It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
He is vampire level pale too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Regular Reader wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

Dan does not look good.

Looks like he’s being held hostage and/or trying not to fart.

That's his relaxed punch me face.

I think her hand might be giving him a little pinch.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:35 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
He is vampire level pale too.

He has said multiple times that he is afraid of the sun because sun rays give you cancer and then you die.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:36 pm 

This Feder commenter is on the team for next year:

Quote:
I'm happy for her. As a socks fan I used to like to work she did especially when she worked with Ozzy. As a Sox fan I'm happy for her that she has a job that's going to make her some decent money. But the score to me I rarely listen to it anymore because it's not what it was. The score is celebrating a birthday early this month it might have been yesterday might be today. and it used to be a great station to listen to. I remember when they first started it. Didn't have good reception was going off at night. But Chicago area people loved it. Now I live down around the Kankakee bourbonnais area. But I really love the idea of an all sports radio station. But then the people you got in there working wow the guy you got working from 12:00 to 2:00. The band is so in love with himself he never takes phone calls. He gets on something. and I swear to God all he does is he listens to the afternoon calls after him and he shows and he listens to the shows before him and then he just talks about it. if you ever listen to him you would swear he was the greatest athlete and the smartest person in the world. And to be honest with you I wouldn't give him 10 cents to work for me. Now that may sound funny. But he may be working for me someday. You never know you never know what life's are going to turn. Mike North was very controversial but you know Mike Northwood back up his fax. Danny Mac who they just fired. Again. He at least knew what he was talking about. Leah will do a good job. I hate the fact that it's a cub station. but it's going to be fun I might turn it on every now and then just to listen because for a team that all I've heard for the last four or five years they built themselves for the long run. No when you have Theo is your boss you're going to win and the Cubs won and they should be happy for that. But look at those track rate he builds he tears apart and then he runs that's his track record you knew it was coming and now you got a guy running the Cubs who hell I don't even know when Theo was in there of even spoke 20 words. Going back to the promotion here I'm happy for she wants to become a cub fan letter. There is one good baseball team in Chicago and it plays on the south side and it's going to kill this Cub station but they're going to have to talk good about the White Sox because they built it for the long run they've got their Stars locked in they're adding new stars everyday hey we might be in all Cuban ball tub club one day but if it's Cubans very best at every position hey I don't go to talk to him I go to watch him play ball and watch a win games they're from Cuba or Japan or whatever equal opportunity is all that matters right that's what the score proved with hiring Leah so congratulations to her but I won't be listening to you because I went to score sucks

The Leery section is killin' me :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
How long until the first Middle East bit? Pacifist or Terrorist, callers light em up!!

I doubt MANY know of her Turkish heritage.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Curious Hair wrote:
This Feder commenter is on the team for next year

this guy rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:57 pm 

Honestly, better Score content than this board has had in months.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Curious Hair wrote:
This Feder commenter is on the team for next year:

Quote:
I'm happy for her. As a socks fan I used to like to work she did especially when she worked with Ozzy. As a Sox fan I'm happy for her that she has a job that's going to make her some decent money. But the score to me I rarely listen to it anymore because it's not what it was. The score is celebrating a birthday early this month it might have been yesterday might be today. and it used to be a great station to listen to. I remember when they first started it. Didn't have good reception was going off at night. But Chicago area people loved it. Now I live down around the Kankakee bourbonnais area. But I really love the idea of an all sports radio station. But then the people you got in there working wow the guy you got working from 12:00 to 2:00. The band is so in love with himself he never takes phone calls. He gets on something. and I swear to God all he does is he listens to the afternoon calls after him and he shows and he listens to the shows before him and then he just talks about it. if you ever listen to him you would swear he was the greatest athlete and the smartest person in the world. And to be honest with you I wouldn't give him 10 cents to work for me. Now that may sound funny. But he may be working for me someday. You never know you never know what life's are going to turn. Mike North was very controversial but you know Mike Northwood back up his fax. Danny Mac who they just fired. Again. He at least knew what he was talking about. Leah will do a good job. I hate the fact that it's a cub station. but it's going to be fun I might turn it on every now and then just to listen because for a team that all I've heard for the last four or five years they built themselves for the long run. No when you have Theo is your boss you're going to win and the Cubs won and they should be happy for that. But look at those track rate he builds he tears apart and then he runs that's his track record you knew it was coming and now you got a guy running the Cubs who hell I don't even know when Theo was in there of even spoke 20 words. Going back to the promotion here I'm happy for she wants to become a cub fan letter. There is one good baseball team in Chicago and it plays on the south side and it's going to kill this Cub station but they're going to have to talk good about the White Sox because they built it for the long run they've got their Stars locked in they're adding new stars everyday hey we might be in all Cuban ball tub club one day but if it's Cubans very best at every position hey I don't go to talk to him I go to watch him play ball and watch a win games they're from Cuba or Japan or whatever equal opportunity is all that matters right that's what the score proved with hiring Leah so congratulations to her but I won't be listening to you because I went to score sucks

The Leery section is killin' me :lol:

I could only make it half way through. Is this the kind of caller that Clawmaster and others are clamoring for that you used to hear on the Score? No thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:22 pm 

No, this is like if sinicalypse had a drunk uncle who called Rongey's postgame show. It's amazing because he's clearly doing speech-to-text but even adjusting for some of the baffling typos with that in mind, it's still pure drivel, except for his critique of Laurence Holmes, which is surprisingly astute!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
This reminds me of the Vocalo days with Feder (where my username was born), with the guy who would stalk Melissa Forman, five people claiming to be Bruce Wolf, and the rest.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:37 pm 

Yes, I caught an appearance of The Lovely Melissa Forman in a recent Feder post and I thought of that delightful commenter. Those were indeed the days. Now it's just a boring mix of right-wing cranks, divorced dads who orbit Julie DiCaro, and, like, Ray Stevens or something. Oh, and a Filipino guy with the humorous nom de guerre of "Mike Ruffone."

EDIT: incidentally, one of the right-wing cranks has used Groucho as an avatar, leading to a funny case of mistaken identity where someone here got really really mad at Mr. Reason.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:45 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Yes, I caught an appearance of The Lovely Melissa Forman in a recent Feder post and I thought of that delightful commenter. Those were indeed the days. Now it's just a boring mix of right-wing cranks, divorced dads who orbit Julie DiCaro, and, like, Ray Stevens or something. Oh, and a Filipino guy with the humorous nom de guerre of "Mike Ruffone."

EDIT: incidentally, one of the right-wing cranks has used Groucho as an avatar, leading to a funny case of mistaken identity where someone here got really really mad at Mr. Reason.

I mentioned it once years later and Ms. Forman sent me a very nice message. I guess the guy was truly wacko and the cops had to be brought in, and she asked me not to bring it up there in the future. She was very nice about it and apologized for bothering me about it.

and it was the Semi-Lovely....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:45 pm 

I haven't changed my sig in like seven years but "you know Mike Northwood back up his fax" is calling my name.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Sorry you missed the callers back in the day, many of the regulars became important contributors to the shows.

Know very well those days are gone forever.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:05 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Sorry you missed the callers back in the day, many of the regulars became important contributors to the shows.

I didn't miss them. I have been listening since the start.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:59 am 

DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Hmmm...listening to Kap and Hood use callers to add needed energy to the show and actually allowing callers to actually disagree with the hosts.

Guess you would rather listen to Parkins/Bernstein/Mully/Holmes drone on with like minded "experts" for hours and hours.

Good luck with that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:13 am 

I don't listen to mid day radio but I hope she does well. If I were a manager introducing a relatively new host to the fan base, I would have taken the opportunity offered by holiday vacations to have had her host at least once in each of the daytime slots so that she could build familiarity with the fanbase.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:14 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Hmmm...listening to Kap and Hood use callers to add needed energy to the show and actually allowing callers to actually disagree with the hosts.

Guess you would rather listen to Parkins/Bernstein/Mully/Holmes drone on with like minded "experts" for hours and hours.

Good luck with that.

Most callers suck more than most experts. Unless you want to hear meatballs. Or unless you have excellent and relentless call screeners. Some callers are good, some experts are good.

This is not a Chicago phenomenon. It is just as bad on NC radio, or on the XM single-sport channels. One thing about MLB Network Radio on XM is that about 60% of the guests are players, managers, or GMs. That makes it more bearable than some radio.com shill pretending to be a football expert.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Curious Hair wrote:

Reason is a right-wing crank though. Why do you assume it’s not the same guy?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:38 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Good luck with that.

Most callers suck more than most experts. Unless you want to hear meatballs. Or unless you have excellent and relentless call screeners. Some callers are good, some experts are good.

This is not a Chicago phenomenon. It is just as bad on NC radio, or on the XM single-sport channels. One thing about MLB Network Radio on XM is that about 60% of the guests are players, managers, or GMs. That makes it more bearable than some radio.com shill pretending to be a football expert.

Perfectly stated. Most callers do not add anything of value to a show and many calls are a complete waste of time. And the fire and passion calls are rarely entertaining either. A listener can always send a text or email and if it is of value then it can be mentioned and discussed. The problem is efficiency. In order to hear the 2 out of 10 good calls, you have to sit through 3 awful calls and 5 which don't advance the conversation.

My preferred style of a show is hosts talking with each other and with expert guests. I listen to a large number of podcasts that have this style. The Mike North, golden era of the Score is something I never want to hear again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
callers can be fun to have on if you give them the B&B treatment with various song snippets according to the level of strange in their calls. I have been catching Kap and Hood and they're pretty decent with callers. It can work and a part of me misses it. But Bernsie's never going to be the same. You can't go back in time, except on youtube.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:15 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Reason is a right-wing crank though. Why do you assume it’s not the same guy?

We talked about it and it's not the same guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:26 am 

DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Good luck with that.

Perfectly stated. Most callers do not add anything of value to a show and many calls are a complete waste of time. And the fire and passion calls are rarely entertaining either. A listener can always send a text or email and if it is of value then it can be mentioned and discussed. The problem is efficiency. In order to hear the 2 out of 10 good calls, you have to sit through 3 awful calls and 5 which don't advance the conversation.

My preferred style of a show is hosts talking with each other and with expert guests. I listen to a large number of podcasts that have this style. The Mike North, golden era of the Score is something I never want to hear again.

Will have to agree to disagree, local sports talk requires injections of energy from different voices because it is impossible for the hosts to bring the same level of focus day after day.

The callers do often suck, but if used properly, the hosts can use bad callers to move from topic to topic, or to validate their views.

Also may be a personal preference for conflict on the radio, maybe because I go all the way back to the Ditka show where they allowed him to navigate callers that directly questioned his ability to coach, and back to the sometimes adversarial transition segments in the earlier days of the station.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:48 am 

Conflict on the radio is fine. But two caveats:

1. Athletes, coaches, GMs, owners don't HAVE to come on. Look at the damage that Bernstein did with the Blackhawks. The proper way to do that is have an interview first, then a half a segment where the hosts read between the lines as needed, then a segment and a half where yeah, you let callers give their opinions on the interview. But the 670 hosts and screeners are too shit to do that. Ditkas who live on conflict are rare.

2. A mindless progression of "Schwarber sucks, why don't you trade him and Almora for Juan Soto" calls is lousy radio.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Clawmaster wrote:
Also may be a personal preference for conflict on the radio, maybe because I go all the way back to the Ditka show where they allowed him to navigate callers that directly questioned his ability to coach, and back to the sometimes adversarial transition segments in the earlier days of the station.

Agreed...it's hard to even imagine a Matt Nagy show, where callers could ask him questions--even if Hub were there to act as his attorney.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:54 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Agreed...it's hard to even imagine a Matt Nagy show, where callers could ask him questions--even if Hub were there to act as his attorney.

The early days of the station allowed for an environment that will never happen again, teams will never allow team reps to take difficult questions from callers. It did create some memorable content, still recall looking at my brother and both of us wondering if we had actually heard the head coach of the Bears tell a caller he would, "whip his ass".

I also enjoyed it immensely when Nabil would call in and in a heavy middle eastern accent would call North a "windsock". Maybe I'm just a bad guy that enjoys hearing people bust each others balls, but to each their own.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:47 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

The early days of the station allowed for an environment that will never happen again, teams will never allow team reps to take difficult questions from callers. It did create some memorable content, still recall looking at my brother and both of us wondering if we had actually heard the head coach of the Bears tell a caller he would, "whip his ass".

I also enjoyed it immensely when Nabil would call in and in a heavy middle eastern accent would call North a "windsock". Maybe I'm just a bad guy that enjoys hearing people bust each others balls, but to each their own.

I do not enjoy confrontational radio, ball busting, and general shock jock behavior on the talk shows I listen to.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I have to think that much of the quality of callers today stems from the advance of technology and the general "instant gratification" mindset. True, everyone has a phone in their hand now, but how MANY are willing to sit on hold for 45 minutes to get made fun of by Lil' Danny B? They have a thought and instantly post it to the IG or reddit thread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Candlelight
TriColoredPastas wrote:
can bernstein shut the fuck up about the pandemic if he is fine with being in studio with no mask?

Amen to that.

Every time he starts with his COVID lectures (remember he is smarter and more woke than all of us), I turn them off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next