It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

I got that he said nothing about him based on posts here.

Ok. Fine. Bernstein hated him because Chet said some anti Jewish stuff in a voice mail to SCORE people

So does that mean people won't celebrate Bernstein at death because he proved to be a sexist with his tweet? Not to mention when Bernstein used to celebrate "boobie season". Very sexist. Bernstein stopped doing that after his sexist tweet. Bernstein has also stopped using the phrase "Wang whipper" to describe black basketball players. Which was code for the N word.

Is antisemitism worse then being sexist or using code words for the N word? I would say they are all equally bad.

Because I've heard lots of Jewish people speak highly of Chet.

So maybe that was an angry moment for Chet when he did those voice mails. Just like maybe it was a drunken moment for Bernstein when he did his sexist tweet. (Meaning 2 glasses of wine) Who knows? Maybe it's really who both of them are. I don't know.

One thing I know. Bernstein wasn't angry or drunk when tossing around "Wang Whipper" on the air.

Just asking?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
What's your views on the Kate Smith controversy?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/us/kate- ... index.html

(CNN)For years, baseball's New York Yankees and hockey's Philadelphia Flyers have played singer Kate Smith's famous rendition of "God Bless America" during games.

But those long-time traditions have been halted over allegations that other songs performed by Smith -- one of America's biggest singing stars during the early 20th century -- are racist.
Smith is closely tied to the NHL's Philadelphia Flyers because she performed "God Bless America" before Flyers games in the 1970s. A year after her 1986 death, the team erected a statue in her honor outside of its arena.
Now the team won't play her version of the song during games and will cover up her statue.
"We have recently become aware that several songs performed by Kate Smith contain offensive lyrics that do not reflect our values as an organization," the Flyers said in a statement to CNN.
"As we continue to look into this serious matter, we are removing Kate Smith's recording of 'God Bless America' from our library and covering up the statue that stands outside of our arena."
The Yankees said the team also was no longer playing Smith's iconic 1939 version of the song. It had been a fixture at games since the September 11, 2001, attacks, the team said. It got pulled three games into the season on April 1.
The controversial songs
One of them is her 1931 rendition of "That's Why Darkies Were Born," which has lyrics that read:
"Someone had to pick the cotton,
Someone had to plant the corn,
Someone had to slave and be able to sing,
That's why darkies were born"
The other is her 1933 recording, "Pickaninny Heaven," which asks "colored children" living in an orphanage to dream about a magical place "great big watermelons."
In a statement, the Yankees said they had "been made aware of a recording that had been previously unknown to us and decided to immediately and carefully review this new information. The Yankees take social, racial and cultural insensitivities very seriously. And while no final conclusions have been made, we are erring on the side of sensitivity."
Her version of the song has been replaced with other versions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:15 am 

Soon after Benstein's death a Bear fan will call the station asking to speak to Dan. The producer will respond "I'm sorry Dan died the other day".

A few minutes later the same caller will call again asking to speak to Dan. The producer will respond "I'm sorry, Dan is dead".

A few minutes later the same caller will call a third time asking to speak to Dan. The exasperated producer will respond "Why do you keep calling asking for Dan. I have already told you twice and I will tell you again that Dan passed the other day". The caller will respond, "I know you told me. I just like the sound of that information"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I'm going to request La Marseillaise.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:55 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Soon after Benstein's death a Bear fan will call the station asking to speak to Dan. The producer will respond "I'm sorry Dan died the other day".

A few minutes later the same caller will call again asking to speak to Dan. The producer will respond "I'm sorry, Dan is dead".

A few minutes later the same caller will call a third time asking to speak to Dan. The exasperated producer will respond "Why do you keep calling asking for Dan. I have already told you twice and I will tell you again that Dan passed the other day". The caller will respond, "I know you told me. I just like the sound of that information"

:lol: Thought you'd get the Buddy Rich joke past an old jazz band kid?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
"This guy....This guy is not my kind of guy"

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:58 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'm working my balls off trying to do someone a favor and you motherfuckers are sucking all over this joint!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

:lol: Thought you'd get the Buddy Rich joke past an old jazz band kid?

The drummer with James Coburn's face!