It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Tall Midget wrote:
This reunion show is so much more joyful than the daily drudgery of the Bernstein/McKnight experience.

Bernstein and McKnight must despise one another.

They like each other. Issue is when you are listening to the show its Bernstein and a poorly designed Bernstein clone.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I like Terry on these reunion shows, but we all know he would check out after 3 days if he were to ever return from retirement.

He basically checked out from his actual job pre-retirement once Penn State hit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It's pretty sad that the only thing the station has left to entertain us is nostalgia.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:34 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
It's pretty sad that the only thing the station has left to entertain us is nostalgia.

Afternoons are still fine. Danny Mac is away at his annual fishing trip though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
At times it can feel like a living memorial but Uncle Terry seems to enjoy it.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:49 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Mike in Milwaukee may be kaput?? :(

I would guess cirrhosis of the liver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
The transition with morning robots Mulligan and haugh was uninspiring.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Interesting Matt Abbatacola is moonlighting waiting tables. He played a part in some classic score radio. Parkins and Speigel hang on.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:58 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Interesting Matt Abbatacola is moonlighting waiting tables. He played a part in some classic score radio. Parkins and Speigel hang on.

He was always a hard worker.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Rongey comedy bits ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEZnLw7uhYk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:25 pm 

Great show today.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:30 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Great show today.

Yep.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

He was always a hard worker.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:53 pm 

Listening to the podcast. Great stuff. I don't think I knew that Jason Benetti was an intern for them.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:07 pm 

Time Traveling Terry Boers on Twitter

https://twitter.com/boerstime?lang=en

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Don Tiny wrote:

:lol:
Thank for this. Good times.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:52 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo6XltXHwdE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Great show. Died when they fingered Bob from Niles for the Epstein (Jeffrey) "suicide." I was sweating, or crying, for at least a minute from laughing. Nice mix of current and nostalgia all day. Once per month would be great but it probably undermines the current show. But listening to the podcast was so much fun. Sorry angry people.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
shout to QCP for being the least funny and or interesting caller.

connor mcknight is back tomorrow and literally zero radio listeners are excited about that... think about it. nobody understood why you got the gig and 1.5 years later you are a negative WAR radio host.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
billypootons wrote:
shout to QCP for being the least funny and or interesting caller.

connor mcknight is back tomorrow and literally zero radio listeners are excited about that... think about it. nobody understood why you got the gig and 1.5 years later you are a negative WAR radio host.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
A fun listen. In the day, B & B got a lot of listeners by how pissed off people were at them. Mocking Ron Santo's illness, mocking minorities & special needs people, and so on. The new saint Terry is still better than most of what the score offers now. I thought Terry was better with Mac than Bernstein in reunions. Abbatacola sounded pretty pitiful. And no Les fuck ups?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Danny did make a point to toss in "Lou Brock sucks".

Didn't they already talk about the Penn State enough? They need to wax nostalgic about how proud they were of those shows...and how positive it was for listeners, many of whom randomly confess their abuse to Bernie. Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Drop In wrote:
Great show. Died when they fingered Bob from Niles for the Epstein (Jeffrey) "suicide." I was sweating, or crying, for at least a minute from laughing. Nice mix of current and nostalgia all day. Once per month would be great but it probably undermines the current show. But listening to the podcast was so much fun. Sorry angry people.

Drop In Droppin' In!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I listened to the podcast last night. Hours 1 and 2 and the first half of the Rongey interview were great. I would have liked a little more new thoughts, but Terry provided enough.

The last half hour dragged a lot and I'm pretty sure I fell asleep a couple of times.

Terry would be a good 45 minute addition to an existing show once every 6-7 weeks. But more than that drags out too much.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
these shows are always full of trickery. they make you think oh man what have we done (as if we had anything to do with it). our daily griping about how awful B&B had become led to the changes that brought us the disasters that were goff and now mcknight. Hearing rongey, hearing matty, the current state of the score or at least dan's show makes you long for the days.

But we forget that the last handful of years of B&B were actually rrrrreally bad. the PSU stuff set off a new dan looking for the limelight and birthed an uninterested boers who was ready to be done.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:52 am 

hnd wrote:
these shows are always full of trickery. they make you think oh man what have we done (as if we had anything to do with it). our daily griping about how awful B&B had become led to the changes that brought us the disasters that were goff and now mcknight. Hearing rongey, hearing matty, the current state of the score or at least dan's show makes you long for the days.

But we forget that the last handful of years of B&B were actually rrrrreally bad. the PSU stuff set off a new dan looking for the limelight and birthed an uninterested boers who was ready to be done.

It has been this way since the board was created. The shows suck now. They used to be great.

People still try and act like Spiegel and Goff was good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:07 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
vitoscotti wrote:

Making more money doing that then he did at the Score

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
really funny show. All shows are uneven by nature, but I tuned into B&B every day until the end, because there wasn't a potentially funner show out there talking sports. They've still got 'IT" whatever it is. Any more get-togethers though, as others have already opined, will just show how bad the Bernsie/McKnight pairing are. They're just not funny together. It's Dan and Dan Jr. It doesn't work.

But this was great. I feel happy inside.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:59 am 

Seacrest wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Making more money doing that then he did at the Score

4 kids with 3 women is expensive

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good show. Helped that it was a relatively dead time in the sports calendar so they could do more silly shit.

The calls with Matty ("ADP" in the eighty-three voice :lol:) and Rongey were very good. The calls from "B&B callers" were skipped.

"second-hand news" was great. And Dan jokes about this, but it IS better than "Midday Midway" because that segment beyond the horrible name is just clones reading stuff I already saw on Deadspin. Totally different era when it's Terry reading and Tannehill making the hockey organ drops. Also that segment ruled if only for Dan's bit as Edgar Allan Poe pitching "The Tell-tale Bulge"

As said in so many ways in this thread: this day showed less that there needs to be a B&B reunion and more that McKnight blows.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next