It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newsmax commercial
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Listening to Bears pregame yesterday and noticed a commercial for Newsmax network. Bernstein makes his political opinions well known to the listener, yet the Score is willing to accept advertising revenue from far-right networks like Newsmax? Is it fair to say that a portion of Dan’s salary being funded by Newsmax? Does anyone else find this hypocritical?

Post subject: Re: Newsmax commercial
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:43 am 

Wrong section

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Richarde194 wrote:
Listening to Bears pregame yesterday and noticed a commercial for Newsmax network. Bernstein makes his political opinions well known to the listener, yet the Score is willing to accept advertising revenue from far-right networks like Newsmax? Is it fair to say that a portion of Dan’s salary being funded by Newsmax? Does anyone else find this hypocritical?

No, it's not hypocritical at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:21 am 
1000 CLUB

Richarde194 wrote:

The funny thing is that the majority of Score listeners are probably right-leaning; maybe the Score has found the market for left leaning people, but seems like this would be an advertisement that their audience would have some interest. Meanwhile, every person on the Score tries to out-wake each other.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:11 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Julie had a gun store in Indiana as a major sponsor of her 10-midnight show for a good 3 months. Of course she never addressed it being against her best interests.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
vitoscotti wrote:
Julie had a gun store in Indiana as a major sponsor of her 10-midnight show for a good 3 months. Of course she never addressed it being against her best interests.

Do you ask the people who sign your checks if they agree with you before you cash them?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Do you ask the people who sign your checks if they agree with you before you cash them?

I do not, but, even if my bosses/company have different political positions than myself, I do not accuse people who have different opinions than me of being racists, being a nazi, etc.

Bernstein is perfectly comfortable with calling somebody a nazi based on a twitter post. Something tells me he would accuse anyone who listens to Newsmax as being a racist, etc. He's likely in the camp that is happy to ruin somebody's career over political positions, twitter posts, etc.

I'm not sure if this makes him a hypocrite, but people like him, when they want to preach about social justice or make ridiculous political statements, are put in interesting positions when their employers are taking money from the same people he has no issues calling racists, etc.