It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's (Bar None The Best)
Listened for first time to this show. Transition with M&h was horrendous enough, but what really sold how awful the show was: the open. Those are the highlights of this pair? Wow. No chemistry at all on remote. Leila let Bernstein lead, but the problem is this guy is just cashing a paycheck at this point. He's got no fastball and anyone who has listened to him in the last decade could give you his take before he does. Danny will ride press conference radio until he retires!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
expecting them to have chemistry at this point is unlikely. It's early.

But Rahimi doesn't work. She just doesn't. Voice grating aside, she doesn't seem prepared or if she's prepared, she has to go off notes. Someone called her a good sidekick....that's probably right. She doesn't work as a foil for Bernsie and I can't see it working out. She lends more weight to the serious side of Dan.

Why they didn't pair him with Ronge is beyond me. It made sense.

One awkward moment so far was Dan telling Rahimi how he gets sucked into older ladies in bikini articles. Rough go, that one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
at least i know they are on the same sjw page - how sincere? i don't know.

today, more of the deshaun watson messiah revival - bernstein was upset that the texans gm said the texans wanted to 'keep the player' - spoken at last week's texan press conference about watson. bernstein says that using 'player' instead of the name deshaun, dehumanizes and objectifies watson. leila said it's a dog whistle for the franchise because old man mcnair said he would never let "the inmates run the asylum".

bernstein still raging about the 'preacher' who is the texan's vice-president of football operations. talks about this pastor with contempt, similar to his contempt and conniption fit when the cubs utilized a greek orthodox priest to 'lift' the curse upon the cubs.

daniel, the texans drafted a black qb and the cubs went p.t. barnum to drum up some buzz with the priest/curse.

want's wrong with that? i've been told that jews have written the lyrics for most of america's modern era favorite christmas songs.

i can't remember what was dan's take was about the orthodox jew college basketball player who wore a yarmulke/kippah. he certainly has issues with a pastor and a priest. religion and sports don't mix, or, christianity and sport don't mix? not sure.

i will give dan a high-five for asking a tough question last week about toews' health to a blackhawks reporter - he never got a legit answer from the reporter.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I heard Rahimi say Philadelphians frown on using an umbrella in the snow, but it's accepted here. I've never seen anyone use an umbrella in the snow.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

today, more of the deshaun watson messiah revival - bernstein was upset that the texans gm said the texans wanted to 'keep the player' - spoken at last week's texan press conference about watson. bernstein says that using 'player' instead of the name deshaun, dehumanizes and objectifies watson. leila said it's a dog whistle for the franchise because old man mcnair said he would never let "the inmates run the asylum".

If they still did it, that would be one for Thursdays at 5:00.

Over the course of the last few years the media has begun to almost exclusively refer to players as "assets" and "capital" rather than people. That is more dehumanizing than referring to a player as "the player" and, seeing as how the people in control of the fate of these "assets" are frequently *gasp* white men, it seems quite problematic to use those terms to refer to people as things to be bought and sold.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

I was told repeatedly that Leila would not be providing woke content.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:22 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
What McNair actually said was much worse. He said "let the inmates run the prison" when everyone knows the phrase is running the [insane] asylum, as in the disorder and insanity that would result from that. But prison, wow, I wonder why he would make that change.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Oh man, whomever the Bears hire to replace Ryan Pace, they BETTER use their pro-nouns correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Jason Goff wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
What McNair actually said was much worse. He said "let the inmates run the prison" when everyone knows the phrase is running the [insane] asylum, as in the disorder and insanity that would result from that. But prison, wow, I wonder why he would make that change.

...and there it is...you know why playa...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:05 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

far be it from a sports talker to ever mix a cliche on air

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Caller Bob wrote:
Oh man, whomever the Bears hire to replace Ryan Pace, they BETTER use their pro-nouns correctly.

In another 5-10 years checking people's personal pronouns is going to be like checking for immigration papers back in the day.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's (Bar None The Best)
Amazing to me how downhill the station has gone. A decade plus ago in middays we had mcneil-spiegal that wasn't for everyone but at least had a big core audience. What I heard yesterday honestly sounded like a bad college radio show. And perhaps most offensive about it is they brand the show as intelligent sports talk. Sorry but I'd rather listen to the grobber as at least there's entertainment value in it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Curious Hair wrote:

good catch.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Tad Queasy wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Over the course of the last few years the media has begun to almost exclusively refer to players as "assets" and "capital" rather than people.

Swung on and belted.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Over the course of the last few years the media has begun to almost exclusively refer to players as "assets" and "capital" rather than people.

Swung on and belted.

Bernstein used to call black basketball players "Wang-Whippers". Not only was that dehumanizing, it was also code for the N-Word.

Bernstein also called a women basketball player a "wildebeest".

Hey Leila, just letting you know the hypocrisy of your new partner.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:04 pm 

Leila getting salty...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:27 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Leila getting salty...

Already in the Bernstein fuck the fans mode.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Caller Bob wrote:
Leila getting salty...

Little bit of "hold me back..." fake tough guy routine from Leila, I'm pretty sure the text line interface by default doesn't display anything more than the area code and prefix. But to answer her question, she is "protecting" the guy because tweeting out his phone number would likely get her fired, and the station sued.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:05 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Leila getting salty...

I want to know what kind of person chooses to listens to a show and then texts something like that in.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:09 pm 

It's constructive criticism.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:13 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
It's constructive criticism.

Do you text often or was that the first one?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:14 pm 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Leila getting salty...

I want to know what kind of person chooses to listens to a show and then texts something like that in.

http://chicagofanatics.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7800

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Leila getting salty...

reads fine to me. constructive criticsm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
How did that person survive the Goff years of constant laughing?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Leila getting salty...

Get over it, Leila. Welcome to the SCORE. That's what your gonna get. Toughen up.

And I like her. I haven't heard much of this new show. But you're right, I doubt she laughs as much as Larry and Goff over things that aren't funny. Larry is worse than Goff.

From what I have heard, it's Dan that always leads the conversation topic. She never does as far as what I've heard. Dan has the take, then he waits for her to respond which is usually nodding the head in agreement. Much like Terry did.

I said it a month or so ago. Just let Dan go solo. He doesn't need a partner that's just there to agree with him. And it would be a smart business move by the SCORE. His ratings will be the same with a partner or without one.

I get it. The SCORE had to prove that they love women even though they don't. Nor does Dan. Especially the women that aren't Jewish.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Beardown wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Leila getting salty...

Get over it, Leila. Welcome to the SCORE. That's what your gonna get. Toughen up.

And I like her. I haven't heard much of this new show. But you're right, I doubt she laughs as much as Larry and Goff over things that aren't funny. Larry is worse than Goff.

From what I have heard, it's Dan that always leads the conversation topic. She never does as far as what I've heard. Dan has the take, then he waits for her to respond which is usually nodding the head in agreement. Much like Terry did.

You think it's possible to give her 3 months to settle in? I've listened. And for a newbie and I don't PTFB, it shows there might be a little something there. We can make a better judgement when's she's more comfortable.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Beardown wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Leila getting salty...

You think it's possible to give her 3 months to settle in? I've listened. And for a newbie and I don't PTFB, it shows there might be a little something there. We can make a better judgement when's she's more comfortable.

I agree. I said in my post that I like her. She knows her sports.

I just think anybody with Bernstein, man or women, is just gonna follow his lead. He kind of has that control when he's on the radio. I don't know how to explain why. He's just a dominate, well spoken guy, and the co host just follows his lead.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Goff did the same thing with Bernstein, laughed non-stop throughout the show. Maybe its hard to sit across from Dan and not laugh your balls off at him?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm not saying it's bad to agree with Dan. He's right a lot of times.

I just notice that he's always the one starting the conversation with the opinion. He's always first. Why can't his cohost start a conversation or a thought? It's always been that way with Dan and his partners. He always leads.

Larry used to be a sub host with him a lot back in the day. Larry was famous for saying "That's right, Dan."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
I like how she is responding on twitter and telling listeners to “take the energy somewhere else”. Maybe someone should give her a little history lesson on Bernstein Co-hosts telling people not to listen. Take all the listeners you can get. Even the ones you hate.