It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:58 am 
1000 CLUB

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30288007/chicago-white-sox-manager-tony-la-russa-charged-dui-stemming-february-arrest-court-docs-show

So now Bernstein goes hard after this. He'll do the Bernstein thing. Which is fine by me. Don't get me wrong. I can't believe a 76 year old gets a DUI. Especially somebody like him with money. Uber it, old man. All MLB managers are drunks. Just don't drive.

My point is it's more programing for Bernstein to spread the hate for Tony. He gets to kill time with this shit. And kill Tony. So it's racism and a drunk now.

He was officially charged the day after the SOX hired him from what I read. I wonder if the SOX knew about this. That will be Bernstein's point of emphasize. His angle. I'm curious about that too.

This shit is embarrassing for the White Sox. Especially when Tony wants to teach the young black guys how to behave. I guess he's no example.

Despite this, I still think the SOX win 97 if they play 162.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:34 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Is this significant?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:43 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Sounds like the Sox knew about it and still hired him. Happened way back in February. I thought it was funny they mention in the story he was argumentative with the officer. Sounds like a baseball manager.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:56 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Donald Trump will be the next President.
Chuck Pagano will replace Matt Nagy this year.
Tony Larussa will not be the next Sox manager.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:06 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Thank you for bringing politics into this.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:53 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Is this significant?

Beardown? No, he's just terrible. Very very terrible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:12 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Is this significant?

Top 10 all time poster who gets hated on because he exposed MANY posters heroes for the frauds they are

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Beardown wrote:
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30288007/chicago-white-sox-manager-tony-la-russa-charged-dui-stemming-february-arrest-court-docs-show

So now Bernstein goes hard after this. He'll do the Bernstein thing. Which is fine by me. Don't get me wrong. I can't believe a 76 year old gets a DUI. Especially somebody like him with money. Uber it, old man. All MLB managers are drunks. Just don't drive.

My point is it's more programing for Bernstein to spread the hate for Tony. He gets to kill time with this shit. And kill Tony. So it's racism and a drunk now.

He was officially charged the day after the SOX hired him from what I read. I wonder if the SOX knew about this. That will be Bernstein's point of emphasize. His angle. I'm curious about that too.

This shit is embarrassing for the White Sox. Especially when Tony wants to teach the young black guys how to behave. I guess he's no example.

Despite this, I still think the SOX win 97 if they play 162.

just listened to this ass-clown tell us that la russa 'was combative' with the police. said it twice, to underscore la russa-bad.

being 'combative' with police..what happened this past summer with bernstein cheering on the 'protestors' behind the safety and security of.....well, nevermind.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
This does reflect poorly on Reinsdorf, more so than TLR.

But they both look bad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

The DUI probably would have at least delayed the hiring, if not forced a team to look elsewhere, but because La Russa is tight with Reinsdorf, his mind was already made up. Reinsdorf couldn't have cared too much about this if he literally hired him the next day after they supposedly became aware of this. This wasn't a managerial search though - Reinsdorf made the decision on Day 1 to bring LaRussa back if he wanted the job.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Jerry is the managing partner. But he is not the sole stockholder. We recently saw in Washington that it took Fred Smith from FedEx to say "enough" and start to make noises about selling his stake and taking the FedEx name off the stadium that anything actually happened.

If the folks at Guaranteed Rate start to get upset, for example, then something might change. Otherwise, Jerry wants to die having rectified what he thought was a mistake he made, and he doesn't fucking give a shit what anybody else thinks about it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
rogers park bryan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Is this significant?

Top 10 all time poster who gets hated on because he exposed MANY posters heroes for the frauds they are

is this type of content available for viewing? i thought it was mainly focused on goff/abattacola vitriol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:42 pm 

February?

It doesn't change my belief that we'll know if he still has it by July. But he's gonna have to be restrained in the clubhouse if he's gonna give himself a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
What a mess. I think most managers are more likely to cause a loss by their team with a poor decision than to create a win with a brilliant move. That said, I have to question the judgement of TLR even more now than before, and I didn't give him much of a chance then. Really puts Kenny/Rick in a tough spot-the owner hires who he wants despite your input or common sense. Surely the DUI is a worse offense than allowing trash-can banging, right?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
bernstein is upset la russa didn't get sentenced to 35 years hard labor. all bernstein said today was that by being 'white', along with wealthy and connected, helped la russa escape whatever deserved consequence bernstein felt la russa deserved.

ok. i live in chicago.

in the past year or so, i saw eddie johnson (ex police chief) get out of an obvious dui and jussie smollett get out of staging a fake hate crime - and they aren't 'white'. the latter are relatively wealthy and certainly connected.

what is bernstein on about?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
bernstein is upset la russa didn't get sentenced to 35 years hard labor. all bernstein said today was that by being 'white', along with wealthy and connected, helped la russa escape whatever deserved consequence bernstein felt la russa deserved.

ok. i live in chicago.

in the past year or so, i saw eddie johnson (ex police chief) get out of an obvious dui and jussie smollett get out of staging a fake hate crime - and they aren't 'white'. the latter are relatively wealthy and certainly connected.

it doesnt have to do w/ race but wealth.

if you're rich you got a better chance of getting out of legal trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

ok. i live in chicago.

Bernstein is a moron, hundreds of blacks get probation daily on felony charges on this county alone.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
312player wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

ok. i live in chicago.

Bernstein is a moron, hundreds of blacks get probation daily on felony charges on this county alone.

Good observation. Dan wants a guy well over 70 getting put behind bars. What a joke.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Was he drunk or not? The justice system said no and got a big check. So...fuck that, I say. Let's be consistent, CFMB.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Dan needs a steady feed of CWB Chicago writeups of police reports of how diligent Kim Foxx is about locking people up. He should fix Cook County before working on Arizona.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Is this related to how Arpaio used to treat drunks down there? He’s gone so shouldn’t matter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Bernstein tends to fixate on certain topics and will spend countless hours expressing fake outrage on said topics. It makes him completely unlistenable at this point, and frankly, he would be better served doing PR for SJW organizations at this point in his career.

Unfortunately his approach to sports talk radio has been adopted by several of his colleagues at the station, leading to rather short careers for a few of them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:20 am 

It takes neither a lack of melatonin nor money to get the same kind of treatment Larussa got from the courts. Dan knows this, which makes his statements particularly egregious.