It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:36 am 

I didn't hear this one but from what I remember before Bernstein basically was viewing it like you would any other legal contract. You want to take into account as much information as you can before you enter into something that is very messy to get out of.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I only heard the portion on how to get engaged. The legal contract aspect is good advise. Telling people how to get engaged falls into the old Terry Boers I’m not interested button territory.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:06 am 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein is a very calculated and measured guy. Along with being racist and sexist.

From grocery shopping to getting a wife. It's all about bargains and saving money. He wanted to make sure he picked a wife that wouldn't divorce his ass and take half his money. And one that wouldn't get fat. And, of course, a Jewish girl. Since Jews are the supreme humans. These things were very important to him. The same way going to the store where tomatoes are 5 cents cheaper than the other store is important to him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Panther pislA wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
Once you have SEEN divorce firsthand - once you have seen people bailing after saying "no mas" instead of figuring things out or having made a good choice of each other in the first place - I would figure that it is then always in your bag as an option. What you see the authority figures in your life do when they handle adversity, you tend to lean toward, even if only sub-consciously. That's why they say "suicide runs in the family" as well. Same principal. That's how the person you respected the most did things when the going got tough.

I nominate this for worst take of the year.

Okay. You are right. The apple does indeed fall waaay the fuck away from the tree!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your describe a subset. Yes...sometimes the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Sometimes you also just have people that get married before they're ready and are faced with a decision of being miserable for the rest of their life or correcting a mistake. Your point also disregards the MANY that stay married and are completely fucking miserable. How does that apple fall form the tree?

Divorce happens. Sometimes people just do things before they are ready or are a bad judge of character.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:31 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Fascinating to hear members of self segregated religious groups lecture others on the value of diversity and acceptance. However, the networking that takes place at worship services is how jobs/business deals are done. Sitting next to the guy that owns the local lawn care place is not quite the opportunity that sitting next to the GM's of every local radio/TV/Law firm offers. This an extremely effective network which takes care of members, but really hard to take the members seriously when they lecture the rest of us about acceptance when there is no opportunity for quid pro quo.

^America^

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Fascinating to hear members of self segregated religious groups lecture others on the value of diversity and acceptance. However, the networking that takes place at worship services is how jobs/business deals are done. Sitting next to the guy that owns the local lawn care place is not quite the opportunity that sitting next to the GM's of every local radio/TV/Law firm offers. This an extremely effective network which takes care of members, but really hard to take the members seriously when they lecture the rest of us about acceptance when there is no opportunity for quid pro quo.

^America^

A-yep.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:54 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I didn't hear this one but from what I remember before Bernstein basically was viewing it like you would any other legal contract. You want to take into account as much information as you can before you enter into something that is very messy to get out of.

I've heard that Richard Driehaus selected his first wife in a similar way as he would select a stock. That marriage ended in divorce. I don't know what due diligence he did on his second marriage.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
This is the stuff all great love stories are based on. Weight and checklists. I'm surprised they don't have a movie based on them. The sex has to be phenomenal!

I'm sure they are content, they both get to live life pretty much how they want. There is comfort, security, and stability but oooof. I don't think it would be for me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Spaulding wrote:
This is the stuff all great love stories are based on. Weight and checklists. I'm surprised they don't have a movie based on them. The sex has to be phenomenal!

I'm sure they are content, they both get to live life pretty much how they want. There is comfort, security, and stability but oooof. I don't think it would be for me.

It is a bit weird but who’s to say? Bernie seems to get up get kids to school go to gym work shop on way home make dinner for kids eat by himself later sleep and repeat.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:24 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

The greatest love story in history ends up with both of them dead. I'll take the Bernstein approach.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

The greatest love story in history ends up with both of them dead. I'll take the Bernstein approach.

Maybe you and Douchebag can get that baker in Colorado to bake a cake for you.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.