PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:42 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
There was a good 5 year run of MJH that lessened the Bernstein "hate."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
doug - evergreen park wrote:

It is funny I never heard a day of B&B while MJH existed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:53 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i would listen during commercials. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
pittmike wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:

It is funny I never heard a day of B&B while MJH existed.
According to the ratings, not MANY did.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
GoldenJet wrote:
I thought he and doink were intentionally obtuse when they were harshing on callers who said they loved baseball but had never seen Trout play. The callers clearly were referring to Trout being on the West Coast where the games start too late for the evening highlights. They beat the stupid bit into the ground.

Now he writes a piece basically agreeing with the callers he was picking on. Bernstein, WYC?!

https://670thescore.radio.com/bernstein ... llenge-mlb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I can't see Bernstein still being at the station past the end of his current contract. He only has four decent options:
1. WMVP to replace Kaplan, so essentially a swap. Would probably be 1-3 as they'd bring in LeBatard in syndication for 9-12.
2. WGN, to remake himself as a general talk host
3. National on a second tier network like CBS Sports Radio or NBC Sports Radio.
4. Some kind of half-hour argument show on CSN, maybe him vs. Goff... :)

He's never done the TV thing as far as I can remember - no appearances on SportsTalk Live or Chicago Week in Review?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Nunzio’s
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
How do you get in that mindset where you are analyzing a recliner? That is just weird.
By talking about Penn State all day every day for about 4 years.

This is a minority opinion but hear me out....

The Penn State thing was great work. Let me explain why. There were people in the audience that knew something was off. They knew something happened. They thought they were the only ones. They thought something was wrong with them. They didn’t understand the full context of it until B&B talked about PSU and the disgraced coaches and board, the cover ups, the justifications. It helped open their eyes to realize they weren’t alone. It helped open their eyes to the reality of their trauma. It gave understanding to their negative thoughts, protective personality’s (sp), struggles with addictions, etc. There are people in the audience that will be forever greatful for the work B&B, especially Bernstein, did over that time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

He's never done the TV thing as far as I can remember - no appearances on SportsTalk Live or Chicago Week in Review?

check please

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:50 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I can't see Bernstein still being at the station past the end of his current contract. He only has four decent options:
1. WMVP to replace Kaplan, so essentially a swap. Would probably be 1-3 as they'd bring in LeBatard in syndication for 9-12.
2. WGN, to remake himself as a general talk host
3. National on a second tier network like CBS Sports Radio or NBC Sports Radio.
4. Some kind of half-hour argument show on CSN, maybe him vs. Goff... :)

He used to do the channel 5 Sunday night show, a/k/a "The Be Horny To Paula Faris Sunday Spectacular," a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bobfrom815 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
How do you get in that mindset where you are analyzing a recliner? That is just weird.
By talking about Penn State all day every day for about 4 years.

This is a minority opinion but hear me out....

The Penn State thing was great work. Let me explain why. There were people in the audience that knew something was off. They knew something happened. They thought they were the only ones. They thought something was wrong with them. They didn’t understand the full context of it until B&B talked about PSU and the disgraced coaches and board, the cover ups, the justifications. It helped open their eyes to realize they weren’t alone. It helped open their eyes to the reality of their trauma. It gave understanding to their negative thoughts, protective personality’s (sp), struggles with addictions, etc. There are people in the audience that will be forever greatful for the work B&B, especially Bernstein, did over that time.

Seeing this is from a poster named Bob815, I am assuming this is shtick or just trying to be funny. PSU is what destroyed the show and it went on after PSU.

Yes, when things came out about PSU we all knew it was wrong. There were 1000 people talking about it. Why Dan decided to dedicate the entire show for a year was just so weird. Yes....anyone with a pulse knows what happened was vile and Pateno/Sandusky are gonna rot for it and deserved the max. To spend over a year on it??

Its the virtue signaling of Bernstein and later him and Goff that destroyed the show.

I know everyone on twitter/social media mentions the Boobs comment whenever Dan says anything, but I would never attack him for that for it was not a big deal. People say shit and are hypocrites. Has gotten worse since now all they care about are likes/clicks on social media and tend to think that is all that matters. It isnt

Hell Parkins always references twitter followers to people. While I enjoy twitter, it is not the majority or even close right now. Might be in the future.

Oh well, I am guessing Dan's creepy cameo videos will be going up in price now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bobfrom815 wrote:

I'd suggest these people leave their houses once in a while.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Nunzio’s
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Bobfrom815 wrote:

That’s a great suggestion but I think you & cookie are missing my point.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Bobfrom815 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Bobfrom815 wrote:

That’s a great suggestion but I think you & cookie are missing my point.

Welcome to the board Danny

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:19 am 

Kirkwood wrote:

check please

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE LATKE!!!