. they tried backing him into a corner and he outmaneuvered them by not giving in.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
I thought Maddon explained himself perfectly. He is not involved in the investigation. His opinion does not matter.

I agree. His initial answer was perfectly fine.

Then Bernstein sighed and awkwardly pressed him some more. Maddon's second answer was perfectly fine, and he was understandably starting to get irritated.

Then McKnight sighed, tripped all over himself as usual, and pressed him even more. Maddon understandably became very irritated and exasperated with them beating this to death and trying to force his hand.

Bernstein, McKnight, Parkins, and Mac are harping on Maddon and Rizzo saying "It was a blog post." and how that minimizes the accuser's words as if that means that are condoning domestic violence. Waiting to hear the results of an investigation does not mean you condone what someone has been accused of.

Did this station (or at least Bernstein since the other three weren't there, but they still know what happened) learn nothing from the Patrick Kane situation? It certainly seemed to me that several people at that station, Bernstein included, were desperately hoping Kane was guilty and it all turned out to be bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Maddon and Rizzo have their causes. Not everyone can be outraged or worked up about every wrong in the world. If someone donates to cancer research, it doesn’t mean they don’t care about AIDS.

These SJW’s want everyone to feel the same level of anger to these situations. Of course DV is wrong, but I am still going to watch the Cubs game. Sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tad Queasy wrote:
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
I thought Maddon explained himself perfectly. He is not involved in the investigation. His opinion does not matter.

I agree. His initial answer was perfectly fine.

Then Bernstein sighed and awkwardly pressed him some more. Maddon's second answer was perfectly fine, and he was understandably starting to get irritated.

Then McKnight sighed, tripped all over himself as usual, and pressed him even more. Maddon understandably became very irritated and exasperated with them beating this to death and trying to force his hand.

Bernstein, McKnight, Parkins, and Mac are harping on Maddon and Rizzo saying "It was a blog post." and how that minimizes the accuser's words as if that means that are condoning domestic violence. Waiting to hear the results of an investigation does not mean you condone what someone has been accused of.

Did this station (or at least Bernstein since the other three weren't there, but they still know what happened) learn nothing from the Patrick Kane situation? It certainly seemed to me that several people at that station, Bernstein included, were desperately hoping Kane was guilty and it all turned out to be bullshit.

Evidently not. My strongest memory of them and the Kane thing was Bernsie's go to yell anytime someone mentioned the accuser might be wrong, mistaken or even lying. "YOU CAN'T SAY THAT!" "YOU MUST BELIEVE HER!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:34 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Today Dan said "the Cubs are leaking oil" to which Connor replied "sure, they're leaking oil, but there's a lot of oil in that tanker." I will admit here that I am the polar opposite of a Car Guy, but I'm pretty sure "leaking oil" as an idiom refers to a car being in such a dire state of disrepair that something that absolutely should not be happening to the car is happening. I don't think the comparison was to the Exxon Valdez.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Curious Hair wrote:
I don't think the comparison was to the Exxon Valdez.

Well the Cubs and the Exxon Valdez are both captained by drunks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Tad Queasy wrote:
Parkins loves to call people bigots and seems very eager to talk about a fight at Wrigley last night that I haven't heard about until now. Maybe he'll name his three Hispanic friends the way he named his three black friends a while back to prove how not racist he is.

I imagine if he ever gets caught calling someone a espic or nibber on tape he'll do just that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
denisdman wrote:
Only these clowns can take a weekly talk with the manager during the playoff push and turn it into very important domestic violence talk. I used to look forward to this weekly conversation when spiegel and parkins used to have him on because it was always talk about that nights game and Maddon sounded like he enjoyed it. Even before today's train wreck interview you could tell that Maddon doesn't enjoy talking to these guys and says the bare minimum he is contracted to say to these ass-wipes. And after the break firing on him for not wanting to get involved and talk about it because it keeps others from "coming forward". STFU already. McKnight is awful, so self-righteous.

None of the Cubs brass enjoys talking to McDoink. At least twice, they didn't understand his question. Maddon was definitely pissed today. I am sure the Cubs and MLB have told him to keep quiet while they investigate. He was quite adamant about letting the process play out.

It is his job to manage the baseball team, not investigate DV allegations against one of his players. That being said, it is strange he didn't read the allegations.

I listened to his rambling and I couldnt figure out what the hell the question was. The fact that Joe gave an answer at all and didnt ask what the question was, like Theo did was amazing. Then I listened to the replay of the question on Lauerence's show. I dont think he asked a god damn question. Why the hell would they replay that? In my opinion that interview was a complete embarrassment to the station. I would burn that tape. Not replay it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:32 pm 

Does anyone get the feeling that Joe knows a little bit more about this situation and more about this woman than he is letting on? I think it was Rizzo too that had some comments that seemed as if they knew something more. I mean, I'm sure they know more. I think this is one fight these guys should sit out. But this is what they do, they create controversy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
No I don't get that feeling at all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:38 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

This board is constantly railing on The Score lineup saying they are soft on management. Now that someone is challenging management, the same people are telling them to stop.

Who ya crappin'?

what are you talking about "the same people"? When have i ever commented on anyone not being tough enough on management? I dont constantly rail on the Score lineup. That interview sucked and Bernstein and McKnight wanted to get all Woodward and Bernstein and pretend they are journalists. Oooooooohhhhh they really exposed him all "60 Minutes" style when all the average fan wants to do is enjoy some baseball talk. Terrible radio.

Start challenging management!

Stop challenging management!

Trying to get a manager to bad mouth a player, while praising the GM is hardly "challenging management". What was the point of the exchange? To have Maddon agree with him on the laughable thought that victims must always be believed and it's too traumatic to expect them to speak to investigators? Let's return to Star Chambers and trial by combat then.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:52 pm 

cookie23 wrote:
Parks and Mac(I always thought Mac was in the middle, but he has gone far left) are spending so much time on this Cub bleecher fight.

I saw the video, it was like 5 people. Things like this happen all the time. People call people bad words that are profane and racists. It is horrible, but it happens. I would love to live in a world where this does not happen, but it does.

What they did earlier of maybe mentioning stuff this for 10 seconds and moving on, they are now spending a whole show constantly going over this. Then I might have misheard, but they say they are going to interview the people?

This show has gone all SJW. I was not a fan of the gambling time spent on the show, but now the smug, "I am so smart, this is bad, that is bad and lets talk about it for hours" has gotten bad.

Definitely agree with you on Mac, and it's disappointing. It was weird Parkins almost made it seem that the violence is okay. He said something about being drunk and some inaudibles as he caught himself almost saying the fighting is expected. People get mad and say shit and try to hurt you which ever way they can. Parkins is telling me he never got into a fight and said something he regrets? It's ridiculous. Also, doesn't everyone in the video look Hispanic?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:58 pm 

McDude wrote:
cookie23 wrote:
Parks and Mac(I always thought Mac was in the middle, but he has gone far left) are spending so much time on this Cub bleecher fight.

I saw the video, it was like 5 people. Things like this happen all the time. People call people bad words that are profane and racists. It is horrible, but it happens. I would love to live in a world where this does not happen, but it does.

What they did earlier of maybe mentioning stuff this for 10 seconds and moving on, they are now spending a whole show constantly going over this. Then I might have misheard, but they say they are going to interview the people?

This show has gone all SJW. I was not a fan of the gambling time spent on the show, but now the smug, "I am so smart, this is bad, that is bad and lets talk about it for hours" has gotten bad.

Definitely agree with you on Mac, and it's disappointing. It was weird Parkins almost made it seem that the violence is okay. He said something about being drunk and some inaudibles as he caught himself almost saying the fighting is expected. People get mad and say shit and try to hurt you which ever way they can. Parkins is telling me he never got into a fight and said something he regrets? It's ridiculous. Also, doesn't everyone in the video look Hispanic?

How stupid and pandering is it to say if someone says something racist then it's fine to be violent? Some drunk people got in a fight. It's not a referendum on society.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:40 am 

I dislike Bernstein, the Cubs and Maddon so this is very difficult for me to assess.

Still, "I am the HIPAA king, I can do anything" should understand why an executive would be evasive in publicly speaking about a private personnel matter. I assume Joe read the post or at the very least is fully apprised of its contents and does have an opinion about it and that opinion isn't that he is cool with domestic violence. He is just in a situation where he has about 3-4 competing interests, is trying to walk a thin line and worded things poorly.

He will recollect his thoughts and have a better response in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:43 am 

McDude wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

Im betting the guy screaming out BEANERS is not Hispanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:47 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Maddon's interview yesterday was downright cringeworthy. The fact he basically said that he doesn't care about her side of the story makes him look like an insensitive jerk.

He could have and should have simply said something to the effect of; "Yes I have read the blog post. I didn't like what I read. That said, I am not going to comment further until MLB completes their investigation and we all have the results. I'm here to answer any baseball questions you may have." Then its done and over with.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:49 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Maddon's interview yesterday was downright cringeworthy. The fact he basically said that he doesn't care about her side of the story makes him look like an insensitive jerk.

STRETCH...GET ON BACK THERE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:57 am 
100000 CLUB

Maddon said that what she wrote doesn't matter at this point. That's a pretty shitty thing to say.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:13 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Maddon said that what she wrote doesn't matter at this point. That's a pretty shitty thing to say.

I’m not going to be swayed one way or another by reading this. I really have no interest in reading this. I’m more interested in waiting for the investigation to finalize itself, and then I’ll read what’s going and what had been said once it’s been vetted properly. Anybody can write anything they want these days with social media, blogging, etc. So I’m just going to wait for it to play its course, and then I’ll try to disseminate the information based on both sides, MLB itself, along with the players’ union and getting together with Addison and his former wife, and then I’ll read the information to try to form my own opinions at that point.

Seems pretty reasonable.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
It's strange that the station seems to be doing their darndest to make this a huge issue across all of their shows (not counting Les). Nothing is different today if Maddon said he did read the blog post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:57 am 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I’m not going to be swayed one way or another by reading this. I really have no interest in reading this. I’m more interested in waiting for the investigation to finalize itself, and then I’ll read what’s going and what had been said once it’s been vetted properly. Anybody can write anything they want these days with social media, blogging, etc. So I’m just going to wait for it to play its course, and then I’ll try to disseminate the information based on both sides, MLB itself, along with the players’ union and getting together with Addison and his former wife, and then I’ll read the information to try to form my own opinions at that point.

Seems pretty reasonable.
Except for the "anybody can write anything" bit, I Agree.

Quote:
reading this or her account of it has nothing to do with anything according to the results.
As I said, this was a shitty and unnecessary thing to say. It sort of marginalizes her, but also does not paint Joe in a very favorable light IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:58 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Seems pretty reasonable.

Yes, it does.

There used to be a time when people waited for the facts before making a decision.

Not anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:01 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Seems pretty reasonable.
Except for the "anybody can write anything" bit, I Agree.

Quote:
reading this or her account of it has nothing to do with anything according to the results.
As I said, this was a shitty and unnecessary thing to say. It sort of marginalizes her, but also does not paint Joe in a very favorable light IMO.

Where is that quote from? Seems a bit out of context.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:09 am 
100000 CLUB

It appears to be from the same story that you posted your quote from; https://670thescore.radio.com/cubs-joe- ... on-russell

Quote:
"There's a process in place. I have nothing to do with this. I'm going to wait until its vetted between MLB and the players' union, and then I'll read it. I really don't understand why I have to become more involved than that and anybody else does. I've felt that way from the beginning -- reading this or her account of it has nothing to do with anything according to the results. So let's just wait until it properly runs its course and make our decisions."
I happen to think that the bold part is just a shitty thing to say, and that it trivializes the Ex's blog post. It is ok if we disagree.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:19 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
It appears to be from the same story that you posted your quote from; https://670thescore.radio.com/cubs-joe- ... on-russell

No, mine was from a Yahoo story.

Quote:
"There's a process in place. I have nothing to do with this. I'm going to wait until its vetted between MLB and the players' union, and then I'll read it. I really don't understand why I have to become more involved than that and anybody else does. I've felt that way from the beginning -- reading this or her account of it has nothing to do with anything according to the results. So let's just wait until it properly runs its course and make our decisions."
I happen to think that the bold part is just a shitty thing to say, and that it trivializes the Ex's blog post. It is ok if we disagree.[/quote]

Ok with all the context it makes more sense. The entire sentiment is "let it play out"

You're reaching on this one, Frank.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:23 am 
100000 CLUB

Not at all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:27 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Not at all.

Sure you are. That's why you had to take the quote so far out of context it wasnt even a proper sentence.

Anyway, you hate the Cubs. Understood.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:50 am 
100000 CLUB

I say again, not at all. The manager of a player who is currently on leave/suspension from MLB stated that her blog post has nothing to do with anything. That is a flat out crappy thing to say at this point. That is not a reach.