It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Oh yeah. He scolded him. I'm shocked nobody posted it.

10am interview.

Bernstein, as always with Theo, tries to impress him. He wants Theo to know that he's as smart as him when it comes to baseball. Because he's in love with him as we all know. Bernstein wants Theo's approval.

So Bernstein asked him, "How can you take advantage of this Covit 60 game season?" Specific question was "What's the hack?"

Theo was offended and told Dan that it was an "inappropriate question". Theo went on to say the hack is to be safe and careful and he's not gonna answer that question when people are struggling to put food on the table.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Theo really is gonna try and run for office as a burrito lib, huh.

Bernstein’s question is fair, Theo’s response is baby brained as fuck.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Antarctica wrote:
Theo really is gonna try and run for office as a burrito lib, huh.

Bernstein’s question is fair, Theo’s response is baby brained as fuck.

Maybe it was a fair question. But it was more about Theo putting Dan in his place.

If I recognize that Bernstein worships Theo and tries to impress him, obviously, the great Theo recognizes it too.

It's not like he's gonna answer that question even if he has a strategy. Cuz the other 29 teams will hear it. Why would he give up any advantage? Bernstein knows that too.

It was Theo saying "You do the fucking radio. I'll manage the fucking baseball team. Stop trying to impress me because you read fan graphs and other baseball sites."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Bernstein asked Hoyer the exact same question a few days ago.

He also got into it a bit with Ian Happ yesterday, who had the audacity to say hitting is contagious.

Bernstein: As an "evidence guy," I'd like to know what makes you think there's such a thing when it just means the pitcher is bad.
Happ: (Gives several reasons and examples.)
Bernstein: A logician would say that's just "post hoc ergo propter hoc."
Happ: :shock: :roll:

Last edited by Jaw Breaker on Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The question is fair, but love seeing Bernstein smacked down so I'll take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
The question is fair, but love seeing Bernstein smacked down so I'll take it.

Fair, but worded pooly

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:31 pm 

You. You are the hack. would have been a great response

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:51 pm 

Theo is the William Shatner of the analytics world's star trek convention

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:55 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

He also got into it a bit with Ian Happ yesterday, who had the audacity to say hitting is contagious.

Bernstein: As an "evidence guy," I'd like to know what makes you think there's such a thing when it just means the pitcher is bad.

This happens pretty consistently when he asks the actual athletes a question that he hopes will support an analytical observation.

Sale did the same thing to him a few years ago with the importance of wins to a starting pitcher.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
If there is a hack, why the hell would Theo broadcast it on a radio show? Dumb question.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

This happens pretty consistently when he asks the actual athletes a question that he hopes will support an analytical observation.

Sale did the same thing to him a few years ago with the importance of wins to a starting pitcher.

Spot on GD. Heard the contagious thing the other day. Was glorious. Need to get stars to start pinning him on momentum and all that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Phil Leotardo wrote:
If there is a hack, why the hell would Theo broadcast it on a radio show? Dumb question.

Correct. That's what I said earlier.

1. Bernstein knew that Theo wouldn't answer that question. He just wanted to tell Theo that he was smart in thinking about this.

2. Bernstein was shocked that Theo scolded him. And crushed about Theo's answer. Cuz his hero basically said "Fuck you" to him.

3. Bernstein has probably interviewed Theo a dozen times since Theo came to Chicago. In that answer, Theo was saying "Lose the high school girl crush that you have on me. It's pathetic. Stop trying to impress me just because you know metrics."

4. Bernstein was embarrassed. But when he came back from a break he put it on Theo saying "He seemed aggravated over the stress of Corona." Trying to take it off him. No, Dan, he was just aggravated by you and your crush on him. Aggravated that you want to prove to him that you're smart. He doesn't care. But Dan cares. He wants Theo to think he's smart.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
That is delicious. I was actually driving around this morning, heard he was having Theo on, and didn't listen because I assumed it would be the usual love fest. My mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I listened and Theo sounded like he just woke up before calling in. He was dismissive on a few of Bernstein's questions (observational non-questions).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Beardown wrote:
So Bernstein asked him, "How can you take advantage of this Covit 60 game season?" Specific question was "What's the hack?"

Theo was offended and told Dan that it was an "inappropriate question". Theo went on to say the hack is to be safe and careful and he's not gonna answer that question when people are struggling to put food on the table.

Sounds like Theo was being a dick. It was a fine question that could have been asked differently but there is nothing inherently wrong with the question. If the question is so inappropriate then they shouldn't be playing at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
good dolphin wrote:
Theo is the William Shatner of the analytics world's star trek convention

:lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Screw Bernstein. Glad he got owned by Theo even if it was a gayyyyyyyyyyyyyy answer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
You can hear the hero worship in Danny's voice when he talks with him.

Theo did bitch him on that question though. He actually went back to bitch him some more in his answer to the next question.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Franky T wrote:

Theo did patriot him on that question though. He actually went back to patriot him some more in his answer to the next question.

Theo is on his period.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:08 am 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:

Theo did patriot him on that question though. He actually went back to patriot him some more in his answer to the next question.

Yep. That next question was about "Black lives matter". Theo didn't like how he presented the question. Dan quickly interrupted to clarify what he meant.

Bernstein was depressed after the interview. Because he now knows that his hero, Theo, thinks he's an idiot and an ass hole. He'll never get the approval and respect from Theo that he desperately wants.

That amuses me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:15 am 

Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Yep. That next question was about "Black lives matter". Theo didn't like how he presented the question. Dan quickly interrupted to clarify what he meant.

Bernstein was depressed after the interview. Because he now knows that his hero, Theo, thinks he's an idiot and an ass hole. He'll never get the approval and respect from Theo that he desperately wants.

That amuses me.

It's ok. Dan can go back to reporting grocery employees for not wearing masks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:01 am 
1000 CLUB

I want to emphasize this point again.

Dan was embarrassed and felt rejected by his idol.

So, when he came back from a break, to tell his audience it wasn't about his dumb ass, he said something like "Theo seemed aggravated and stressed over this Covid thing."

Dan said that to take it off him.

No, Dan. He thought you were an idiot and an ass hole. And he's very much aware that you love him and want to prove you know baseball. That you are trying to impress him. He knows that. He's very smart, Dan, as you know. He's annoyed by it. So what he did was put you in your place. It wasn't about Covid.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:04 am 

Theo knows he's a phony.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:27 am 
1000 CLUB

Yep. Dan usually has control on his show. But it wasn't "Joe from Park Ridge" that was challenging him. Where he can bully and belittle him and then eventually hang up on him.

It was the great Theo Epstein that challenged him this time. So Bernstein had to scramble and also be polite.

There is no doubt Bernstein is hurt by Theo not liking him. No doubt. Maybe for the first time in his life, Bernstein was the one that felt small.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown wrote:

literally this

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:48 pm 

Haha just listened to it. If anyone else asked that question Bernstein would be on his high horse lecturing his audience about all the people dying and how dare you go there. He let his PC fake personality mask slip.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:10 pm 

:lol: Bernstein was almost giddy during that interview.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

blackhawksfan wrote:
Haha just listened to it. If anyone else asked that question Bernstein would be on his high horse lecturing his audience about all the people dying and how dare you go there. He let his PC fake personality mask slip.

Yeah. Like I said, I just like how he came back from break saying "Theo was just frustrated over COVID." "It wasn't about me." "Theo likes me. He likes me!!!!" "I want to make it clear to everybody that Theo thinks I'm smart and that he likes me."

It was funny. When I say Dan is like a high school girl/boy with a crush on somebody, I'm not exaggerating. That's what it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
DAC wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Sounds like Theo was being a dick. It was a fine question that could have been asked differently but there is nothing inherently wrong with the question. If the question is so inappropriate then they shouldn't be playing at all.

"I'll take things people say when they idolize little Danny for $500 Alex" :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:19 am 

Big Gunt wrote:
DAC wrote:
Beardown wrote:

"I'll take things people say when they idolize little Danny for $500 Alex" :roll:

That’s a very inaccurate statement which looks even more foolish when you try to deliver it in a clever way. Stop trying so hard.