It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Anyone still listen to the show.......anyone?......Bueller?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
cookie23 wrote:
Anyone still listen to the show.......anyone?......Bueller?

Do you have a link?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Feder released them today. Not good for Score or 1000, but Julie and Maggie won an award.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
As always we get misleading assumptions from non-specific ratings. Why do we go through this every quarter?

From Feder’s blog...
Note: In accordance with Nielsen’s publishing guidelines, I cannot report actual audience shares other than those for the full week (below). For mornings, middays, afternoons and evenings, I can list only their rankings — not specific shares.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Rosenthal shared the rankings and did some implication of the distance between them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Thanks for the tip newper. He actually provides some perspective although he references the dog days of sports talk at the end.

From Rosenthal...

Nielsen restricts how much of its proprietary data can be reported and in what ways. When it comes to demographic groups, for example, the actual audience estimates cannot be shared, but they can be characterized.

The targeted demographic totals are critical when it comes to radio because, as in television, that is the basis on which advertising is bought and sold.

WSCR, the sixth-ranked station in the demo during the ratings period, enjoyed a healthy advantage on 15th-ranked WMVP across the entire broadcast day as well as weekdays from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., when the Score was fourth and ESPN 1000 11th with that audience segment.

Through this demographic prism, the most competitive show ESPN 1000 has is “Waddle and Silvy” in afternoon drive.

This ratings period ended the day before both the opening of the Cubs season on flagship WSCR and the WSCR schedule realignment to carve out two midday hours for Laurence Holmes, a move that synced its weekday schedule and shows with rival WMVP.

In their 2-6 p.m. time slot, Tom Waddle and Marc Silverman’s No. 7 show was within striking distance of the final four hours of No. 5 “McNeil and Parkins,” the Score’s Dan McNeil and Danny Parkins.
(Since the end of the ratings period, the two Dans no longer start their show at 1 p.m., just as WSCR’s Dan Bernstein and Connor McKnight end at noon rather than 1 p.m.)

Most successful in WSCR’s weekday lineup is “Mully and Haugh,” the morning drive pairing of Mike Mulligan and David Haugh, a Tribune special contributor who replaced veteran Score personality Brian Hanley this summer.
No. 3 “Mully and Haugh” tops ESPN’s nationally syndicated “Golic and Wingo,” which ranked No. 9 in the demographic. But the margin between the two is far greater than those rankings might suggest.

Similarly, the margin between No. 9 “Bernstein and McKnight” and David Kaplan’s WMVP 17th-ranked weekday show between 9 a.m. and noon is closer than the rankings imply.

Meanwhile, ESPN 1000’s Carmen DeFalco and John Jurkovic, now competing with Holmes from noon to 2 p.m., struggled against the Score combo of “Bernstein and McKnight” and “McNeil” and Parkins.” That one came out WSCR sixth, WMVP 14th.

But it’s the Drive that triumphs over all these programs among men 25-54 except for morning drive, when Eric Ferguson’s “Eric in the Morning” on WTMX-FM 101.9 is king of the hill.

Overall or weekdays between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m., the only way the sports-talk outlets beat WDRV is by combining their ratings, and it’s not as though they would win in a rout.

Chalk one up for Springstreen over spring training.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:00 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
cookie23 wrote:
Feder released them today. Not good for Score or 1000, but Julie and Maggie won an award.

Julie and Maggie bought an award.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:27 am 

____ Industry's 40 Under 40!