It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
DAC wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Bernstein and Speigs would be a total train wreck

I disagree. Spiegs couldnt give two fucks about sucking up to Dan.

I agree that Spiegs would “stand up” to Dan in a way that only Parkins would do. Mac isn’t intimated by Bernsie but he’s too disinterested to give a sh day after day. And the station would be better served with Bernsie and Parkins driving different time slots.

I agree. A Bernstein and Spiegel show would not have worked in the past but they have both been taken down a couple notches since their adversarial Transition days. Spiegel would just be happy to have a show and Bernstein would know that the next move for him would be a firing. Like I wrote a couple days ago you need to make two shows out of Parkins, Mac, Bernstein, and Spiegel. Bernstein and Parkins need to be the show drivers.

This guy get it

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:14 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
RFDC wrote:
And why is that?

I have actually listened to the Score for years. I listened to Meat with Mac, Meat with Goff, Meat with Parkins...and I have listened to Mac since his days on the Heavy Fuel Crew thru this show with Parkins. I would venture to say I have listened to as much Meat and Mac as anyone on this board.

No one cares about your listening resume.

Dan is no longer aggressive and Spiegs has ironed out the sensitivity

That’s the point

:lol:

Neither of those things is true.

Mac may not be as aggressive as he once was, but he is still Mac.

And even more stupid is to say Meatpants has ironed out his sensitivity. And you are basing this on what? His weekend baseball show or his few times as a fill in host? Neither of those are a good judge. You put him in a regular show every day and you will see the same ole sensitive meatpants.

You don’t know shit.

You got the wrong dan, dipshit

Bernsie or Mac, the point remains the same.

Meat could not hang and would get his feelings hurt all the time. He is much better served in his current role

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Yeah I agree. Meat is way too sensitive.
Anyone saying otherwise is just suffering recency bias.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

I disagree.

I think Bernstein and Spiegel would be a good pairing.

Would Spiegel get sensitive over things Benrstein says? Yes. But that makes for good radio.

And Spiegel would get over it. He's shown that through the years with his relationship with Bernstein. They fight. Then they're cool and have some good conversations.

No different then all of you and your wives. Your wives hate you for a little bit. Then get over it. Same with me and my "Girl chained to the furnace."

It's better radio then Connor and Bernstein. Where Connor nods to everything Bernstein says and they never fight.

Fights are good on radio. Listeners like it. We all loved "Boers vs Murph" for those many years. But that was true hate on both ends.

Spiegel and Bernstein don't actually hate each other.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:23 pm 

It would be better than with McDoink. No one is disagreeing with that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:31 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Meat could not hang and would get his feelings hurt all the time. He is much better served in his current role

Your extreme bias is showing.

Agree to disagree

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
RFDC wrote:

I like mcdoink.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:33 pm 

McDoink should be dead. And Mulli should be necktied next

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:33 pm 

Darkside wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I like mcdoink.

Not possible

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:34 pm 

Darkside wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I like mcdoink.

As a person he seems like a great dude. I feel bad he lost his job. But he is just not good at radio, at least not paired with Bernsie

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bernsie is always better solo or with a partner that can challenge him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Tension makes for good radio. That's one of the reasons that Bernstein and McKnight didn't work. Therefore, I think a Mac or Speigs pairing with Bernstein would, at least for a year or two, be entertaining. Also, it's fun to knock Bernstein, but he is easily one of the current top three hosts on the station, and I would argue is one of the top three hosts over the last fifteen years. The guy deserves some credit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Curious Hair wrote:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-chicago-bulls-white-sox-garpax-20200408-7zwltuibnbb2hht2jjnwok2sgq-story.html

Quote:
I’m not an expert in Bulls etymology, so I asked a veteran Bulls writer about who invented the ubiquitous GarPax nickname that has defined an era. The earliest mention I found in the Tribune archives was a letter to the editor in 2010 pleading for “GARPAX” to consummate a deal bringing Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls. But the Bulls writer informed me it was a mystery, and I couldn’t find anyone taking credit, so perhaps we’ll never know.

I am pretty sure Bernstein coined "GarPax." Gotta give him credit there.

Bernstein is the most influential figure in Chicago sports media over the past 25 years.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tall Midget wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-chicago-bulls-white-sox-garpax-20200408-7zwltuibnbb2hht2jjnwok2sgq-story.html

Quote:
I’m not an expert in Bulls etymology, so I asked a veteran Bulls writer about who invented the ubiquitous GarPax nickname that has defined an era. The earliest mention I found in the Tribune archives was a letter to the editor in 2010 pleading for “GARPAX” to consummate a deal bringing Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls. But the Bulls writer informed me it was a mystery, and I couldn’t find anyone taking credit, so perhaps we’ll never know.

Bernstein is the most influential figure in Chicago sports media over the past 25 years.

That is so wrong. Half the city has no idea who he is. Mark Giangreco is bigger than Bernsie could ever hope to be. Bernsie isn’t shit. That is why he started with the whole Penn State thing. To think Bernsie is huge in the world let alone Chicago makes me think less of you TM.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:

That is so wrong. Half the city has no idea who he is. Mark Giangreco is bigger than Bernsie could ever hope to be. Bernsie isn’t shit. That is why he started with the whole Penn State thing. To think Bernsie is huge in the world let alone Chicago makes me think less of you TM.

Mark Giangreco was an important sports figure in like 1991. Now he's a guy who desperately is trying to hang onto his youth and just phones it in for a living.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:

Sure, Giangreco is more famous. But he hasn't had an impact on the sports media landscape in decades. Bernstein has framed the way many reporters and fans think about sports for more than 20 years.

I don't think his impact has been positive, but I do think it is pervasive.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:59 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:

Oh man, Spaulding is not going to be happy. She is going to give you a piece of her mind :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
I disagree.

I think Bernstein and Spiegel would be a good pairing.

Would Spiegel get sensitive over things Benrstein says? Yes. But that makes for good radio.

And Spiegel would get over it. He's shown that through the years with his relationship with Bernstein. They fight. Then they're cool and have some good conversations.

No different then all of you and your wives. Your wives hate you for a little bit. Then get over it. Same with me and my "Girl chained to the furnace."

It's better radio then Connor and Bernstein. Where Connor nods to everything Bernstein says and they never fight.

Fights are good on radio. Listeners like it. We all loved "Boers vs Murph" for those many years. But that was true hate on both ends.

Spiegel and Bernstein don't actually hate each other.

I would like a show where the hosts don't agree with each other on every topic.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Tall Midget wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:

And he's struggling not to drown.
No one is beating down Steve Dahl's door. It is what it is.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
vitoscotti wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Bernsie would wipe the floor with Spiegel. He hates him. He hates him because of how he looks. He would never respect him in any way and would eventually allow his feelings out.

The pint sized big nosed Jew mocking how someone looks?

Just what the board needs...another racist.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:22 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Tall Midget wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
FrankDrebin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:

The only thing Kap influences is people to change the dial.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Tall Midget wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:

Sure, Giangreco is more famous. But he hasn't had an impact on the sports media landscape in decades. Bernstein has framed the way many reporters and fans think about sports for more than 20 years.

Exactly right.

He's influenced people for the worse, but to deny his influence on sports media is just silly.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:

Exactly right.

He's influenced people for the worse, but to deny his influence on sports media is just silly.

Just because someone is popular does not mean they are influential. Bernstein turned on a lot of listeners to metrics and critical analysis of the local teams in a way that no other local member of the sports media has. What did Giangreco really do besides being quirky and a little sarcastic?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:49 pm 

Some posters’ propensity for mega quote strings is the herpes of this board

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
To use dumb sports cliches, Dan is a high ceiling guy on a station full of low floors.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Bernstein and Rosner might have been interesting..
Any chance Rosner would ever want to come back to the score if given a chance?.. Did they ever name a new Saturday scorecard golf host?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn...Frozen!
Golf Boy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I don't think pairing Spiegel and Bernstein would work. Matt positively hates Dan down to his essence, and has too much pride in being the "here's how I really feel" guy to not derail shows constantly over quibbles with Dan.

Remember the "Babe damn Ruth" spring/summer, which I think was 2015? Spiegel killed countless transitions picking fights with Bernstein over inanities because Dan used a quote from an unnamed scout that Matt thought he had exclusivity on.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:01 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Bernsie would wipe the floor with Spiegel. He hates him. He hates him because of how he looks. He would never respect him in any way and would eventually allow his feelings out.

The pint sized big nosed Jew mocking how someone looks?

Just what the board needs...another racist.

98 year old Carl Reiner telling the story of seeing Mel Brooks perform the first time. Brooks was playing a Jewish pirate. You know how hard it is to set sail these days? You know what they're charging for sail cloth? $1.37 a yard! I can't afford to pillage and rape anymore!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next