It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I Hate Everything
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Leila is trying so hard to fit in. I feel for her.

Post subject: Re: I Hate Everything
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
you're doing fine.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
In some ways, being paired with Bernstein as her first radio partner is akin to having a traumatic childhood. You can evolve past it in time but it’s going to leave some scars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Crick Ramp wrote:
In some ways, being paired with Bernstein as her first radio partner is akin to having a traumatic childhood. You can evolve past it in time but it’s going to leave some scars

This is spot on. She can't find her own voice without the constant worry about disappointing Dan.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Crick Ramp wrote:

Which is why Bernstein needs a strong, confident cohost. Rozner would have been a great choice to keep the B&B vibe going but they miserably failed with the Goff and McKnight pairings. And it doesn't look like this pairing with Rahimi is going to be a success either.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's
We all knew that from the get go. This was just to satisfy some social agenda and to prove to July that they DO support women in such roles.

M&H go to transition, CDOM changes the station...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Leila should have been paired with another woman. Why is Bernstein the lead on every segment? Then she speaks occasionally. Isn't there a subject that she excels in she can lead? Aren't most Score shows equal partnerships? If she's not deemed equal it's a quota hire.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
CDOM wrote:
We all knew that from the get go. This was just to satisfy some social agenda and to prove to July that they DO support women in such roles.

Leila being appointed wont satisfy DiCaro. She's so vindictive and full of shit. She either thinks Leila didnt deserve it or has some imaginary grudge instilled in her casing that would never allow for her to be happy genuinely for her. Katie Nolan and Susannah Collins are prime examples where Julie doesnt follow that Support All Women/Special Place in Hell bullshit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:44 pm 

I think the issue was getting a female on to one of the major day-parts. Not an overnight or weekend slot that no one listens to. So they were limited to either Bernstein or pairing with Parkins. Although, I think SJW Parkins and her would be in hog heaven together.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:46 pm 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
CDOM wrote:

Leila being appointed wont satisfy DiCaro. She's so vindictive and full of shit. She either thinks Leila didnt deserve it or has some imaginary grudge instilled in her casing that would never allow for her to be happy genuinely for her. Katie Nolan and Susannah Collins are prime examples where Julie doesnt follow that Support All Women/Special Place in Hell bullshit

110% agree with you. However, just as "optics", the Score can say "see, we tried with a woman as a regular host of a day-part...", which can kinda throw water on Julie's personal vindictive fire... Maybe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:26 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Isn't there a subject that she excels in she can lead?

This was my issue with her being chosen for the full time gig. What’s her value add in terms of knowledge or perspective? I gave her a fair listen when she was once a week and heard nothing compelling or unique

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein was allowed to remain in this job/market way too long.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Caught some of the show today and it was again awkward to hear them interviewing NBA expert Brian Geltzeiler. Typically when a pair like Parkins and Spiegel or M&H are interviewing a guest, the questions from each are similar in tone and complexity. With Bernstein and Rahimi, he'll show off with drawn out technical questions and then Leila probably feels inadequate when it's her turn. That doesn't necessarily mean DB's question is bad or that Leila doesn't need to step it up, but the flow is not there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I bet Dan complains to his wife at night that he has to work with a girl and it's not fair.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm kind of shocked that they gave Dan a partner. Of all the people at the SCORE, he's the most equipped to do a solo show. Plus the SCORE would have saved money. And they need to save money based on all of their layoffs recently.

Dan is fine alone. He's always the lead. Leila just confirms what Dan says from the few times I've listened. Boers did the same thing. There is no point to give him a partner.

I know the SCORE thought they had to prove that they don't hate women. That's why it was done. But they should have given her to Parkins instead of Bernstein. Or they should have fired Haugh and given her to Mully.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:22 pm 

She's holding him back... :D

@Jaw Breaker, that is one of the things I noted right away when they started, but chalked it up to them just learning/feeling each other out. So you're telling me that nothing has changed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

CDOM wrote:

@Jaw Breaker, that is one of the things I noted right away when they started, but chalked it up to them just learning/feeling each other out. So you're telling me that nothing has changed.

I would assume Dan feels like he has to be nicer cuz he's with a girl. It's natural. You're always nicer around women. Unless you're around Julie. She doesn't deserve that courtesy.

Dan likes to be a jack ass. So being forced to be nicer would be holding him back.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
For those who care, Entercom reported results today. There was nothing specific worth posting as they highlighted their new gambling partnership and Locked On podcasts. I went through the conference call notes, and it was pretty vanilla. Advertising is down, and they have cut costs. Standard stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:52 pm 

Beardown wrote:
CDOM wrote:

I would assume Dan feels like he has to be nicer cuz he's with a girl. It's natural. You're always nicer around women. Unless you're around Julie. She doesn't deserve that courtesy.

Dan likes to be a jack ass. So being forced to be nicer would be holding him back.

This is so true about him. :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
DAC wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Which is why Bernstein needs a strong, confident cohost. Rozner would have been a great choice to keep the B&B vibe going but they miserably failed with the Goff and McKnight pairings. And it doesn't look like this pairing with Rahimi is going to be a success either.

Smartest post I have seen about this shitshow yet. Well done.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
blackhawksfan wrote:
I bet Dan complains to his wife at night that he has to work with a girl and it's not fair.

At least toss him a Megan Glaros so he can stare at her bazungas and have something to do during the show.

Plus Megan would be a hit when it comes time to talk about "Bear Weather" and the innate advantage that gives the beloved whenever the temperature plummets down into "Bear Country!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:57 am 

denisdman wrote:
For those who care, Entercom reported results today. There was nothing specific worth posting as they highlighted their new gambling partnership and Locked On podcasts. I went through the conference call notes, and it was pretty vanilla. Advertising is down, and they have cut costs. Standard stuff.

I can't believe The Score is still beating am1000. I guess more people like intellectual woke sports talk than I thought. Besides Mully I find the personalities extremely boring. I mostly listen to Kap and Hood and then take the rest and throw it right in the garage.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:06 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I can't believe The Score is still beating am1000. I guess more people like intellectual woke sports talk than I thought. Besides Mully I find the personalities extremely boring. I mostly listen to Kap and Hood and then take the rest and throw it right in the garage.

Honestly calling what Bernstein, Larry, and to an extent Parkins do “woke” is an insult to the word woke.

It’s just bad radio. Even when my personal beliefs align with what Bernstein and Parkins say, I still tune out and now don’t listen at all.

They aren’t “woke.” They are completely clueless about what their audience wants to hear. And their hubris is so massive apparently they don’t care. It’s really that simple.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
blackhawksfan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

AM1000 shows are definitely more fun radio. WSCR still has an insufferable feeling of self-importance that grates on me. I flip back and forth based on what the current topic is. WMVP hosts at least sound like they enjoy their work. WSCR hosts sound exhausted by the important work they see themselves doing, explaining everything to the rest of us.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:18 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Honestly calling what Bernstein, Larry, and to an extent Parkins do “woke” is an insult to the word woke.

It’s just bad radio. Even when my personal beliefs align with what Bernstein and Parkins say, I still tune out and now don’t listen at all.

They aren’t “woke.” They are completely clueless about what their audience wants to hear. And their hubris is so massive apparently they don’t care. It’s really that simple.

Fair point. I enjoy listening to meatball sports fans who have some sort of goofy quality to them. Why does Mitch Rosen keep hiring these nerds? Why is he the way he is?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:38 am 

I listen during drive times. Kap/Hood and Mully/Haugh have a nice schedule going where one is in commercial while the other is talking.

Silvy and Waddle somehow think anyone gives a rat's rear end what Mark Giangreco thinks and give over their last hour to him. I'll take Parkins every day over that empty shirt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:29 am 

I’ve always found the Giangreco slurping to be very strange.

Hard pass on him for me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:06 pm 

January radio ratings came out. I was wondering if I would see WMVP pick up any ratings from the Score. It didn't, and I actually think they went down some and the Score went up. Granted this is overall and not specific day parts, so I would need to see that, but still...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
man of few opinions wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

AM1000 shows are definitely more fun radio. WSCR still has an insufferable feeling of self-importance that grates on me. I flip back and forth based on what the current topic is. WMVP hosts at least sound like they enjoy their work. WSCR hosts sound exhausted by the important work they see themselves doing, explaining everything to the rest of us.
Parkins and Speigel really isn't serious radio at all. That's a bad take.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:19 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Parkins and Speigel really isn't serious radio at all. That's a bad take.

I've said from day one Parkins is a boring listen. Spiegs is good in short spurts but once he gets comfortable he becomes annoying