It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hypocrite Bernstein
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

But he's only being a hypocrite for money.

Dan does a spot for a window company. A company that did his windows.

My dad had his windows replaced a few years ago. 5 or 6 guys did the project in 2 or 3 days. I came by the house cuz he can't walk well and I wanted to make sure they weren't stealing from him and doing the job properly.

You can't social distance when you're ripping out windows. 2 guys need to be close together to rip them out and put them in. Sure, they can be wearing masks. But it's a physical activity. So they're sweating in your house. Probably caughing and sneezing.

So it's a risk.

Bernstein yells at people for not wearing masks properly at the grocery store. Yet there he is encouraging people to get their windows replaced in these times. Why? Cuz he gets money for the endormement.

There are certain house maintenance things that are necessary in these times. Things you can't avoid

Window replacements is not one of them. That can wait for a year or so.

Yet Bernstein is telling everybody to have a crew of guys come to their house.

Bernstein should refuse this endorsement in these times. And they shouldn't run them on the SCORE. But, ya know, it's money for him. So he won't. He just doesn't like when others are reckless in these times.

You think Bernstein would get new windows in these times?

Post subject: Re: Hypocrite Bernstein
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Beardown wrote:
But he's only being a hypocrite for money.

Dan does a spot for a window company. A company that did his windows.

My dad had his windows replaced a few years ago. 5 or 6 guys did the project in 2 or 3 days. I came by the house cuz he can't walk well and I wanted to make sure they weren't stealing from him and doing the job properly.

You can't social distance when you're ripping out windows. 2 guys need to be close together to rip them out and put them in. Sure, they can be wearing masks. But it's a physical activity. So they're sweating in your house. Probably caughing and sneezing.

So it's a risk.

Bernstein yells at people for not wearing masks properly at the grocery store. Yet there he is encouraging people to get their windows replaced in these times. Why? Cuz he gets money for the endormement.

There are certain house maintenance things that are necessary in these times. Things you can't avoid

Window replacements is not one of them. That can wait for a year or so.

Yet Bernstein is telling everybody to have a crew of guys come to their house.

Bernstein should refuse this endorsement in these times. And they shouldn't run them on the SCORE. But, ya know, it's money for him. So he won't. He just doesn't like when others are reckless in these times.

You think Bernstein would get new windows in these times?

A lot of people in my neighborhood are having work done now while it is tremendously cheap. A lot.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

People can do what they want.

I'm just saying Dan Bernstein shouldn't be the one encouraging it based on his tone the last month

Bernstein: Listen to Doctors, and only listen to people who listen to Doctors. That being said, since I'm getting paid for this spot, have a bunch of guys come to your house and rip out windows. If the virus is spread this way I'm cool with it. But you better wear a mask over your nose if I'm near you at the grocery store.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:13 am 

Beardown wrote:
People can do what they want.

I'm just saying Dan Bernstein shouldn't be the one encouraging it based on his tone the last month

Bernstein: Listen to Doctors, and only listen to people who listen to Doctors. That being said, since I'm getting paid for this spot, have a bunch of guys come to your house and rip out windows. If the virus is spread this way I'm cool with it. But you better wear a mask over your nose if I'm near you at the grocery store.

Looks like another case of "Do as I say, not as I do!"

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:33 am 

pizza_Place: Marie's
Last time I listened thought I heard a newsmax commercial on bernsie's show. No balls on him.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:46 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
beardown body slams bern$tein... well done

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

It really does bother me.

Dan lectures everybody everyday on safety and protection. Yet that fucker does a commercial encouraging people to have window guys come to their home to install windows.

When it's not essential. The old windows you have would be fine for another year.

If your pipes break or your water heater craps out, that's another thing. Gotta get that fixed.

Nobody needs new windows right now.

Like I said, he's paid to do that spot, so his Corona stance changes.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
We had an independent guy come over for a quote it was right around 5k. Pella came over today and wants 20k. Guy was nice but really trying to sell, he was here way too long. Read the room.

He had a mask but said this is for you guys. My husband said you can take it off, he was thankful.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Spaulding wrote:
We had an independent guy come over for a quote it was right around 5k. Pella came over today and wants 20k. Guy was nice but really trying to sell, he was here way too long. Read the room.

:lol: He knows his business. The odds of you ever buying from him dropped precipitously as soon as he walked out the door.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
You're busting on him for reading ad copy?

Seriously?

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:

He had a mask but said this is for you guys. My husband said you can take it off, he was thankful.

My Dad got Pella. He did all of his windows. Think it was like 14 or 15.

Got a really nice bow window in the living room. I think it looks really sharp. He got it where the shades are inside the window. Which I thought was nice and easier to maintain. Pella called him a year ago saying they no longer do the shades inside the window but if he needed a replacement they would still custom make them for their customers that have them.

So you missed out on that option, Spaulding.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:54 pm 

They dropped even more precipitously when he gave the quote.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
They dropped even more precipitously when he gave the quote.

Yeah. Windows are more than you think. But you don't want to go cheap on them either. There are cheaper companies but what's the point if the windows suck and you have drafts in the winter? Might as well just keep your old ones rather then go cheap.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:00 pm 

We're going cheap.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
We're going cheap.

:cheers:

Atta girl!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

The good news for everybody is they can afford home repair expenses. If they're still working that is.

Cuz any vacation plans for this summer are out the window. And people are eating at home more which saves money. Not to mention less gas money is needed for the car. Plus you don't have to spend any money on activities for the kids since their are none.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
these remodeling guys WANT to be in your home as long as possible.. to wear you down over the course of an entire day/night if needed before you finally give up and sign their offer. then if you dont cancel in a think 72 hours they've won... if you have a few minutes... read reviews on power home remodeling, some great salesman stories about their sellers, one example below:

Quote:
Power decided to 'Pay' to have my first review taken down'. They shouldn't have the opportunity to do this, if this is truly a venue for people to review companies that in 'our opinion', don't suit our standards. POWER HOME REMODELING DEFINITELY DID NOT.
Below, is a true statement and echos what so many others say on
Yelp. Personally, I do NOT think Sam's Club should ALLOW them
To be approaching people in their store. This is MOST annoying.
I will CONTINUE AND CONTINUE TO RE-POST THIS IF THEY
CONTINUE TO TAKE MY POST DOWN. Obviously, it's all true and
they are threatened by it.
Our 'quote' from Power was over 12 hours LONG. To say it was pressurized, is a gross UNDERSTATEMENT. This man tried EVERY MANIPULATIVE PLOY to make us sign, and forced us to miss our scheduled appointments. The price came down from $49,000 to $27,000. STILL, GROSSLY overpriced for the mere roof quote we wanted (he didn't listen to what we wanted). We did sign, bc we did need a new roof, we were told it was a good deal, and we were UNEDUCATED at that point, and we were told we'd have 3 days to change our minds. We 'educated' ourselves, within that 3 days, canceled our contract with Power in writing, by phone, etc. Our roof isn't complicated, a low pitch roof, very easy. It cost us $6300 ALL IN. That's with a lot of new decking, new venting, garage done as well. ALL MAJORLY WARRANTIED for MANY MANY MANY YEARS TO COME. WE ARE THRILLED WITH OUR CHOICE NOT TO GO WITH POWER! We saved a TON of money, got our roof done WELL, with quality materials. The company we chose was professional, kind, and best of all, RESPECTFUL of our time, and MONEY. Sarah M.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:19 pm 

How the crap could someone stay in your house for 12 hours? I'd be like get out, or you can sit here but I'm going about my day.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:26 pm 

There is very little reason to go with wood or wood with exterior cladding windows anymore. There are some incredibly well made vinyl windows out there that are head and shoulders above the ultra cheap windows. You can even get the vinyl windows with applied jambs and sills. They're virtually indistinguishable from more expensive windows...as long as you wanted white windows.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:30 pm 

I've heard great things about Power Home Remodeling

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

GoldenJet wrote:
There is very little reason to go with wood or wood with exterior cladding windows anymore. There are some incredibly well made vinyl windows out there that are head and shoulders above the ultra cheap windows. You can even get the vinyl windows with applied jambs and sills. They're virtually indistinguishable from more expensive windows...as long as you wanted white windows.

Yeah. Wood is bad in cold, rainy and snowy cities. They're got a rot out in 10 years or so.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

You know how long my Dad had his windows before he replaced them?

40 years. :lol:

They were the originals. He bought the house when it was first built. He's the only owner.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Windows guys (some) are like the old movie Tin Men about siding. I think Jorr was in that flick.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Our house was built in ‘55 and had all of its original wood windows up until 2 years ago. I was going to contract the job out to have them all replaced, but a friend thought I was crazy. He came over and helped me replace one with a double hung vinyl replacement, and it literally took less than an hour. I then went room by room changing them out a couple at a time and saved thousands of dollars. I am not the handiest guy in the world either, but replacing windows is not a task anyone with even basic skills should be afraid of.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I bought feldco windows for the lower level of my house and they're just fine.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
billypootons wrote:
these remodeling guys WANT to be in your home as long as possible.. to wear you down over the course of an entire day/night if needed before you finally give up and sign their offer. then if you dont cancel in a think 72 hours they've won... if you have a few minutes... read reviews on power home remodeling, some great salesman stories about their sellers, one example below:

Quote:
Power decided to 'Pay' to have my first review taken down'. They shouldn't have the opportunity to do this, if this is truly a venue for people to review companies that in 'our opinion', don't suit our standards. POWER HOME REMODELING DEFINITELY DID NOT.
Our 'quote' from Power was over 12 hours LONG. To say it was pressurized, is a gross UNDERSTATEMENT. This man tried EVERY MANIPULATIVE PLOY to make us sign, and forced us to miss our scheduled appointments. The price came down from $49,000 to $27,000. STILL, GROSSLY overpriced for the mere roof quote we wanted (he didn't listen to what we wanted). We did sign, bc we did need a new roof, we were told it was a good deal, and we were UNEDUCATED at that point, and we were told we'd have 3 days to change our minds. We 'educated' ourselves, within that 3 days, canceled our contract with Power in writing, by phone, etc. Our roof isn't complicated, a low pitch roof, very easy. It cost us $6300 ALL IN. That's with a lot of new decking, new venting, garage done as well. ALL MAJORLY WARRANTIED for MANY MANY MANY YEARS TO COME. WE ARE THRILLED WITH OUR CHOICE NOT TO GO WITH POWER! We saved a TON of money, got our roof done WELL, with quality materials. The company we chose was professional, kind, and best of all, RESPECTFUL of our time, and MONEY. Sarah M.

Of course everyone sits around and says they hate to be sold, but the reason it's done that way is because it works. There's a formula to building emotion, applying pressure, allowing release, pressing again. The drops are arranged in a particular order so as to make them seem like they're not outlandish. And everything is designed to get you to buy tonight. Free installation? There's no such thing as free installation. It's just a promo drop. The company is making the margin they want to make.

When I ran a construction company I was the operations guy. One of my partners ran the sales and marketing. He's a nuclear closer. But he got this bright idea that we were going to be "a different kind of company". He developed what he called the "consultative sales process". Basically, that meant our guys didn't hard close anyone. They left the estimate and asked when was a good time to follow up. Wednesday or Thursday? :lol: We got absolutely killed. And you know who was killing us? Guys who came into the home and pounded the fuck out of the couple for five hours and got them to sign on the dotted line.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Composite is the way to go..if you can afford it. Vinyl is fine though.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 8:45 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Quote:

Of course everyone sits around and says they hate to be sold, but the reason it's done that way is because it works. There's a formula to building emotion, applying pressure, allowing release, pressing again. The drops are arranged in a particular order so as to make them seem like they're not outlandish. And everything is designed to get you to buy tonight. Free installation? There's no such thing as free installation. It's just a promo drop. The company is making the margin they want to make.

When I ran a construction company I was the operations guy. One of my partners ran the sales and marketing. He's a nuclear closer. But he got this bright idea that we were going to be "a different kind of company". He developed what he called the "consultative sales process". Basically, that meant our guys didn't hard close anyone. They left the estimate and asked when was a good time to follow up. Wednesday or Thursday? :lol: We got absolutely killed. And you know who was killing us? Guys who came into the home and pounded the fuck out of the couple for five hours and got them to sign on the dotted line.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/5c8fe125-d ... ROWI7.copy

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Quote:

I can say "not good enough" for weeks.