It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

God, do these guys love Theo. They gush over him more than anybody. They love him more than 15 year old me loved Cindy Crawford. If Theo asked, both Larry and Bernstein would agree to suck his dick.

Larry and Bernstein during transition...

- Theo could be the President of the USA.

- Theo could be the greatest doctor in the world.

- Theo could solve race relation problems.

No. He couldn't do any of these things. He built a couple of good baseball teams. And he speaks well. That's it. Why do these guys project these other jobs on him and say he'd be great at them? They act like they know him. They don't.

There are a lot of people that are the best at what they do. There has to be the greatest hooker in the world. I don't know who she is. But just because she's the best hooker, doesn't mean she should run the Bears or be the president of the United States.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Beardown wrote:
God, do these guys love Theo. They gush over him more than anybody. They love him more than 15 year old me loved Cindy Crawford. If Theo asked, both Larry and Bernstein would agree to suck his dick.

No. He couldn't do any of these things. He built a couple of good baseball teams. And he speaks well. That's it. Why do these guys project these other jobs on him and say he'd be great at them? They act like they know him. They don't.

There are a lot of people that are the best at what they do. There has to be the greatest hooker in the world. I don't know who she is. But just because she's the best hooker, doesn't mean she should run the Bears or be the president of the United States.

Well done.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Well done.

Theo could have done a better post

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:17 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Well done.

Theo could have done a better post

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

I find it pathetic.

Worshiping a guy that runs a baseball team.

A guy that had all the money in the world to spend in two places. Cubs and the Red Sox. And he also did it with 2 steroid guys in Boston. Bernstein is the guy that puts down Larussa for doing it with sterioid guys. Canseco, McGuire and Pulhos. Don't mention this shit when it comes to Theo's Red Sox however. He's Really smart. Fuck that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:18 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I find it pathetic.

A guy that had all the money in the world to spend in two places. Cubs and the Red Sox. And he also did it with 2 steroid guys in Boston. Bernstein is the guy that puts down Larussa for doing it with sterioid guys. Canseco, McGuire and Pulhos. Don't mention this shit when it comes to Theo's Red Sox however. He's Really smart. Fuck that.

I’m surprised to be typing this, but I agree with everything you’ve said in this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
I find it pathetic.

I’m surprised to be typing this, but I agree with everything you’ve said in this thread.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:01 am 

The real truth is that baseball has already passed him by at the age of 46. He is no longer viewed as an innovator or cutting edge in terms of how the game is played.

It sucks getting old...and we are getting old much younger these days

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
good dolphin wrote:
The real truth is that baseball has already passed him by at the age of 46. He is no longer viewed as an innovator or cutting edge in terms of how the game is played

I think that’s fair. But I also think he can continue to find ways to be innovative as he takes a step back and figures out which role gives him the best opportunity to make an impact

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:54 pm 

I was listening to these two doing post first round transition on Friday. Larry was happy that callers wouldn't mispronounce the next QB name. Dan was gleeful in saying that demographic of listeners has largely died off now leaving it to the smarter radio era of listeners who can pronounce names. I think he then did his white lower middle class chicago accent.

The voice of the fan!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
good dolphin wrote:
I was listening to these two doing post first round transition on Friday. Larry was happy that callers wouldn't mispronounce the next QB name. Dan was gleeful in saying that demographic of listeners has largely died off now leaving it to the smarter radio era of listeners who can pronounce names. I think he then did his white lower middle class chicago accent.

The voice of the fan!

Lol, I never thought of the angle that we won't be subjected to Gay Cuntler or B-tch Trubinsky (or Ortman, McGowan, etc).

These guys are unreal.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
his personal politics funnel his musings on sport - very predictable nowadays.

he's been very clear to me what he believes is important to the world and what he scoffs at.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:27 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

The voice of the fan!

An interesting way to look at the political realignment in the Northeast and Great Lakes is as a coalition of WASPs, blacks, and Jews (with assimilated secular Jews being WASPs in all but name nowadays) versus ethnic whites.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
You could write a book just on the deals Theo brokered at the synagogue alone.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
badrogue17 wrote:
You could write a book just on the deals Theo brokered at the synagogue alone.

He could do whatever he chooses. Even POTUS!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:30 pm 

Beardown wrote:

He worships Theo because he thinks Theo is like him. Dan thinks with a little luck he could have been Theo. Dan loves a non baseball guy broke the curse.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The voice of the fan!

An interesting way to look at the political realignment in the Northeast and Great Lakes is as a coalition of WASPs, blacks, and Jews (with assimilated secular Jews being WASPs in all but name nowadays) versus ethnic whites.

Interesting, they must have some type of demographic information about what constitutes their current listener demo for advertising purposes, but it would seem that the old reliable Nielsen type ratings where they had a good idea of who was listening would be inapplicable to streaming/podcasting where it would seem the vast majority of people currently consume the product.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:06 pm 

dan said today that maybe the sox injuries are punishment from the baseball gods for hiring la russa.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
dan said today that maybe the sox injuries are punishment from the baseball gods for hiring la russa.

But the real question is, why are the baseball gods punishing you by having you listen to that drivel?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:18 pm 

denisdman wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

But the real question is, why are the baseball gods punishing you by having you listen to that drivel?

good question. i always enjoyed bernstein - i'm no bulls/bb fan but bernstein was great during jordan's last few years. i believe that his personal politics/social mores have suddenly shaped his current sport opinions and i listen for bits of wisdom and other bits of hypocrisy and lunacy.

i don't hate listen. i have called him out for his hypocrisy and praised him for asking tough questions that catch certain guests off-guard.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
LLM...La Russa's Life Matters.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:20 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

I’d love for a listener to have made a call suggesting the Cubs’ offensive woes are in response to Theo’s dumbass insistence Schwarber was untouchable years ago.

[Bernstein badgering lawyer voice]: What do you mean by that? No, what specifically? What baseball gods are you referring to? Ok, so you don’t know. Hang up on yourself.

[hangs up on caller]

THERE. ARE. NO. SUCH. THING. AS. BASEBALL. GODS.

[bernstein Chicago accent voice]: eh, dis Epstine guy hates God and made us stop gettin runs.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:23 pm 

yup..classic dan. he can say it, but you can't.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
denisdman wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

good question. i always enjoyed bernstein - i'm no bulls/bb fan but bernstein was great during jordan's last few years. i believe that his personal politics/social mores have suddenly shaped his current sport opinions and i listen for bits of wisdom and other bits of hypocrisy and lunacy.

i don't hate listen. i have called him out for his hypocrisy and praised him for asking tough questions that catch certain guests off-guard.

I generally enjoy when he's talking sports. Too often, he can't get out of his own way of horrible political takes. He's completely unaware on how ignorant he comes across as he's calling anyone who disagrees with him a bigot, racist, sexist, etc. Who knew this would be a winning formula for sports radio - sports commentary while being woke with bad political/social takes.