It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
DAC wrote:
Surprised Bernstein didn't talk about the major problem in Trevor Bauer's painter analogy. Painters are paid for their finished product not the actual activity of them painting. The apartment owner will still have the newly painted apartments NEXT YEAR which is why the painters should not be paid less. Maybe the apartment owner should only paint the apartments he/she will rent. In the case of baseball, the value is the live entertainment not the product of the game being played. The owners will never recover the value from the lost revenue of these games this season unlike the apartment owner who will still have the product (painted apartments) after the year is over. Now, I am on the side of the players but Bauer's analogy is flawed.

Although I agree with that, and frankly, find it quite obvious, I'm not sure that bernstein sees it that way. If he did he wouldn't constantly repeat the idiotic proclamation that "championships are all that matter."

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
The Bernstein I was such of a fan of pre-PSU is back. Without the PTFB Goff or incredibly annoying McKnight, Bernstein is back to being crisp and sharp with excellent insight and observations. No longer do we have the SJW bullshit with Goff or the who-can-be-the-most-witty competition with McKnight. I still think a contributing producer would be a welcomed addition to the show but Bernstein can definitely run a quality solo show. With an entertaining show of Mac and Parkins and a vastly improving Bernstein show, I am quite happy with my listening options on the Score.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I've checked out his solo show and it is better than his last run in drive time with Goff and his time with McKnight. The problem is his time slot competes with Dan Patrick, Howard, and Smerconish. His show is fourth on that list for me.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Franky T wrote:
I've checked out his solo show and it is better than his last run in drive time with Goff and his time with McKnight. The problem is his time slot competes with Dan Patrick, Howard, and Smerconish. His show is fourth on that list for me.
But didn't we largely say the same thing about Bernstein & McKnight for the first few months? I remember us being delighted that they were talking about sports, local sports, and not veering too far into the realm of Twitter SJW-ism. But then sure enough, the show is carving out time to discuss how great it is that Addison Russell's section in Baseball Prospectus this year is just the domestic violence hotline number.

Dan's going to Dan whenever he has another panic attack that all of his friends are more successful and important than he is, and without the limiter of a co-host, we'll have PSU Rape Radio back on the airwaves.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Bernstein is George Bailey. He was going to see the world and lasso the moon. 25 years later he's still at the old Building and loan.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:26 am 

Title should be Bernstein Deserves Hate

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
He often tries to read too much into a situation, as if he has uncovered someone's ulterior motive. Or, he'll insist a team or business is doing something the wrong way and proposes what they should do (if they were smart....). When he has a guest on who is close to the situation and PRESENTS. HIS. THEORY. the guest will often say "Well..."

I get a chuckle when something he has essentially presented as fact (only to later say "No, No, show me where I said..." if someone brings it up) is dismissed by someone with more knowledge of the situation.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:24 am 
1000 CLUB

DAC wrote:
The Bernstein I was such of a fan of pre-PSU is back. Without the PTFB Goff or incredibly annoying McKnight, Bernstein is back to being crisp and sharp with excellent insight and observations. No longer do we have the SJW bullshit with Goff or the who-can-be-the-most-witty competition with McKnight. I still think a contributing producer would be a welcomed addition to the show but Bernstein can definitely run a quality solo show. With an entertaining show of Mac and Parkins and a vastly improving Bernstein show, I am quite happy with my listening options on the Score.

He spends large portions of his show though telling his listeners that that they are some combination of racist, uncaring, and selfish for wanting to begin to return to normal. He is only listening to "what doctors say" and is in this extreme camp of staying closed as long as there is a threat from COVID-19 regardless of the economic destruction.

I wouldn't call any of his positions on this topic excellent insight and the SJW bullshit is back.

He is talented and is capable of doing a one person show, but could live without the political/social shaming having a different view than him.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Easy for a wealthy person or somebody on the North Shore to feel that way. They think they are fighting for the little guy but really they are hurting them. What does he care though, he's rich? Maybe if he says the right things he'll never have to do the right things. It's why I don't understand the support for Bernie Sanders.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
BD wrote:
DAC wrote:

He spends large portions of his show though telling his listeners that that they are some combination of racist, uncaring, and selfish for wanting to begin to return to normal. He is only listening to "what doctors say" and is in this extreme camp of staying closed as long as there is a threat from COVID-19 regardless of the economic destruction.

I wouldn't call any of his positions on this topic excellent insight and the SJW bullshit is back.

He is talented and is capable of doing a one person show, but could live without the political/social shaming having a different view than him.

So you are right winger who has been spoon-fed their talking points and Bernstein annoys you. Noted.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

DAC wrote:
BD wrote:
DAC wrote:

So you are right winger who has been spoon-fed their talking points and Bernstein annoys you. Noted.

Do you have to be a right winger to be annoyed by Dan Bernstein's arrogance? His positions on COVID-19 are extreme, wrong and dangerous.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:02 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
DAC wrote:

Bernstein has never worked a day in his life. Let's take our cues from him. Noted.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Spaulding wrote:
DAC wrote:

Bernstein has never worked a day in his life. Let's take our cues from him. Noted.

He's never operated a lawn mower. True story

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bernstein had on the writer of a story about Pac-Mans 40th anniversary for Smithsonian. He was overloading her with his gamer geek knowledge. Then, he brings up the dark side of gaming. He then zeros in on specifically "Angry White Males" (of course). Here's a guy around 50 still into video games? I'm not too up on video game stuff. But, a lot of society misfit shooters all seem to be adults who are video gamers of all races living in a fantasy world.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
vitoscotti wrote:
Bernstein had on the writer of a story about Pac-Mans 40th anniversary for Smithsonian. He was overloading her with his gamer geek knowledge. Then, he brings up the dark side of gaming. He then zeros in on specifically "Angry White Males" (of course). Here's a guy around 50 still into video games? I'm not too up on video game stuff. But, a lot of society misfit shooters all seem to be adults who are video gamers of all races living in a fantasy world.

He didn't try to bring up GamerGate did he?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
It's been 40 years... wow, I feel even older now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5