It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Are you 100% certain man has walked on the moon? The Russians I used to play chess with found the idea preposterous. They were taught in school it never occurred.

I don't believe it happened.

If we went before, why haven’t we gone back? Are we to believe that there is absolutely nothing of value to learn/take from the moon? We did everything we needed to back when we had shit technology...

There isn't really much more we need to learn about the moon. We built permanent space stations instead and also spent a lot of time trying to get unmanned things much further than a human could go with our technology. Even a Mars mission we won't really learn as much as we have from the unmanned probes we are now sending through and out of the solar system.

If we would’ve built and launched those things in the 30’s they’d only be as far as Saturn now .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Got to love the NBA types like Dan who think these players are savants who could run for office or fly fighter jets while in reality they believe the Earth is flat and then moon landings are fake.

If you told them almond milk came from cows that were only fed almonds, most of them would probably believe it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tad Queasy wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Got to love the NBA types like Dan who think these players are savants who could run for office or fly fighter jets while in reality they believe the Earth is flat and then moon landings are fake.

If you told them almond milk came from cows that were only fed almonds, most of them would probably believe it.
Tad Queasy wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

:lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
If we went before, why haven’t we gone back?

Couple of reasons:

1. We did go back, a few times.

2. The mass of the CM-LM tandem that got us to the moon was 28,000 KG's. The Saturn V was the only American-made rocket at the time capable of maneuvering on a Trans-Lunar Injection with that kind of payload, and one of only two human-made launch platforms ever capable of such a thing. The only other society to build and operate a platform of that capacity were the Soviets some 20 years later. The only platform currently in the pipeline that has the hopes of achieving what the Saturn V was capable of is a variant of the Space Launch System Block I, slated to come online around 2024.

3. Traveling to the moon takes vehicles and their inhabitants through the Van Allen Radiation Belts created by Earth's magnetosphere, something that is always of concern. NASA estimated that the Apollo astronauts received the equivalent of a few chest X-Rays during their trip through the belts and on the moon, but long-term studies have indicated that the astronauts received much more radiation than initially calculated, which resulted in cardiovascular disease ravaging the ranks of lunar-bound pilots, almost double the rate of LEO or non-flying NASA astronauts.

4. Lifting the kind of payload, in one shot, capable of going to the moon and back while sustaining multiple human lives within its interior is extremely costly on many fronts (R&D of the launch platform and lunar package, fuel, environmental effects, etc.) and extremely dangerous on many fronts (for obvious reasons). We built it, tested it, and got there a few times without losing MANY lives, so why tempt fate and risk the budget, especially when it appears that Americans stopped caring about going to the moon after only a few flights?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
If we went before, why haven’t we gone back?

Once you've had a few years of threesomes, you start to want to settle down with the missus.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Are you 100% certain man has walked on the moon? The Russians I used to play chess with found the idea preposterous. They were taught in school it never occurred.

I don't believe it happened.

I'm with you. :salut:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
I’ll be starting more threads frequently.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Some people think the moon doesn't exist. I've never really understood how it has "no atmosphere"- I do but I don't. I think nasa is a huge waste of money. It might just be a way of fucking the American people out of money. Fuckers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
whiskey dick wrote:
I’ll be starting more threads frequently.

So Bernstein was adamantly opposed to Harold Baines getting in? Wanted to listen but couldn't.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:27 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Spaulding wrote:
Some people think the moon doesn't exist. I've never really understood how it has "no atmosphere"- I do but I don't. I think nasa is a huge waste of money. It might just be a way of fucking the American people out of money. Fuckers.

Saying nothing at all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:33 am 

Spaulding wrote:

Anti-Mooner!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Spaulding wrote:

It used to have an atmosphere but the dinosaurs native to the moon caused a huge and fast lunar warming (climate change). They were forced to make very big jumps (they had huge size but small arms) to leap to Earth and inhabit it many moons ago (so to speak).

At any rate the Moon died and is now the dead rock illuminating our nights and controlling our tides. Roll tide!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:44 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
pittmike wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

It used to have an atmosphere but the dinosaurs native to the moon caused a huge and fast lunar warming (climate change). They were forced to make very big jumps (they had huge size but small arms) to leap to Earth and inhabit it many moons ago (so to speak).

At any rate the Moon died and is now the dead rock illuminating our nights and controlling our tides. Roll tide!

To tie this into the flat earth thing, I believe there are flat earthers who believe the moon is a hologram.

Also, I'm really surprised at how many people here don't believe we ever made it to the moon. I'm pretty sure we did as I don't think that many people could create such a conspiracy and keep that kind of secret, but I'll admit that my Russian friends made me question what I think I know because what they think they know is something completely different.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

To tie this into the flat earth thing, I believe there are flat earthers who believe the moon is a hologram.

Also, I'm really surprised at how many people here don't believe we ever made it to the moon. I'm pretty sure we did as I don't think that many people could create such a conspiracy and keep that kind of secret, but I'll admit that my Russian friends made me question what I think I know because what they think they know is something completely different.

I am equally surprised so many people that doubt the moon landing so readily lap up so much other stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:55 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Anti-Mooner!

Joe Buck wrote:
What a disgusting act!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:57 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I am equally surprised so many people that doubt the moon landing so readily lap up so much other stuff.

I'm surprised that people who lap up the moon land stuff easily doubt other stuff that has more proof.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:58 am 

I'm not sure Australia exists. It probably does but it is hard to know for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Everyone knows the moon is hollow, an artificial satellite brought here by aliens to get a stable climate for the prison planet known as Earth.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
All Bears signing Hunt jokes aside, I prefer my athletes abusive to stupid any day of the week. Irving and Curry should face the same level of ridicule as Hunt.

For NAS- With Space, what is the bridge to far? We haven't landed on the moon, did we make it to Mars, Pluto, voyager, Jupiter, Russia landing on Venus? How about Spacex landing rockets? It seems weird we could complete these other objectives, yet landing on the moon was out of bounds.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:56 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
We landed on the moons of other planets

Robots

You don't believe in moon landing but you do believe in interstellar robots?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:00 am 

100% certain Harold Baines has never been to the moon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:00 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
We landed on the moons of other planets

Robots

You don't believe in moon landing but you do believe in interstellar robots?

I'm talking about the rovers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:03 am 
100000 CLUB

TurdFerguson wrote:
All Bears signing Hunt jokes aside, I prefer my athletes abusive to stupid any day of the week. Irving and Curry should face the same level of ridicule as Hunt.

For NAS- With Space, what is the bridge to far? We haven't landed on the moon, did we make it to Mars, Pluto, voyager, Jupiter, Russia landing on Venus? How about Spacex landing rockets? It seems weird we could complete these other objectives, yet landing on the moon was out of bounds.

I'm not sold man has been on the moon. I don't doubt that we have landed things on the moon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Galactic Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
100% certain Harold Baines has never been to the moon.

This guy has as much business in the Hall of Fame as Harold Baines:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:04 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:06 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nardi wrote:

Great pic! I'm convinced. Did you know Toni Ferrari has her own baseball card?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Nas wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

I'm not sold man has been on the moon. I don't doubt that we have landed things on the moon.

I'm more impressed we are able to land rovers and objects on other planets. With the manned craft, someone is able to correct in realtime. With all of the other landings, distance prevents adjustment or intervention.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:14 am 
100000 CLUB

TurdFerguson wrote:
Nas wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

I'm more impressed we are able to land rovers and objects on other planets. With the manned craft, someone is able to correct in realtime. With all of the other landings, distance prevents adjustment or intervention.

Radiation. That would be a huge hurdle IMO. We don't have to worry about that for a robot. With all of our advances in technology I would think we would have taken another trip or Russia would have taken their first trip.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:16 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Great pic! I'm convinced. Did you know Toni Ferrari has her own baseball card?

Look at the extremes NASA goes even 40 years after the crime. I admire the stick-to-itiveness.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
GoldenJet wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Saying nothing at all.

Well thankfully you are here to say...everything. You are very important and everyone hangs on every word you say. That stuff on the cutting edge 4 minutes before the above quote was fucking riveting. Bless you.

More people responded or quoted me in this thread so who's really saying nothing?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next