It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
I know there is a thread out there way back in his rookie year of me saying he would hold the team keeping him in the minors against them and Cub fans calling me a troll.

:lol: Well you are a troll. You seem to think Cub fans are upset that he’s “ pissed” and will now hold it against them ( if that’s even the case ) He’s going to be 31 in 2 years , I don’t want the Cubs giving him 300 million anyway. He has Boras as an agent for a reason, he’s going to want astronomical dollars regardless. It’s actually a win . He wants to get paid in two years he better fucking rake unless he’s really going to show the Cubs how mad he is by pouting , playing shitty then in 2 years try and convince teams that he was just joking and now he’ll really play well for your team . Really he will !!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:15 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Kris Bryant has already made over $25 million in his career. He will likely make another $35-40 mil before he leaves the Cubs.

I don't feel sorry for him or the Cubs. Bryant should be pissed at the MLBPA more than anybody else. Sure, keeping him down was a dick move. But it was a dick move allowed within the rules that the Cubs followed and do not have to apologize for doing so.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:31 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I know there is a thread out there way back in his rookie year of me saying he would hold the team keeping him in the minors against them and Cub fans calling me a troll.

:lol: Well you are a troll. You seem to think Cub fans are upset that he’s “ pissed” and will now hold it against them ( if that’s even the case ) He’s going to be 31 in 2 years , I don’t want the Cubs giving him 300 million anyway. He has Boras as an agent for a reason, he’s going to want astronomical dollars regardless. It’s actually a win . He wants to get paid in two years he better fucking rake unless he’s really going to show the Cubs how mad he is by pouting , playing shitty then in 2 years try and convince teams that he was just joking and now he’ll really play well for your team . Really he will !!

:lol: Yeah if the Cubs had brought him up early Good Dolphin would have had 25 different threads on how dumb the Cubs were for not getting another year of control on a Boras client.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Last edited by conns7901 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
conns7901 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

:lol: Yeah if the Cubs had brought him up early Good Dolphin would have had 25 different threads on how dumb the Cubs were for not getting another year of control on a Boars client.

Does it change the fact that the guy's an entitled Millennial who thinks that the rules can be negotiated when he feels necessary?

I respect him, though, because it was obvious that he was obviously playing hurt two years ago and even last year. It will be interesting to see how he bounces back this year (if he's on the Cubs).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
good dolphin wrote:

not earth shattering...Gordon Wittenmeyer said the same thing, as did I.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Odd to hear Bernstein rip Cub fans for not liking Bryant. Don't think he realizes these are no longer the lovable losers, winning changed everything for this team and fans not expect the team to compete. If Bryant has no intention of signing with Cubs it makes perfect sense to trade him when you can get the most for him instead of only getting a draft pick when he signs with another team. Goes back to the Branch Rickey ideal of trading a player a year early when his value is highest instead of waiting until the players trade value declines.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:10 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Yeah, GD thinks he's the Polish columbo. No shit he's pissed, he raked and got butt fucked by the collectively bargained contract. I don't blame either side.. I'm a cub fan though, I don't want this soft pussy making 30 Mill a year on my team after he blew his load in 16'.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:23 am 

pizza_Place: Burts place
Pathetic that many Sox fans in the midst of the great rebuild are still obsessed with the Cubs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:35 am 

312player wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Yeah, GD thinks he's the Polish columbo. .

Columbo was the Polish "columbo".

I'd say "now don't you feel stupid" if I didn't already know you felt that way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:36 am 

Bababooey wrote:
Pathetic that many Sox fans in the midst of the great rebuild are still obsessed with the Cubs.

Your most active forum is the White Sox section.
Your most active topic is the White Sox 2019 offseason thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:59 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bababooey wrote:

Your most active forum is the White Sox section.
Your most active topic is the White Sox 2019 offseason thread.

Babablownup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nice try, he was a Russian Jew.. I saw a documentary on him 10 years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:40 am 

312player wrote:
Nice try, he was a Russian Jew.. I saw a documentary on him 10 years ago.

from Wikipedia:

Both of his parents were Jewish,[8] coming from Poland and Russia on his father's side,[9] and from Hungary and Łabowa, Nowy Sącz County, Poland, on his mother's side. Falk grew up in Ossining, New York.[