It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:43 am 
1000 CLUB

He's on one of those crusades again. Just like he was when he took on Penn State.

He's right. Everybody should be fired for racism. I'm not saying he's wrong.

I've come to realize that Bernstein is on performance when shit happens. He's always right in what he says.

It just rings hollow to me since he's never apologized for being homophobic, racist and a sexist himself for many years.

That's all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Marie's
He wonders why his ratings suck. Constant race talk and Iowa football. That will really move the numbers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Phil Leotardo wrote:
He wonders why his ratings suck. Constant race talk and Iowa football. That will really move the numbers.

funny you mention ratings... perhaps mitch isnt the dummy some may think he is. since terry's left bernstein's be able to blame bad partners for mediocre/bad ratings. Now that he's flying solo there is no excuse, maybe mitch's plan all along to get rid of expensive underperforming talent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I was surprised to read the strength coach in the middle of the controversy makes $800k a year.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
My wife visited a few B1G schools before choosing UW and she said Iowa was far and away the whitest.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:40 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
My wife visited a few B1G schools before choosing UW and she said Iowa was far and away the whitest.

Starting in the eighties it seemed like every school in Iowa was pushing hard for kids at my old school. More so than virtually every crap Illinois school.

I probably knew more kids at Iowa State back then than any Illinois public college.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:42 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
I probably knew more kids at Iowa State back then than any Illinois public college.

Regular Gar Forman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:43 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
I was surprised to read the strength coach in the middle of the controversy makes $800k a year.

The strength coach is usually in charge of recruiting and is more often than not the HC's right hand man. It's why Georgia went so hard after Nick Saban's guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:45 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Regular Gar Forman

That's disturbing :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I am shocked people still listen to Dan. When he and Goff were together I could understand those who would "hate listen," but even that got old. I just have zero interst to listen to Dan or the Score right now. Maybe Score fatigue. Rather read this board to be honest.

Dan was extremely talented back in the day and just kind of blew it.

I will follow him on twitter when Football comes back around for he has very good analysis of Bears games.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Dan is fine when solo and discussing sports.

That particular combo has been rare for, well, awhile.

Parkins has lost his luster. Not because of his viewpoint but because he can no longer see the opposing viewpoint.

Mac is asleep at the wheel.

Ergo: Spiegs is the best at the station

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Starting in the eighties it seemed like every school in Iowa was pushing hard for kids at my old school. More so than virtually every crap Illinois school.

Iowa State didnt require test scores and had a one page application for and a $10 fee. I applied there because my high school guidance counsellor made me apply to three schools before they would release a transcript. Even though in those days UIUC engineering admission was literally formulaic with defined criteria for early admission. I pissed off the guidance counsellor greatly, but you make stupid and inflexible rules and you get made to look the fool.

And then my dad insisted on driving seven hours each way to see the campus and meet the engineering staff. Fuck me... five minutes into my cordial conversation with the department chair, my dad leans over and whispers to my mom in Greek "this guy is stupid, I don't want Chet going here."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:59 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Iowa State didnt require test scores and had a one page application for and a $10 fee. I applied there because my high school guidance counsellor made me apply to three schools before they would release a transcript. Even though in those days UIUC engineering admission was literally formulaic with defined criteria for early admission. I pissed off the guidance counsellor greatly, but you make stupid and inflexible rules and you get made to look the fool.

And then my dad insisted on driving seven hours each way to see the campus and meet the engineering staff. Fuck me... five minutes into my cordial conversation with the department chair, my dad leans over and whispers to my mom in Greek "this guy is stupid, I don't want Chet going here."

Sounds like the conversation between my mom and the lazy bitch "counselor" I had in Champaign.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:32 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I found out over the past month or so that all the dispshits my son graduated grade school with all seem to have matriculated at Iowa State engineering. The funny one is the kid who failed out of SICP and still somehow showed himself to be sufficiently prepared for an engineering school. They must take the approach of letting everyone in and letting grades weed them out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
KDdidit wrote:

We need to re-settle people there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I found out over the past month or so that all the dispshits my son graduated grade school with all seem to have matriculated at Iowa State engineering. The funny one is the kid who failed out of SICP and still somehow showed himself to be sufficiently prepared for an engineering school. They must take the approach of letting everyone in and letting grades weed them out.

No you can let anyone in. Mathematics and Physics weeds them out. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:20 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Not because of his viewpoint but because he can no longer see the opposing viewpoint.

:lol: No one sees the opposite viewpoint anymore. “YOU CAN NOT SAY THAT!”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:34 am 

pittmike wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Not because of his viewpoint but because he can no longer see the opposing viewpoint.

:lol: No one sees the opposite viewpoint anymore. “YOU CAN NOT SAY THAT!”

Opposing viewpoints are not free speech.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Guidance counselors were the best. That old UIUC formula made my nights a lot less sleepless knowing that I at least wasn’t destined to ECC if I over reached. But every school I got into was a stretch according to my counselor while everyone I got wait listed at was a sure thing and I should try this school or that school that were completely out of my league because they were easier to get into.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
pittmike wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

They are allowed to weed people out. Believe me, if college teachers could flunk people who can't write and think, they would.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:48 am 

tommy wrote:
pittmike wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

They are allowed to weed people out. Believe me, if college teachers could flunk people who can't write and think, they would.

The are or were SUPPOSED to weed them out. Example yo cannot become a chemist without passing organic chemistry 1 and 2. It is a frigging bitch. And depeding on major you will have pchem waiting for you. Anyway the call organic the weed out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:13 am 

Some of my friend are in their late 50s and I swear they still freeze up just at the mention of their pchem undergraduate class.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Physical chem was damn near impossible, and I have a science degree. They took pv equals nrt and turned it problems that couldn’t be solved. My 344 course’s first midterm had an average score of 27% on it. My TA’s for it were Mr. Ding and Mr. Ling, collectively known as ding a ling.....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
The rumor was our B level chem lab director concealed carried as he had some incidents with undergrads getting weeded out. Was it believable? More so that TR carried than a student attacked him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:24 am 

Physical chem was the weed out course for chem and biochem degrees. It caused premed undergrads to switch to bio majors to avoid it. But then you got weeded out my memorization heavy anatomy courses.

I just pushed through. I had to memorize the full chemical structure of all 20 amino acids and DNA and RNA bases in high level biochem...ugh!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Grading rubrics are racist.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:27 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

High level science courses are mostly asian students. Every TA was chinese or russian...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:29 am 

denisdman wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

High level science courses are mostly asian students. Every TA was chinese or russian...

It's all racist.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:35 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
denisdman wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

It's all racist.

“Liar, liar, round eye on fire.”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:39 am 

Requiring no 2 pencils for scantron tests was similarly racist.

2013 CSFMB ROY