It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: shut the fuck up dan
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:29 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Listened to the first 15 minutes or so of yesterday's show and you could just hear the excitement in Bernstein's voice. Such serious radio. I wasn't up for it and turned on music.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:40 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
DAC wrote:
Listened to the first 15 minutes or so of yesterday's show and you could just hear the excitement in Bernstein's voice. Such serious radio. I wasn't up for it and turned on music.

U listened to his entire show and had a huge bonar the entire time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
SpiralStairs wrote:
DAC wrote:

You must be another CH/Leotardo idiot?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
DAC wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
DAC wrote:

You must be another CH/Leotardo idiot?

That doesn't sound like a denial!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:33 am 

I flipped on the radio on the way home to hear Speigal and Bernstein arguing how we need to adjust how we define dynasty for Lebron in this new era of player control of their situation

I think I found a replay of right wing radio that was more entertaining.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
good dolphin wrote:
I flipped on the radio on the way home to hear Speigal and Bernstein arguing how we need to adjust how we define dynasty for Lebron in this new era of player control of their situation

maybe if the bears were a true 4-1 and not a fraudulent 4-1 we'd be talking more bears!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
good dolphin wrote:

They weren’t arguing that dynasty needs to be redefined as much as dynasty in the traditional sense does not adequately encapsulate what Lebron has accomplished.

Which I think is accurate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Crick Ramp wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

They weren’t arguing that dynasty needs to be redefined as much as dynasty in the traditional sense does not adequately encapsulate what Lebron has accomplished.

What has he accomplished? I'm well aware he's been to ten finals and won four, and has generally been the most complete player of his era. He's had the league under his control for the most part since 2010. But I sense you/they mean something more than just mundane facts when you say "accomplished" so I want to know what that means.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:12 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

What has he accomplished? I'm well aware he's been to ten finals and won four, and has generally been the most complete player of his era. He's had the league under his control for the most part since 2010. But I sense you/they mean something more than just mundane facts when you say "accomplished" so I want to know what that means.

Huh? No. That’s what I mean.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:52 am 

pizza_Place: The Hut
LeBron is a staright up biitch who toiled in a weak era and made nothing but selfish biitch moves.

I can't wait until the day he retires.

I'm glad Delonte West boned his mom. I hope he dogged that ass out real, real good, too.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:16 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Yes they were. Well, at least Dan was.

Lebron's work isn't dynastic. Dan wants it to be dynastic. Therefore, Dan thinks we need to reconsider dynasty.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: What??
good dolphin wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Lebron's work isn't dynastic. Dan wants it to be dynastic. Therefore, Dan thinks we need to reconsider dynasty.

I kinda get it, I think. Did he mention Tiger Woods? He's dynastic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:15 am 

Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I didn't hear it from the beginning but I think they correctly noted that the word dynasty is usually reserved for at least two generations of success from the same franchise. Contemporary use of the word is that it means just sustained success.

Tiger Woods can't be dynastic unless his son is also a great golfer.

I think you can say the Jordan Bulls were a dynasty because of the difference in the makeup between the first three and the second three but I wouldn't argue with you if you said it wasn't a dynasty.

I think the Yankees are a true dynasty with Ruth passing to Gerig passing to Dimaggio and almost passing to Mantle

Cubs are a dynasty of suck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:16 am 

It's out of character for Dan to embrace this era of "player empowerment". He would ordinarily despise any diminution in power of the owner or the corporate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:43 am 

I wasn't listening, but if you redefine what a "dynasty" is based on Lebron's way about going about building teams then you also have to take into account that Lebron has leveraged owning a sports agency to legally collude with other players to build those teams.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:36 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I didn't hear it from the beginning but I think they correctly noted that the word dynasty is usually reserved for at least two generations of success from the same franchise. Contemporary use of the word is that it means just sustained success.

Tiger Woods can't be dynastic unless his son is also a great golfer.

I think you can say the Jordan Bulls were a dynasty because of the difference in the makeup between the first three and the second three but I wouldn't argue with you if you said it wasn't a dynasty.

I think the Yankees are a true dynasty with Ruth passing to Gerig passing to Dimaggio and almost passing to Mantle

Cubs are a dynasty of suck

John Daly and LJ Daly perhaps?

There's a story Daly tells:
After a round, Daly sits down with some sponsors to drink. He invites Tiger. Tiger says he wants to go hit a few balls. 3 hrs later, obviously Daly is still there and invites him again for a drink. Tiger declines, he's hitting the weight room. Another hour and half passes and Daly makes his 3rd invite. Tiger says, "Listen JD, if I had your talent, I'd be doing exactly what you're doing now".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:48 am 

As usual, this whole conversation started because Dan is obsessed with trying to “inform people how things should be consumed.” Which is stupid but it’s what he does. He thinks some kind of cultural critic that enlightens people. Barf.

Listening back him and Spiegs were more or less thinking out loud and just offering up the idea that what Lebron has done is truly special and can’t or shouldn’t be diminished.

Take it or leave it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Crick Ramp wrote:
As usual, this whole conversation started because Dan is obsessed with trying to “inform people how things should be consumed.” Which is stupid but it’s what he does. He thinks some kind of cultural critic that enlightens people.

That is why I want LaRussa to both get the job AND win a World Series with the White Sox.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:48 pm 

FukNuggitt wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
As usual, this whole conversation started because Dan is obsessed with trying to “inform people how things should be consumed.” Which is stupid but it’s what he does. He thinks some kind of cultural critic that enlightens people.

That is why I want LaRussa to both get the job AND win a World Series with the White Sox.

Why waste spite on the likes of a Dan Bernstein.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10