It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
Jaw Breaker wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
B & B should do "Who you crappin" on Terry's next visit. I never missed one. It was pure gold.

It was okay, but better during the HFC days. I think the producers kept the idiots away who didn't have a clue on the essence of the bit. Plus, Bernstein would spend half the segment reading "listener" pontifications that supported his own political viewpoints, despite their own warning to limit the craps to sports.

And fucking Mr. Burns every damn week. That guy sucked.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
My take is some don't like people like Connor that are just plain vanilla. Nothing special there. Others have called him a Bernsie clone. I don't really see that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
pittmike wrote:
My take is some don't like people like Connor that are just plain vanilla. Nothing special there. Others have called him a Bernsie clone. I don't really see that.

His opinions are fine and personality is vanilla. Which isn't bad, but he doesn't have a vanilla delivery...his pauses, overemphasizing, and verbosity come across as smarmy and once in your head is a literally tough listen. Goff had this problem too with the vocal tics and console-pounding.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Exile on Route 41 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
B & B should do "Who you crappin" on Terry's next visit. I never missed one. It was pure gold.

It was okay, but better during the HFC days. I think the producers kept the idiots away who didn't have a clue on the essence of the bit. Plus, Bernstein would spend half the segment reading "listener" pontifications that supported his own political viewpoints, despite their own warning to limit the craps to sports.

And fucking Mr. Burns every damn week. That guy sucked.

Who Ya Crappin died when it became the same group of Bernstein ass kissing retards each week.

Also, Bernstein probably wrote all of the "e-mail" submitted craps.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: anywhere but Jet's
W_Z wrote:
Luke Stuckenhymer wrote:
PC culture forced so many great drops into retirement:
"Gay!" (lenny from the simpsons)

that drop is homer saying "gay".

There were two Simpsons drops. One was Homer, the other was this one (at 0:57), which I think is Lenny:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMvf1er3o3o#t=57s

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:45 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't think that's Lenny, but I knew immediately what you meant by "the other gay drop." The Homer one is cut out from when he reads Uruguay as "you are gay."

That audio took me right back to the good old days, wow.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Curious Hair wrote:
I don't think that's Lenny, but I knew immediately what you meant by "the other gay drop." The Homer one is cut out from when he reads Uruguay as "you are gay."

That audio took me right back to the good old days, wow.

TB Diddlers
Count F.a.g.ula

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5