It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 09.25 show
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I say again, not at all. The manager of a player who is currently on leave/suspension from MLB stated that her blog post has nothing to do with anything. That is a flat out crappy thing to say at this point. That is not a reach.

nothing to do with anything according to the results.

See you cant even put the full quote in because it destroys your narrative.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Last call was pretty good taking them to task over the Maddon interview yesterday. Had Bernstein stammering a bit. Also, Dan, control your fucking emotions. "Act like you've been there before."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
That interview sure got a lot of play. Heard it on Mac and Parkins at about 5:40 as I was getting home. Got back in my car about a half hour later and it was being played again on Larry's show.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:18 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I say again, not at all. The manager of a player who is currently on leave/suspension from MLB stated that her blog post has nothing to do with anything. That is a flat out crappy thing to say at this point. That is not a reach.

The results may indicate that her blog was 100% truth.

At this point, to say her blog has nothing to do with anything, is a shitty thing to say.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

The results may indicate that her blog was 100% truth.

At this point, to say her blog has nothing to do with anything, is a shitty thing to say.

Maddon's biggest mistake from a sensitivity standpoint was saying "anyone can write anything in a blog." Then when he said Addison hadn't written anything yet in response, I was waiting for Bernstein or McKnight to say whatever Russell wrote wouldn't matter or be believable.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
After playing the clip from Maddon, Bernstein keeps saying that Theo didn't say anything that could be interpreted as not believing the alleged victim.

So, all of this hand wringing is over something that "could be interpreted" in a certain way?

Again, aside from giving many at WSCR something to get on their high horse about what bearing does Maddon having read the blog post or not have on anything?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I expected more fireworks from the interview after reading this thread. While I am sensitive to the victim, I don't have a problem with what Maddon said. He has no role in the process and will wait until there is a ruling made. McKnight sounded like an idiot, no surprise, with his bumbling, rambling question but besides that, it is getting overblown here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Right out of the gate in transition Dan triumphantly exclaimed "THEY. SAT. JOE. DOWN."

I guess Dan views this as a great and noble victory for himself (and the station) that their outrage at Maddon for not reading the blog post has resulted in him being made to read the blog post. Before I changed the station Dan had started telling a story about a family his kids carpooled with who were dealing with a domestic violence situation AND. THESE. THINGS. CAN. REMAIN. HIDDEN. UNTIL. SOMEONE. IS. DEAD. and these stories need to be brought OUT. OF. THE. DARKNESS.

I guess by Maddon not reading the blog post, and wanting the investigation to take its course, he was potentially responsible for victims not feeling able to come forward? That seems like a melodramatic stretch.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tad Queasy wrote:
Right out of the gate in transition Dan triumphantly exclaimed "THEY. SAT. JOE. DOWN."

I guess Dan views this as a great and noble victory for himself (and the station) that their outrage at Maddon for not reading the blog post has resulted in him being made to read the blog post. Before I changed the station Dan had started telling a story about a family his kids carpooled with who were dealing with a domestic violence situation AND. THESE. THINGS. CAN. REMAIN. HIDDEN. UNTIL. SOMEONE. IS. DEAD. and these stories need to be brought OUT. OF. THE. DARKNESS.

I guess by Maddon not reading the blog post, and wanting the investigation to take its course, he was potentially responsible for victims not feeling able to come forward? That seems like a melodramatic stretch.

He told a terrible story. I am left though to always question any story Dan tells. He seems to always have a handy story like that with a personal connection for every instance he deems important.

Moreover, I think pushing things like this when Maddon in this case didn't really do anything wrong weakens the cause. I am sure there are a great many men trying to live their lives more sensitive and caring about issues such as these. Put them all on blast at every turn would make them not want to even bother in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:26 am 

Does anyone actually believe Maddon didn't read the blog post? It's not like he's a scientist from Pittsburgh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:40 am 

What a mess. Tune and right away Dan says, "Melisa Reidy." I roll my eyes, say to myself, "oh god." And shut it off. I hate trivializing this. But this is just not what I want to hear about, cubs are going to the playoffs for the 4th year. Decastro better SIT DAN DOWN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:41 am 

McDude wrote:
What a mess. Tune and right away Dan says, "Melisa Reidy." I roll my eyes, say to myself, "oh god." And shut it off. I hate trivializing this. But this is just not what I want to hear about, cubs are going to the playoffs for the 4th year. Decastro better SIT DAN DOWN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I'm looking at it from the point of view of the listener. You have a 12-15 minute window with the manager of the Cubs each week, and this week they blew half of asking the same non-baseball related question in different ways trying to make Joe look foolish or insensitive instead of using the time to talk about the pennant race? Terrible. Then you pad the rest of your daily broadcasts replaying this same terrible interview over and over like it is a journalistic masterpiece. Maybe the next time they have Charch on they can spend it talking about CTE.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:46 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
let's hope they replay the interview 3 more times today across all shows!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:00 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:

Didn’t either dan or his wife reveal that he has her on some kind of daily calorie count? If she posts that information in a sympathetic on line location this social wave he is trying to ride would crash down upon him as well

It is best not to take the angry blog of a recently divorced person about a spouse at 100% face value. There is no such thing as an amicable divorce

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Douchebag wrote:
McDude wrote:

McDude works patrol in neighborhoods you won't even drive through. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
good dolphin wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Didn’t either dan or his wife reveal that he has her on some kind of daily calorie count? If she posts that information in a sympathetic on line location this social wave he is trying to ride would crash down upon him as well

It is best not to take the angry blog of a recently divorced person about a spouse at 100% face value. There is no such thing as an amicable divorce

I posted about this somewhere on this board. Her post was compelling and disburbing. And yet I recognize there are two sides to every story, and I want and welcome a similar response from Addy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Seacrest wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
McDude wrote:

Definitely excuses him from criticism of his posts.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:24 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
McDude wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:58 am 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
mrgoodkat wrote:
A baseball coach doesn't have to have an opinion on this outside of his lineup. Still, he said he would have one on the verdict, not the accusation.

And that is really what pisses leftists off. They want to pin you into a corner and when your opinion is not compassionate enough, prepare to have it used against you for the rest of your days. It's a power play. It's been going on for more than 40 years but has reached a fever pitch with our new addiction to outrage.

Maddon essentially echoed the most important aspect of the rule of law that has existed for thousands of years in different forms. The onus is on the accuser to prove something. It makes it inherently difficult for a reason, and it is that difficulty that second and third wave feminists have been using for decades to chip away at the concept of presumption of innocence. Believe all women is ridiculous. It's incredibly dangerous and incredibly stupid now that we have the internet and social media. It is in fact counter productive, as is often the case with the far-left.

They should be impressing upon the increasingly fragile people we raise to go to the authorities immediately. That it won't be easy because it can't be. The accused has certain rights and you would want them if the roles were reversed. The media should report on the facts of the accusation and then wait for a verdict.

/Thread.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
doug - evergreen park wrote:
let's hope they replay the interview 3 more times today across all shows!

And over the weekend as well...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
McDude wrote:

Definitely excuses him from criticism of his posts.

No, but it means he is certainly no snowflake. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:23 pm 

You don't need to defend me Seacrest. It doesn't bother me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
That's how I know he isn't a snowflake.